Patch #2 updated info

This is the latest information given about patch #2. These are the fixes that they are currently working on and their status as of 4/18/2011

OK the first quote is the last update given is from 4/8/2011 it is the most recent update they have given us on the patch. It also includes a time frame for the release date!

We will be working on the damage next week, whilst at the same time fixing the remainder of the issues listed above. The patch will then be tested for around a week. The final stage is Certification with Sony and Microsoft. This can take around 1-2 weeks. So week beginning the 9th May could be a realistic release date if everything goes to plan although there are elements beyond our control in this process. We'll keep everyone up to date with developments.

Bugs:

Fix lack of Caution Flags - Fixed

Fix issues with the A.I. exiting the pits and then pulling straight up the track - Fixed

Fix Cautions Lights being illuminated all of the time - Fixed

Improve the PS3 voice comms - Fixed

Fix the instant wrecking during Online Rolling Starts - Fixed

Fix the Lobby Race Start Counter freezing - Fixed

Fix Spotter saying “Clear” too often - Fixed

Truex Jr. & Bill Elliott being corrupt during celebrations - Fixed This may need to be held back until the DLC pack due to the size of the fix. Microsoft limits the size.

Hardcore mode enabled on Xbox 360. PS3 already works - Fixed

Fix Custom Setups working Online - Fixed

Car rolling away during a celebration leaving the driver celebrating in mid-air - Fixed

Pace car lights in single player are on all of the time - Fixed

Issues with the Lucky Dog rule - Fixed

Issues with the Wave Around rule - Fixed

Improve FFB and wheel sensitivity options - Fixed

Slow Down indicator is no longer displayed on Talladega as it's a wide open track - Fixed

Loss of Save - Fixed

Fix the Rolling Starts Online/Offline so the cars begin in the correct formation and together - Work In Progress

Improve general stability and freezing issues - Work In Progress

Spotter says “Clear” when there are cars along side the player -

Fixed

Green White Checker problems - Should read “Caution - 1st Green White Checker” -

Fixed

Improvements:

In Private games, the host will start the timer when they are ready - Added

Add support for the Porsche GT2 wheel (XBox 360) - Added

Allow the HUD to be completely turned off - Added

Ensure only Carl Edwards performs a back flip - Fixed

Add the ability to change your Online Car - Added

Add proximity indicator to split screen - Added

Added Manufacturer Logos and Headlight / Taillight stickers to the Paint Shop- Added

Adding time to the lobby count down when people enter a lobby - Improved

Added a penalty mechanic to slow down the player when cutting corners on the Road Courses - Added

A.I. difficulty being too easy when qualifying - Improved

Added Wheel Control sensitivity option to the XBox 360 - Added

Allow the Rival Icon to be turned off, use In Game options menu - Added

Change the Gas indicator so it defaults to full in the pit stop interface - Added

Add support for the T500 wheel - Added

The sensitivity when using the stick to move / rotate etc. is too high - Improved

Disable rubber banding - Added

Legends Challenge, Only show the closest tag - Improved

When any players are in a race, players in the lobby should see “PLAYERS STILL RACING” where it currently reads “AWAITING OTHER DRIVERS” in the lobby - Improved

Added an Auto Kick system for removing disruptive players, Driving Backward or not Moving, in an online race - Added

A.I. bunching on certain tracks - Improved

Accelerated vinyl projection rendering, slightly faster on Xbox 360, almost twice as fast on PS3 - Improved

Upped custom decal layer count from 50 to 75 - Improved

Non-Supported wheels now have better general compatibility, Thustmaster (All) & Logitech (MoMo & GT Force) - Added

Reconfigure the damage to improve the look and add more debris on impact - Improved

Draft effect both on the car and visual to be tweaked - Work In Progress

Free up the A.I. cars so that when they are hit by a player they will get loose - Work In Progress

Investigating:

A.I. being overly aggressive when bump drafting the player

A.I. pitting problems causing them to collide in to each other

A.I. bunching on certain tracks

A.I. slamming their brakes on for no reason

Hitting the wall often turns the car ending up with the player facing the wrong way

Last update as of 4/15/11

NOTE: We've now submitted Patch #2 for initial testing and we'll update the community with the results as and when we receive them.

Edited by TheMadGeniuz
update 4/18/11

"Ensure only Carl Edwards performs a backflip"

I was wondering why EVERYBODY was doing backflips. Nice to see they got that fixed.

What I would like to see added: Make Tony Stewart climb the fence when he wins.

I also see this is patch #2, have they given us the first one with the new paint schemes and schedual yet?

What I would like to see added: Make Tony Stewart climb the fence when he wins.

I also see this is patch #2, have they given us the first one with the new paint schemes and schedual yet?

Bad thing is Tony stopped doing that! It would be cool but a couple years ago when he won he made the statement "You guys can climb the fence, I'm too old to do that now." and his crew did but he didn't. I've not seen him do I since... I would like to see Kyle Busch take a bow after winning. That would be sweet!

The update for the 2011 season and cars schemes hasn't come out yet. From what I've heard the time they have planned is May so that one will still be a while. Also I don't think it will be an update from the way they've said it, it might be a free DLC you have to get from the PS-Store when it comes out. I don't know for sure though. I guess we will find out! :think:

so he's too old to climb a fence but not too old to drive a racecar at 185mph for 3-4 hours. Oh well, not like he wins that often anyways. No big deal.

so it's DLC instead of a patch? Hopefully it's free. I'll probably still get it if we need to pay. If that's the case it probaby wouldn't be any more then $5.00

so he's too old to climb a fence but not too old to drive a racecar at 185mph for 3-4 hours. Oh well, not like he wins that often anyways. No big deal.

so it's DLC instead of a patch? Hopefully it's free. I'll probably still get it if we need to pay. If that's the case it probaby wouldn't be any more then $5.00

LOL true. He is also not a small dude anymore. Look at him he has gained some weight over the last few years too. :p

They've said it will be free to give the 2011 stuff. So yeah it's should be free. (unless they lied).

oh and by the way there is more info they added I hadn't had a chance to look until this morning and they have given a time frame for this patch.

