Survival Mode

Rin-1000014-

I really, really never want to do this again...

My final team was;

Orochi

Zhen Ji

Lu Bu.

I found that levels 20-30 were most challenging; after 30 the walls break really easily and with these characters its easy to line up a ring out.

I had moderate luck with Zhao Yun before too, and Shin Orochi can be useful to drain the musou bar.

Zhen Ji has 2 useful R1 moves.

I really, really never want to do this again...

My final team was;

Orochi

Zhen Ji

Lu Bu.

I found that levels 20-30 were most challenging; after 30 the walls break really easily and with these characters its easy to line up a ring out.

I had moderate luck with Zhao Yun before too, and Shin Orochi can be useful to drain the musou bar.

Zhen Ji has 2 useful R1 moves.

Yeah, I had heard that Zhen Ji and Orochi were the way to go, but I still got skunked around level 25. I'll give it another try, though. Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...

I haven't unlocked all characters, so I can't vouch for the usefulness of Orochi, Shin Orochi, etc. but I found this setup on the Japanese wiki:

Lu Bu

Mitsunari Ishida

Sanzhang

It suggests starting off with Lu Bu's C1, knocking the opponent away. Quickly switch to Ishida and blast away with C1-2. The blasts will break the wall and throw the opponent out of the ring.

Sanzhang serves as a support character; if the opponent gets too close to Ishida use her support action, because it slows the opponent down, giving you time to get away and start firing again.

I tried this strategy; cheap and works well but I only got to 22 (I messed up, I was switching to Sanzhang instead of using the support action). If I did it right the only negative I can see is if the opponent starts off with a musou attack. I'll try it again later, but you can try it and see if you get better results.

Edited by TheMaxRebo

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to say, I did this last night. I had tried it with various people before I unlocked everyone and never got past 22, but once I had my choice of people, it was cake. I got to 56 before deciding it was too boring to continue.

Lu Bu is all you need. Anyone else is just people you can have fun with, but they have to have their own strong moves. Start with Lu Bu's C1, which knocks them away (unless they jump to the side or start with musou). If you do it again, you have a chance of knocking them to the wall, then the stomp at the end can break the wall and knock them away. If they tech in the air, the C1 may still catch, but you could also do a C6 which can carry them through the air straight into the wall, break the wall, and knock them out.

I have a whole list of choices of what to do in each situation, but spamming C1 can work.

My team was Lu Bu, Honda (C3 is ALL you need, if it gets blocked, switch him out), and Orochi (not that great for this since he moves around alot and doesn't hit around himself well, but the last hit of his C3 can catch them in the air and knock them out).

I personally used Orochi, Shin Orochi, and Lu Bu. I would typically start off a battle with Orochi's musou to get some space or Lu Bu's C1 or musou if Orochi's musou was used up. Then switch to Shin Orochi and fire C1 beams to ensure I wouldn't have to deal with a musou or a special attack like Xiahou Yuan's one hit kill arrow special. After the enemy is stunned by the C1, use Shin Orochi's jump charge to bounce the enemy off the wall to break it. C1 to stun, strafe to position yourself properly (it's important to line up your attacks when you don't have much of the wall broken), and jump charge again to knock them out. Got up to 60 before letting the enemy kill me.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I've been a fan of the series for a long time, but I never knew the naming system for the movesets.

I always would describe the moves I used by the number of light/heavy hits.... I have no idea what a C1 or R1 is... is C1 <light><heavy>, C2 <light><light><heavy>?

I think that people mean C1 to be the first charge attack (so I guess just heavy). C2 is light-heavy, up through C6. I use the controller key names usually.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...