Fast Lap Help for Everyone

I found this over on the xboxachievements forum. thanks to 1001puppies over there for discovering it! i tried it on the tracks I was having a lot of problems with and already spent a good amount of time trying to do(Indy, Texas, and Darlington). I found that as long as your not the "reason" for the caution coming out it works, you can cause it, but dont be the reason it has to come out.

original thread:Tips for getting Fastest laps? - Xbox360Achievements.org

I may have discovered something fellas, and it might be an exploit. So as you might have seen in my rant, I lost everything. I am flying through campaign to unlock the invintationals again. When Watkins Glen popped up, I didn't qualify. Since I had the point lead by 600, I decided to throw the race.

I would start in 43rd and mash the gas on the outside going into turn 1. This would cause a caution. I repeated 3 more times, and the race ended under caution (I placed 2nd by the way, lol). When I was looking for the Atlanta master time, I scrolled right, and to my MAJOR disbelief, Watkins Glen's lap time of 1:13.XX was checked off.

This is the only time i have even touched watkins, and i didn't even complete an entire lap. I am trying to see if this turn 1 caution thing is working on other tracks, if so, I may have landed an awesome discovery !

Still isn't going to help on the gold times for inventational events unfortunately.

UPDATE: I tried the plow method on Daytona, Pocono, and Infineon. And odd enough, Infineon also got a star under the master the track card. This is not much proof, but I assure you these are hard ones to legitamently do, so test it out and see if it works for you.

just tried this on watkins glen on a 5 lap race and it didn't work. I finished 23rd. I'm gonna try this at infineon and see what happens

EDIT: gave up on infinieeon (couldnt bring out enough cautions quick enough) tried Indy, didn't work their either.

maybe he's just fucking with us or it's a glitch on x-box that isn't on ps3

Edited by nascargo19

it worked for me on 5 tracks on ps3. make sure the caution comes out before any laps are recorded each time. you have to do it 3 times and not be the reason for the caution. just go real hard into a good amount of cars in the first turns and it should work. also make sure its set-up as a 2 lap race, it will turn into 6 laps because of the 3 green-white-checkers from the caution laps.

Edited by DALEshakeNbakeJR

not an issue really, mastering tacks and there time is easy i did both road courses even with brake assist on w/o much issues just move the slider a bit towards accelerate in basic setups

darlington is the only hard one i had you have to run 3-4 wide open w/o braking

for the superspedways you need AI on hard to draft off of thats all i ran into while mastering the times for the other tracks i have not mentioned i got them while qualifying with defualt setup but no brake help

also for the 5 pits and ect. just qualify for a race in pole set number of opponents to 1 AI easy, and the least number of laps bring out the caution once the race begins pit, win the race then hit race again do it 4 more times and your done you dont have to go back to the menu you can do it 5 times in a row than move to next track

the issues than i and many others are having after looking at the forums on the games site is the paint schemes and pins are not all unlocking while ranking up resulting in no trophies for those two things

not an issue really, mastering tacks and there time is easy i did both road courses even with brake assist on w/o much issues just move the slider a bit towards accelerate in basic setups

darlington is the only hard one i had you have to run 3-4 wide open w/o braking

for the superspedways you need AI on hard to draft off of thats all i ran into while mastering the times for the other tracks i have not mentioned i got them while qualifying with defualt setup but no brake help

also for the 5 pits and ect. just qualify for a race in pole set number of opponents to 1 AI easy, and the least number of laps bring out the caution once the race begins pit, win the race then hit race again do it 4 more times and your done you dont have to go back to the menu you can do it 5 times in a row than move to next track

the issues than i and many others are having after looking at the forums on the games site is the paint schemes and pins are not all unlocking while ranking up resulting in no trophies for those two things

i know a lot of people were having issues with the fast laps thats why i posted it. mainly the ones i listed, texas, darlington, indy, and the road courses, being about a second off the pace. i didnt have any issues with the pins or paint schemes unlocking. i read others were though, which is kinda weird. hopefully itll be resolved.

just tried again at watkins glen on a 2 lap race with 42 other players, finished 32. No caution replays focused on me. No body finished any lap under green. Still didn't get it, what am I doing wrong?

hmm, i dont know then. it worked for me on there. did you click on the xbox link in the original post and see the screen shots that were posted with it? it wont show a lap time on the master card, itll show lines through it instead.

Good news , good news fellows :)

You can do this by yourself in Split Screen Mode with 2 controllers.

1) Go to Multi-player mode and choose Split Screen.

2) Have player 2 press start and pick a driver and player 1 does the same.

3) Select Race Now

4) Pick the track you need to get under lap time.

5) Make these settings adjustments

Difficulty: Easy

Opponents: 0

Laps: 2

Tire Wear & Fuel: On

Damage: Off

Caution Flags: On

6) Start race

7) Take controller #2 and press & hold :l2: button at the drop off the green flag and player #2 will go in reverse and bring out the caution.

