Fish Not Breeding, Breeding Master Help

poetic_justice_

"Those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate. They just walk around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer giraffes. I want my money back."

- Proximo, Gladiator (2000)

If you feel the same way about the fish in this game, you are not alone.

So I followed the trophy guide – not 100%, but pretty close – and only had 7 fish breedings despite 3 years of advancements over 7 different sessions. I was bamboozled. Three hours had passed, and I was being outsmarted by artificial fish.

I broke from the guide at this point and started over. I refused to delete my saved data and lose the 7 breedings I had, so I remade all six aquariums a second time with nothing inside. “Forget it! No predators in three of the tanks. Just guppies.”

I guess guppies are the bunnies of the fish world. In one large aquarium I had 18-20 red guppies, and in another tank I had 18-20 blue guppies. I fed them both types of food (no earthworms) and fastforwarded my system clock 7 days.

Jackpot. The red guppies had 11 breedings, and the blue guppies had 11 breedings. They would have had more, I think, but their offspring filled the tank and there was no more room. The other four tanks had 0 offspring.

One important thing I learned is that there is an animation cap. Each tank will only show three animations per visit. If ten things happened in that tank during the “week/month/year” since your last viewing of that tank, you will have to view that tank a total of four times in order to see all ten events. So as others have said, keep cycling through your tank views to make sure you have seen everything that occurred.

With the eleven births per tank, I had to visit each tank four times to see all eleven animations. Why they set it up like that is beyond me, but at least I have the trophy.

After the magic guppy “week” I fast forwarded eleven months. Three unlocks popped: a white fish, Bomberman, a seahorse. Then the gold trophy popped. I had no more breedings, just fish eaten in the mixed tanks.

By my final count, I had at least three eatings to one breeding. This “game” is kind to some and cruel to others, but guppies were kind to me. As for the blasted virtual Tetra fish that refused to breed, I hope they are virtually extinct within the year.

Edited by poetic_justice_