Trophy Difficulty Rating

Rate the trophy difficulty.  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/trophy_70.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.86

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by ShadowAFC

Two, very minimal effort.

3, only because Xevious Ressurection.

You may actually want to achieve 100% before voting on it, since it seems very difficult to get the Xevious Resurrection trophy.

If you were able to get the 12th stamp for Resurrection, there are several of us in the Stamps thread who would love to hear exactly how you did it.

My votes, not counting the 12th XR stamp:

Pac man -- 1/10. Very straightforward. All the trophies are easy to figure out. Make it to board 21, eat all the fruits, and score 2 1600's on one board, and you're good to go.

Dig Dug -- 2/10. The only ones that aren't straightforward are the no-dig and complete-dig stamps. The no-dig one is very easy. The complete-dig is mildly annoying but not too much trouble. I voted 2 only because people wouldn't figure some of these out on their own. There's also the "Crush 4" stamp which might be mildly annoying, but there are videos out there that show you exactly how to do this on level one.

Galaga -- 1/10. Again, very straightforward. Anyone with any experience in Galaga should be able to get these without any trouble.

Dragon Spirit -- 4/10. Most of them involve collecting random power-ups that you'll get through the course of normal play. However, unless you randomly just happen to pick up the mini and wide powerups, you probably won't figure out "Small and Wide" on your own. Maxing out can be a significant pain as well if you're inexperienced, and there's no way a casual player is going to figure out "Endurance"

Xevious: 5/10. The first 10 aren't all that bad, and you should get them all through the course of normal play. "Full Destruction", however, can be quite annoying especially when you've got those little bomb things randomly appearing and firing at you from all directions. Plus, the ship flies off after a minute or two, so you don't have a hell of a lot of time. And then there's that damned tank. It looks just like every other tank in the game, and you'd never know to hit it if you didn't know specifically what you're looking for. Plus, it moves very quickly, and you're taking a metric fuckton of fire from almost all sides. IMO, I'm not sure if hitting this grobda requires more skill or just luck.

EDIT: I'd rate Xevious Resurrection a 4/10. Most of the stamps can be obtained by going through story mode on easy. However, even on easy, actually killing the level 12 boss can be a pain in the ass, as he just files away after a couple of minutes. And if you don't kill him in time, it boots you to area 13, which means you have to restart the game and fight your way all the way back to level 12. And having to start XR up, start a game, exit XR, and restart 50 times to get the "Free Play" stamp is tedious and boring.

Overall, I'm going to give this a 4/10.

Edited by The-Man-In-Black

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I gave this an 8 because of Dragon Spirit. It's ridiculously difficult to even get through stage two!

I am also having problems getting the play Xevious Res 50 times, even though I have played it well over that (some server error message came up at one point, probably costing me that stamp.) The rest are all easy with a little bit of practice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I voted a 9 on this POS. I grew up playing these games, and getting 100% is just insane. For those ppl who voted less than 7, I guess they just got lucky...And by lucky, I mean several of the hardest stamps in this game are random. I think Grobda took me about 2 hrs just to get. I used to rock at Xevious back in the day, but these stamps will tax your abilities...and don't get me started on XResurrection. No area select guarantees no 100% for me. And Dragon Spirit? Hell I haven't even seen 2 of the power ups yet, much less get small and wide or Maximum.

You want to go for high scores, let's go, but random things to earn stamps? F**K this! ;) Pac-man, Galaga, Dig-Dug, 1/10, Xevious, 7/10, the others 9/10...The only thing good about this is it did make me an even better Xevious player. Although it did piss me off to where I don't think I ever want to play it again. :p

Also, just to add, I still love Pac-man, Dig-Dug, Galaga, and Xevious! The others, I would like to punch the developers in the face (not the original developers, the guys who chose the stamps/trophies). :)

Edited by robg69

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

This game is another fine example of how people are absolutely up their own asses. Xevious Resurrection was hard and Pac-Man was easy??? You're a fucking moron if you believe this.

Also, I think people seem to confuse the purpose of "Trophy Difficulty" votes... Getting a single bronze may indeed be a cake-walk, and for the Namco Museum Essentials, it is. Every Bronze is very simple, as they should be. However, while the game's only Gold is PATHETICALLY easy to obtain (I can only fathom that all the whiners about XR are either people who didn't know what to do during the first days, and all the rest are simply mimicking them out of ignorance), which might bring down the average difficulty vote, the BULK of the trophies, it's equal number of Silvers to Bronze, are HORRIFICALLY difficult!

Xevious is very forgiving. Dig Dug is an easy game all on its own, so the Stamps are simple to collect. But Galaga, while not an overly infuriatingly-difficulty game, has VERY demanding Stamps. Dragon Spirit is a fairly simple game, but the prerequisites for its Stamps are OUTRAGEOUSLY challenging. Lastly, Pac-Man is a simple yet rather challenging game, and overall its Stamps are easy to obtain, too. However, 1 or 2 (as with all the rest) are very, Very, VERY hard! Because enough challenges prevent a substantial number of the trophies from being easily obtainable, that means as a whole this game's "Trophy Difficulty" should sit at "Hard". No less.

I gave it a 10, because so far the Essentials and PAIN are the only 2 PSN downloadable non-Platinum games in my ENTIRE collection that have proven resistance to completing. A small percentage is hard, but that small percentage makes up 99% of your gameplay on this title.