Edited by TheMadGeniuz

Do you know if anything is being done about paint schemes & pins not un-locking? all i need for plat is the 88 paint schemes & the only one that isn't un-locked is one for leveling & i'm at max lvl.

The only thing that's being worked on as of now is what they have put in whats listed in the first post. So I can't say for sure. I will say I've read people saying as a reminder that some paint schemes and pins are unlocked by mastering tracks. If you haven't done that try it. If you have mastered tracks this I don't know what to tell you. I will keep my eyes and ears open for any info otherwise on this though.

I have updated the list above again for what is possibly the last time. This is why...

Dave from Eutechnyx Dev. Team posted this today

NOTE: We've now submitted Patch #2 for initial testing and we'll update the community with the results as and when we receive them.

hope they fix this soon, these crappy servers are driving me insane, but the races are so fun when everythings working properly

If everything works well on testing the patch and there are no bugs/glitches in the patch, it should only take maybe 2-4 days (Tuesday or Wednesday this week I'm guessing) to get it submitted to Sony and Microsoft for approval. That process will take a week or so for them to verify the patch and make the update live.

So look for the end of the month or first of May we should have it if all goes well.

another bug I've gotten today at Daytona was kinda weird.

I was qualifing and on my first lap going into turns one and two I was staying at the bottom like I usually do. Then my left side tires go on the apron. (happens alot for me, no big deal) My car then randomly front flips into the fence and stopping all within 5 seconds. After that I went on and got the pole on lap 2.

No it wasn't a blowover, it was more like hitting an invisible wall then flipping from it.

This probably isn't something they can fix very easily since that's the only time anything like that has ever happened to me. And as far as I know it hasn't happened to anyone else (has it?)

I was qualifing and on my first lap going into turns one and two I was staying at the bottom like I usually do. Then my left side tires go on the apron. (happens alot for me, no big deal) My car then randomly front flips into the fence and stopping all within 5 seconds. After that I went on and got the pole on lap 2.

No I can't say I've seen that one. I'm bad to drop my tires onto the apron while trying to hold it low too but never lost my car like that. I've not read anything on the NTG boards about that so it may just be some freak glitch that just happened 1 random time. I just wish they would hurry up with the patch I think that would fix a lot of this.

Oh and an update they added 2 more things to the bug fix list the other day.

Spotter says “Clear” when there are cars along side the player -

Fixed

Green White Checker problems - Should read “Caution - 1st Green White Checker” -

Fixed

• 4 weeks later...
anyone know if there is a new patch and a fix for this

For the game? If so the patch was submitted to Sony shortly after the PSN went down so Sony didn't have time or couldn't for that matter test and verify the patch themselves. So now that PSN is back online it can be anywhere from a week to 2 weeks now.

Also on a side note the PS:Store hasn't come back yet target date for it is the 31st this month. The DLC was said to come out in may so I'm guessing it will be ready when the store comes back online and it's possible the patch and DLC will be available on the 31st.

Does this patch fix the game freeze and other major problem to the game?

Well I can't say 100% sure because it's not out just yet, but they were working very hard on this patch to fix the major problems in the game. One of the things listed that they were fixing and they said they finished was "Improve general stability and freezing issues" so that should help the freezing problems everyone has.

Judging by all they have worked on in this patch it should make the game a TON better. This game had a lot of hype and failed miserably and this patch is it's only hope of gaining peoples support back so I think this patch will be well worth the wait.

Should I wait or play something else until they get a patch for the game?

That's up to you. Me I just played the game today for the first time in over a month. like 6 or 7 weeks. I got tired of the freezing myself and decided to get trophies on other things then the PSN went down so I'm still waiting. I'm running out of trophies to get in other games now though so I'm going to suffer through the glitches and bugs to work on the last few trophies for Platinum.

For the game? If so the patch was submitted to Sony shortly after the PSN went down so Sony didn't have time or couldn't for that matter test and verify the patch themselves. So now that PSN is back online it can be anywhere from a week to 2 weeks now.

Also on a side note the PS:Store hasn't come back yet target date for it is the 31st this month. The DLC was said to come out in may so I'm guessing it will be ready when the store comes back online and it's possible the patch and DLC will be available on the 31st.

thx for responding. ill just wait then cause i really like this game. cant wait till they get it fixed

That's up to you. Me I just played the game today for the first time in over a month. like 6 or 7 weeks. I got tired of the freezing myself and decided to get trophies on other things then the PSN went down so I'm still waiting. I'm running out of trophies to get in other games now though so I'm going to suffer through the glitches and bugs to work on the last few trophies for Platinum.

I think I'll play this game because it's been a full week since i last play it.

• 4 weeks later...

The patch hasnt been released for the PS3 or 360 yet.

Everytime we expect the patch release, theres always a

delay in it. They keep saying they found another bug, and delay

the patch.

I was over on their forums a few minutes ago and apparently, the

patch was submitted to Activision and their testing it. No clue of to

when we will finally see this so-called patch.

• 1 month later...