How to get the Small and Wide and Free Play Stamps

The small and wide is the one stamp besides free play that took forever to get. The best way I found to get it was go to level 2 (lava level) and play until you get to the second group of red winged fire birds (the ones that fly together in a line). The last one of the group always drops a power up. First get to the second time where you see them in the level. It'll be after you encounter the two blue things that hide behind the fireballs. Kill the last bird and get the power up. If it's not the wide power up kill yourself and you'll start again at the checkpoint. Once you get the wide power up play through until the end of the level and right before the last boss there is another blue thing that drops a power up. I see it had a 50% small power up drop rate and I got the small and wide stamp on my third try of killing the blue thing hiding behind the rocks on after already having the wide power up.

For the free play stamp. Its the stupidest one besides the one above. What you have to do to get this is enter the xevious resurrection game menu via the main menu play a game (do expert difficultly, the story mode game, with one life to make it go faster) and play a game. Lose and you go to the game menu. Now exit out to the main menu. Then go back in to the game menu, play another game, exit out again, go back in again, and continue to repeat his process until you have done it 50 times. After that the free play stamp will be unlocked.

Then after you get those you can celebrate and :dance: considering they are the most annoying and time consuming in my opinion.

Edited by dragonmaster256

• 3 months later...

I made small and wide in fourth lvl as guide says it was just time consuming and irritating. About Free play, you do not need to open other game. Just quit xevious ressurection to namco main menu and go back to xevious res menu to play story mode, die and back to namco menu again. Repetable, boring but very payable, because of unlimited continues which makes game lot easier.