Does anyone play this game still?

I'm still trying to get 100% on this title, sometimes turn it on and trying.

All that left to get are 3 stamps in Xevious. And im struggling. I really suck at this game. Had a hard time to get through lvl 14 to reach 16.

I know all tips from this forum but still having trouble with 500 kills, 100 ground kills and grobda.

oh and BTW one point. In Xevious to get stamp for area 4, 8 and 16 you need to finish this lvl (reach begining of next one).

any more advice anyone?

I'm in relatively the same boat as you. Granted, I find the Xevious titles are THE easiest in the whole selection.. barring aside Dig Dug, that is.

If I were to try from scratch on this title, on a new account, I'd get the Bronze and Silver in Dig Dug first, then the Gold in XR, and the Bronze and Silver of Xevious, next. Leaving me in exactly the same spot I'm at, now. I need 1 or 2 stamps in EACH of Pac-Man, Dragon Spirit, and Galaga. I'd gladly trade tips if you had any I could benefit from.

I love side-scrollers, so PERHAPS that colored my perception of Xevious, but honestly, no part of it gave me any trouble, except killing the boss at the end of 4. Even the much-dreaded fast-moving tanks were downed the FIRST time I encountered them. So I just do not share the same frustration over Xevious as the bulk of other players do. I genuinely don't understand where there's any difficulty. I personally just followed the guide, worked toward each individual Stamps, and in a few hours I was done with Xevious! O.o

But "1600x2" in Pac-Man, "Perfect" in Galaga, and both "Maximum" and "Small and Wide" in Dragon Spirit have proven to be everlasting, ongoing challenges for me. Quite possibly I'm just not being patient enough for the first two, but I've DEFINITELY dedicated plenty of time towards the latter 2 in Dragon Spirit, and that game just has no limits to its frustrating moments.

Edited by SnapGW

I decided yesterday to try and finish getting 100% on this after not playing it for some time.

I need the 2 trophies in Xevious and the gold trophy in Xevious Res.

Im not sure if something is wrong or not though. Ive made it to level 16 (although I havent beat it yet because I just got back into it) in Xevious, but I still havent had either of the Area 8 or Area 16 stamps to pop up yet. Is something wrong here?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i have some advice for you SnapGW.

for Pac-Man 1600x2 make it on very first lvl, the best method that worked for me was

just making my way to corner with big dot and wait till all 4 ghosts come close enough (wait at dot since one of the ghosts is almost touching you) to not run after them long.

And ofc you have to do this twice in one round, so just practice, its not bad.

For Galaga perfect just make it to second bonus stage (i think its easier than first one) which is after lvl 7 if i remember properly. Try to get dual fighter during lvl 7 and then perfect in bonus stage is just a breeze.

For dragon spirit trophies...

I did maximum on second lvl, during whole lever there is enough orbs to make you maximized (also you start with 2 heads so its easier) took few tries but wasnt that bad.

Small and Wide... as guide says. lvl 4 and farming porcupines. When i missed one of porcupines i was flying further a bit and there is flying glowing phoenix which also has a chance for one of buffs. took me much time to farm this one.

I hope you will give me some tips for Xevious in exchange :D

Edited by Teravius

Thanks for the reply. I guess my post was in need of updating, cause I managed 1600x2 since I posted it. And yes, it was by replaying the first level. =)

When I was re-doing Galaga, I noticed the second bonus stage was incredibly easy, as well! I haven't worked on this title for a while because I was focusing on the Soldner-X games (grueling difficulty), but I'll try those tips when I get around to them. I'm still dreading Dragon Spirit.....

I'd be happy to provide tips for either Xevious game, but like I said to begin with, I'd need specifics. I replayed both games to get 100% stamps for the points and they took extremely little effort; so to me, those are really, really easy. I'd just need to know what issues you're having with them, and I could offer you some advice that might help.

Hehe, to be honest the reason i bought this collection was Galaga. I love this game since NES.

It was first game in this set i had silver trophy ;)

about xevious...

i dont know what i'm doing wrong. I always get shot from some bullet, sometimes i have really great badluck. As i said before i need 500 air and 100 ground enemies kills.

(i've managed to defeat grobda tank at last today!)

for kill stamps should i start on lvl first or maybe other one?

some mysterious techniques?

any tips are welcome :)

Edited by Teravius

• 2 weeks later...
about xevious...

i dont know what i'm doing wrong. I always get shot from some bullet, sometimes i have really great badluck. As i said before i need 500 air and 100 ground enemies kills.

(i've managed to defeat grobda tank at last today!)

for kill stamps should i start on lvl first or maybe other one?

some mysterious techniques?

any tips are welcome :)

Okay, the only "mysterious technique" I can suggest, and what I did for the kill stamps, was this:

Concentrate on each stamp in a separate game! Attempting to work on both at the same time, although perhaps very do-able, makes them both a lot harder than they need to be!

For instance if you're going for the air kills just put the ground targets out of your mind for that game, with the exception of the areas that have the clusters of turrets that spit out lots of bullets; in which case just take them out quickly and get back to focussing on air enemies. And vice-versa for your ground enemies game. This is how I got those two stamps and it made them easy, as trying to do them in the same game made my left thumb work overtime!!

Oh yeah, for both stamps I started from Area 1. And also, don't forget to max out your lives in the game options ;)

Hope that helps! Good luck :D

• 2 years later...