Musou Orochi 2 (Warriors Orochi 3) announced!

Wolfbane

Since there isn't a thread for this game I guess i'll post this here.

On the first of October 2011 Koei announced the next Warriors Orochi game. I'll post all the new info here like I did for DW7XL. All info from Koei Warriors.

KOEI Warriors - A site for KOEI Information. A community for every Warrior.

Official japanese site ??OROCHI? ?????

Consoles: PlayStation 3, Xbox360

Release date: December 22, 2011 (JP)

New Characters

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5363/kaguyamo2.jpg

Kaguya

The moon princess from a Japanese folktale 'Tale of the Bamboo Cutter'

Weapon: Tree branches and mirrors

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/dynastywarriors/images/a/ae/Shuten_Doji_-_WO3.jpg

Shuten-doji

Ruler of the Oni

Weapon: Giant gourd

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1907/rxhl7.jpg

Nata (Nezha)

A heavenly general who fought the Monkey King, Sun Wukong. They later became friends.

Weapon: Beam Rings

http://i.imgur.com/3A1Fd.jpg

Susanoo *NEW*

Leader of the Mystic forces

Guest Characters

http://i.imgur.com/mTY40.jpg

Ryu Hayabusa *NEW*

Ninja Gaiden

Weapon: Dragon Sword

Dragged into the distortion when chasing an evil presence

Anegawa stage has Modern Japan parts added

Joan of Arc *NEW*

Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War

Weapon: Spear

Dragged into the distortion when trying to save a unit that gets dragged there

Mt. Dingjun stage has Medieval European fortress added

Achilles *NEW*

Warriors: Legends of Troy

Weapon: Xiphos

Dragged into the distortion when being pelted by arrows during the Trojan war

Nanzhong stage has Greek buildings added

More guest characters

http://img2081.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/20111116/20/6448089620111116205023064.jpg

Left: Ayane *NEW*

Dead or Alive

Weapon: Fuma Kodachi

Dragged into the distortion when chasing a fugitive ninja after the end of 4th DOA tournament

Hasedou stage has modern beach resort

Right: Nemea *NEW*

Zill O'll

Weapon: Lanca

After defeating Demon King Balor he keeps fighting evil forces even after dragged to the distortion

Kyushu stage has mystical landscape (based on Trinity's Ancient Forest dungeon)

Adding all the Characters from DW7, SW3 and MOZ and the 9 new characters we have 129 characters in total. Gyuki an Dodomeki have been confirmed as bonus characters (Making 131 characters in total) however because they are bonus characters they are not included in the official character total so its still considered as 129 characters. Orochi X's status is still unknown at this point he may be added as a bonus character or be fused with the original Orochi.

Returning Charaters

■there will be more than 120 playable characters

■characters from DW7 & SW3 will appear in the game

■there will be a number of brand-new characters specifically for MO2/WO3

■there will be also characters from non-Musou series appearing

■Pang De, Guo Jia and Wang Yi are confirmed to be in the game

■Fukushima Masanori, Aya Gozen and Gracia from Samurai Warriors 3 Z/Xtreme Legends

■Da Ji, Nu Wa, Fu Xi and Taigong Wang have been confirmed. Please note that Famitsu had mentioned WO exclusive characters will return but they didn't mention if all or any specific amount

Gameplay

■3-character tag team from previous WO games will return

■2 players splitscreen co-op

■new actions are added like the co-operational attack "True Combination Skill" and "Switch Combo" which launches continuous attack

■characters will be put into categories. SPEED and POWER are confirmed.

■there is a new attack category called WONDER

■Wonder has the ability to counter attack and then deal critical attacks from there (this ability consumes Musou gauge)

■new Actions include: (available for every characters)

■Dash Chain - smooth transition from dash attack to normal/charge attack

■Break Guard - press square before enemy attack hits will activate counter attack that blow enemies away

■Support Attack - Returning action from WO2. Here it has a chance of happening which gets higher the better the relations between those characters are *NEW*

■Switch Combo - Time the switch with an attack to activate. It consumes Musou gauge *NEW*

■True Combination Attack - When Combination gauge is filled up, press R2+L2 to activate. When True Combination Attack (TCA) is activated, the other characters will also appear and attack the enemy. Character switch during TCA is also possible. All enemies beaten with TCA will definitely drop items. TCA finishes with a huge explosion *NEW*