8) Rinse & Repeat 2 more times to end the race and in the end results you should have player #1 (PRIMARY) win the race and have a lap time of --.--.--

9) Now exit to garage & go into single player mode & select Race Now & go to the track you just boosted by yoruself & double check to see if you got your Star for getting under the required lap time (AND IT SHOULD BE THERE):D

10) Now just reapeat the whole process for the rest of the tracks and you should knock this out in no time at all. After each race from now on use a spreed sheet to check off tracks completed. After you boost each race there is no need to exit to main menu , just simply select a new track from here until all have been done :)

Hope this helps everybody....:)

EDIT #1: There are reports of some short tracks that this trick does not work for , so far 2 of them are Dover & Richmond. If anybody finds that another track will not work by doing this trick please post it & I'll update this post to help others. But be honest & give it a fair chance for the trick to work before posting that it doesn't.

EDIT #2: I went back through every track on a different account for you guys to be sure of what would work & what wouldn't , so this list is my what I've come up with thus far... Imput in still welcomed.

Credit for helping in confriming tracks so far goes to...

1)nascargo19

Tracks this trick will not work on.

1)Dover

2)Richmond (this one is glitchy because I eventually got it to work , not sure how)

3)Bristol Day Track

4)Bristol Night Track

Edited by southurnbuck

^it doesn't seem to work at Dover or Richmond. :( I still got the fast lap time for 11 tracks.

Sorry so late , just got off work...but I'll try on those tracks again to see if I can do it on my other account.

I am glad that it is working for you guys though :) , when I saw this thread I tought this was great , but I kept having trouble wrecking other cars for the caution to come out , so I tought why not Split screen. So I tried it and it worked :D , I'll get back to ya'll with more info soon :)

Edited by southurnbuck

@ nascargo19

Buddy you were right about that:(. I must have already had the lap times beat. before I figured this out in split screen:o. Thanks for letting us know. I guess everyone will just have to go at it the hard way for these 2 tracks.

But thanks for sharing you info on this and that I can confirm this as well.

The reverse caution trick will not work for Dover or Richmond. But so far will work for all others.

If anyone finds another track that this will not work , please let us know...Thanks.

probaby won't work for a few of the other short tracks that I've already gotten (bristol, martinsville ect. ect.)

thanks for helping me with well more then half the tracks I was struggling with. You've just took about half of the amount of work I need to get the platnium away. So thanks again! :D

• 9 months later...

3) Select Race Now

6) Start race

7) Take controller #2 and press & hold :l2: button at the drop off the green flag and player #2 will go in reverse and bring out the caution.

8) Rinse & Repeat 2 more times to end the race and in the end results you should have player #1 (PRIMARY) win the race and have a lap time of --.--.--

9) Now exit to garage & go into single player mode & select Race Now & go to the track you just boosted by yoruself & double check to see if you got your Star for getting under the required lap time (AND IT SHOULD BE THERE):D

10) Now just reapeat the whole process for the rest of the tracks and you should knock this out in no time at all. After each race from now on use a spreed sheet to check off tracks completed. After you boost each race there is no need to exit to main menu , just simply select a new track from here until all have been done :)

EDIT #1: There are reports of some short tracks that this trick does not work for , so far 2 of them are Dover & Richmond. If anybody finds that another track will not work by doing this trick please post it & I'll update this post to help others. But be honest & give it a fair chance for the trick to work before posting that it doesn't.

EDIT #2: I went back through every track on a different account for you guys to be sure of what would work & what wouldn't , so this list is my what I've come up with thus far... Imput in still welcomed.

1)nascargo19

1)Dover

2)Richmond (this one is glitchy because I eventually got it to work , not sure how)

3)Bristol Day Track

4)Bristol Night Track

i did this before and it worked, un fortunatley i forgot to save my data to the cloud, so i have to redo some lap times....watkins glen is one...can you confirm that this trick still works? there has been a couple patches since this discovery was found. i tried this but it ddnt work...but i need some type of confirmation saying this is longer workable.

Update : I did another track, still not working, after the 3rd caution it stops bringing out the cautions, someone please corfirm! :( im all sad now, my lack of saving better not be the reason i lose this plat if this is the case....(hopefully someone knows a tip to do this legit?)

Edited by bbrickson83

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This game sucks big time. Why? Because its frustrating hard. I tried the las vegas lap of 30.00, but after 140 laps i only got 30.03.

Why do they make this shit so hard to get something, if you CAN get it?

This doesnt work, or do i something wrong?

Did as mentioned above, but when i do this, i get 3 caution flags, and the lap goes to 3/4 then 5/6 and then to 7/8. After that you can do what you want, because i dont get a caution flag anymore. So, is this only on xbox ?

Edited by FootballPsycho
Merging. .

• 1 year later...

trying both methods and no luck at all.

3) Select Race Now

6) Start race

1)nascargo19

1)Dover

3)Bristol Day Track

4)Bristol Night Track

this method is not working for me. race wont end under caution.

Edited by FootballPsycho
Merging.