Platinum Difficulty Rating

funkyweed

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

NOTE: Due to the server closure, the platinum for this game is no longer attainable

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.92

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

I give this game a 3. Nothing difficult about it at all. You can play the entire game on beginner difficulty and win by a good 10 seconds every race at least. Only one trophy requires you to finish a race on all-pro. The only tough part like emig647 said is going to be the winning a race with 11 other players. Dirt 2 all over again.

geiger12, turns out the trophy that is taking me the longest... is the winning 25 places online. Usually places you in a room of 11 other people. It's crazy when you gotta go into the first corner with 11 other players. I still haven't figured out if private matches count. I dont' think they do. I know I'm close to the 25, just have no idea how much.

Congrats again Johnnynipps. We must have tried that victor trophy for a good 7 hours! and emig647 try the mini games if your going for the 25 wins. I found those to be very easy and theres usually only like 2-3 people tops in the lobby. And I have heard that private matches do not count. I'm still one damn trophy away from the platinum. I think when it's said and done my plat diff just might go up a few notches.

I got the 25 wins last night... I just need the tag game and I'm good to go. :) I can't believe you guys got 25 wins... but I completely forgot about the mini games and all the other stuff. I did mine in the Nationals on playlist mode, usually against 10 or 11 guys. It took me about 40 races to do it, but I got it.

Edited by emig647

Yeah I'm definately changing the plat diff from a 3 to a 5 based on the victor trophy alone. It would be much easier if you could have the options of creating a room and inviting your friends to it. The only way to try and boost this is to get 12 people together in a chat room and on cue all join a match at the same time and just hope you all get in. It took a total of 11 hours just for that one damn trophy!

• 2 weeks later...

In all honesty this should be a 2..(i mean all pro is as easy as am. and online people suck.. ive met 1 guy that gave me a run and beat me becuz thought i had a bigger gap and didnt scrub a double b4 the finish on sugar ridge... im actually disappointed on the skill of the players ive played so far on ps3... atleast on 360 its a battle from 1st to 4th....) but seeing as that would be disgracing the game ill give it a 3..

In all honesty this should be a 2..(i mean all pro is as easy as am. and online people suck.. ive met 1 guy that gave me a run and beat me becuz thought i had a bigger gap and didnt scrub a double b4 the finish on sugar ridge... im actually disappointed on the skill of the players ive played so far on ps3... atleast on 360 its a battle from 1st to 4th....) but seeing as that would be disgracing the game ill give it a 3..

Play me and hilly517 :)

Private matches are the only way to go. Playlist matches suck so a lot of people started concentrating on private. There are about 6 of us that play together, it's always a fight to the finish. But we're all motocrossers though.

BTW I agree, it should be a 2. But battling the bugs in the online and having no way to boost 25 wins makes it slightly difficult. I think this is the second easiest plat I've got... dirt 2 being the first.

Edited by emig647

I voted a 2. This platinum is easy. I got the 'To the Victor' trophy without even knowing. The match began with 12 people but everyone left the game and I was the only one remaining. I automatically won and got the trophy. Also, I found the easiest way to get 25 wins was to play mini games.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I gave it an 4. The place 1st in any race on all-time difficulty is not that hard if you do this once you got the hang of it.

If you think the motor career is to hard you can play on an easy difficulty. I thought that some of the freestyle trophies where a bit harder, but still when you set the difficulty to lowest it is not that hard.

Only thing making it a bit hard is the online trophies.

• 1 month later...

i gave it a 3...

i got only stuck with "to the victor" but there arent any boosters left...no one wants to put a little effort in some boostin and getting the trophy without boostin is an "alldaytime" job....usually no 11/12 racers and if there are that many....theres usually at least one better than me :mad:

the rest aint a problem...

edit: just ben doin some random nationals without pushing myself and suddenly i had to the victor...never thought this will happen that fast without boostin...but i guess i was just lucky.

Edited by MX-Lampi

• 5 months later...

Difficulty on this one is way overrated imho, voted 2. To the victor... isnt hard but the boosting is pain in the ass to organize, so the platinum is more frustrating than it is challenging. Every single player trophy is easy and so are the online ones, if you dont boost To the victor... game could be close to 10 though as it is very rare to see 12 player races and they always have few players that are near impossible to beat.

Difficulty on this one is way overrated imho, voted 2. To the victor... isnt hard but the boosting is pain in the ass to organize, so the platinum is more frustrating than it is challenging. Every single player trophy is easy and so are the online ones, if you dont boost To the victor... game could be close to 10 though as it is very rare to see 12 player races and they always have few players that are near impossible to beat.

Totally agree. To the victor held me up for 6 months but after many attempts to boost it finally got it done and my plat. I rated it a 3.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Definitely a 4. There are a few Motocross races that may be a little frustrating, but they are not impossible to win. The only trophy that is hard is the "To The Victor..." trophy, like most others have already mentioned. Getting into an 11-man lobby is literally impossible now and only racing is very competitive to begin with. The only way to get this trophy now is through boosting, and even that is hard to set-up.