Platinum not obtainable if you rent it

Zooyork26

after searching a lot might i add you have to get the free DLC code that comes with the game and obviously renting it gives you no book what a crock of shit!!!! :mad: why the fuck would they include DLC in the platinum.... what a fuckin joke... all this work i did beating everything just have online left and i cant get my platinum unless i buy the game that im done with :2walls::chair:

after searching a lot might i add you have to get the free DLC code that comes with the game and obviously renting it gives you no book what a crock of shit!!!! :mad: why the fuck would they include DLC in the platinum.... what a fuckin joke... all this work i did beating everything just have online left and i cant get my platinum unless i buy the game that im done with :2walls::chair:

can u prove this somehow, cuz DLC trophies have NEVER been required to get platinum.

even if it's launch DLC.

can u prove this somehow, cuz DLC trophies have NEVER been required to get platinum.

even if it's launch DLC.

i know thats why i cant believe it either

- is new to the board -

Default Re: [PS3] Trophy: Wer ist jetzt der Beste?

Sorry about this but i do not speak german but my friend managed to speak to one of the guys over at true achievements to say how he unlocked the achievement on the xbox version. This was his reply...

"i was in the same boat as you then to reach 70 i used the DLC detonator track pack. (i got it for free cause i pre ordered the game) i won those 4 new tracks in all modes: race, stunts, race + infinite boost and + free race online.

when you go to statistics you should see a time set for each game mode on those track, do all missing races and you should get the achievement"

Problem being, if this is the way around this i dont have a chance of getting it as the DLC has never been released in the uk... and knowing my luck never will

i think yur confused, DLC never has been required for platinum in any game, and I don't think they're gonna start now. Just cuz it came at launch doesn't mean it's required.

and achievements work different than trophies.

im not confused im telling you what the guys on 360 said and repeating it... i know DLC has never counted but then im stuck at 42/70 races completed... i know once PSN gets online i can do online free races which will bump it to 56.... but im 14 short so this trophy then is most likely broken therefore the plat isnt possible atm:(

http://www.trueachievements.com/a71417/and-whos-the-best-achievement.htm

Edited by Zooyork26

im not confused im telling you what the guys on 360 said and repeating it... i know DLC has never counted but then im stuck at 42/70 races completed... i know once PSN gets online i can do online free races which will bump it to 56.... but im 14 short so this trophy then is most likely broken therefore the plat isnt possible atm:(

And who's the best? Achievement in nail'd

Hey guys, ZooYork is actually correct. Without the DLC, there is absoulutely no way to platinum this game.

To get the trophy it says you have to win 70 events.

There are only 14 tracks and 3 game modes (42 events)

With DLC you get 4 extra tracks and 1 extra game mode (72 events)

DLC is required for PLAT.

Hey guys, ZooYork is actually correct. Without the DLC, there is absoulutely no way to platinum this game.

To get the trophy it says you have to win 70 events.

There are only 14 tracks and 3 game modes (42 events)

With DLC you get 4 extra tracks and 1 extra game mode (72 events)

DLC is required for PLAT.

thats just absurd :boom:

even if it's launch DLC.

I am about 95% sure that Fallout 3 & Borderlands needs the DLC to platinum as well.

The difference is weather the symbol for the trophy has a "+" next to it.

In Fallout3 and Borderlands all the DLC dont have the plus, making it look like it is part of the game. Games like Mafia 2 and Uncharted 2 on the other hand have the plus so you can get platinum without DLC (or in Uncharted's case Online Trophies.)

I wish more games were like Uncharted and don't make online trophies necessary to Platinum.

I am about 95% sure that Fallout 3 & Borderlands needs the DLC to platinum as well.

Nope, I'm 100% sure you don't need the DLC to platinum either one of those games, some of the older games with DLC FO3, Borderlands, Burnout, etc. are old so they didn't have the "+" thingy to show they were DLC trophies, those "+" trophies didn't happen till one of the firmware patches can't remember which 3.65 or something, but if you look at the older games none will have those "+" trophies added they're blended in with the other trophies, but they're always at the bottom....

at OP kinda sucks you need the code to access all the features of the online portion, even if Europe never gets the DLC, you could just buy and download the US DLC by making a US account, but you would also need a US copy of the game since DLC is region coded

The difference is weather the symbol for the trophy has a "+" next to it.

In Fallout3 and Borderlands all the DLC dont have the plus, making it look like it is part of the game. Games like Mafia 2 and Uncharted 2 on the other hand have the plus so you can get platinum without DLC (or in Uncharted's case Online Trophies.)

I wish more games were like Uncharted and don't make online trophies necessary to Platinum.

Neither reqs dlc for platinum.

You definitely need the DLC for platinum. I've just finished all the offline trophies (gold medals in tournament all developer time's etc), and i still haven't got the "every race" trophy.

Pity PSN is down still :( 'Tis an enjoyable if somewhat repetitive game.

Are the offline things hard? Is the DLC free? I have MSPR and the festival (story) and developer times are hell! I am looking for a save for it.

Anyway, I want to buy this game and be the first (or one of the first) to platinum it! BTW does anyone in the world have it though?

Are the offline things hard? Is the DLC free? I have MSPR and the festival (story) and developer times are hell! I am looking for a save for it.

Anyway, I want to buy this game and be the first (or one of the first) to platinum it! BTW does anyone in the world have it though?

1st off wtf you mean you want to find a save for RIFT??? you cant use other ppls saves to gain your own trophies thats a huge no no... saves are locked to your username anyways...besides them ghosts are a joke... nailed ghosts are wayyyyyyyyyy harder then them so good luck with that.. you wouldnt be the 1st as you need at least 6 ppl for one of the online trophies so all 6 most likely would get it... ppl on 360 have it but noone on ps3 has it cause i believe its not possible as its broken

Quote:

Originally Posted by a3069namebke View Post

Which trophy? Thanks for warning me

its called something like whos the best? .... with the ? mark as well... you need 72 races completed... after the single player you will have 42... when the online is back you will have 56... but theres 14 races missing and nobody seems to know how or what races make the 72... im guessing the ghosts are suppose to add up but dont... the nailed official forums are dead and the devs abandoned the game it seems so we will never find out most likely.... everyone on gamercards are missing that trophy and are stuck