Storyline/Game Progression

■the story begins with a decisive battle against a multi-headed serpent 'Youja'

■the giant Phantom Serpent, Youja, as well as the re-appearance of Taira no Kiyomori brought chaos back to the peaceful world

■this serpent seems to be impossible to beat, but the moon princess Kaguya appears and uses her time travel ability to send the last remaining generals, Sima Zhao, Ma Chao and Takenaka Hanbei head back to the past to rescue their fallen comrades

■themes of the story: Frienship, Romance, Loyalty and Betrayal

■character bond system is introduced. Character bonds can be increased by talking and holding banquets

■there is a weapon shop and a restaurant. Banquets are held in the restaurant

■story changes depending on the bonds between characters

■bonds between characters can be increased by having them in a team *NEW*

■by increasing bonds more things are unlocked, such as the True Combination Attack, new stages and quote changes *NEW*

Game Mode

■brand new scenario-customizing "Musou Battlefield" mode. Players can customize existing scenarios, share and rate them online

Official Japanese PV

Japanese PV 2

Japanese PV 3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbOGHDwZ710]『無å?ŒOROCHIï¼’ã€? プãƒ*モーションãƒ*ービー3 - YouTube[/ame]

So far no overseas release has been announced but it being released for the XB360 in Japan hints at an overseas release because the 360 isn't popular in Japan (Why DW7 was PS3 exclusive in Japan) so making a 360 port wouldn't make much sense unless it was coming overseas.

Edited by Wolfbane

The second PV is out (link at the bottom of the first post) It confirms that more WO-original characters (like Sun Wukong & Himiko) as well as the DW7XL & SW3Z/XL cut characters (Zuo Ci, Ishikawa Goemon, Miyamoto Musashi, Sasaki Kojiro) are also returning here (So we have 126 confirmed characters).

It also shows some of the create-a-senario mode (CAS) features and the movesets for the new characters.

Edited by Wolfbane

• 2 weeks later...

I've edited the first post with the two new guest characters Ayane representing DOA and Nemea from Zill O'll. The current character total is 128 and as koei said there would be 120+ there could be one more character.

http://img2081.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/20111116/20/6448089620111116205617037.jpg

Also in this scan you can see a picture that contains San Zang, Goemon and you can see that Xu Huang has been decloned with the DW7 DLC great axe. Pang De has received the DLC wolf club (Xiahou Dun DW6 weapon) and it is rumoured that Yue Ying has been seen with the DLC dagger axe and Dong Zhuo with the DLC bombs in the first PV. With these declones it also makes Lu Meng, Zhou Yu and Cao Ren decloned and Zhang Liao re-decloned since Pang De got the twin axes in DW7XL. It's unknown who will get the short ji DLC weapon at the moment or if it'll even be given to someone.

Edited by Wolfbane

• 2 weeks later...

I've added a scan of the newest character Susanoo to the first post. I'll add a better scan and the new info when it becomes available. But known info is that in japanese mythology he is the man responsible for killing Orochi. With his inclusion we now have 129 characters.

The Famitsu scan also apparently includes info on the CAS mode (Create-a-senario), the bond system and the guest characters movesets and abillities (Like I said i'll add that info when it becomes available).

Edit: I've added a CG of Susanoo.

Edited by Wolfbane

Yeah I'm looking forward to this. I have the Treasure Box edition preordered. The bonuses look pretty crappy though... calendar (mix and match characters on month and day), original DLC weapon for Ma Chao, soundtrack. Oh well. Mostly I just want the Da Ji santa costume that comes with the first printing of the game.

I recently got my hands on DW Strikeforce, I have Warriors Legends of Troy coming soon, and now this. I'm gonna be so burned out on DW stuff but it's gonna be awesome.

I've added a scan of the newest character Susanoo to the first post. I'll add a better scan and the new info when it becomes available. But known info is that in japanese mythology he is the man responsible for killing Orochi. With his inclusion we now have 129 characters.

The Famitsu scan also apparently includes info on the CAS mode (Create-a-senario), the bond system and the guest characters movesets and abillities (Like I said i'll add that info when it becomes available).

Edit: I've added a CG of Susanoo.

A bit more about Susano-o. He was a son of Izanagi and Izanami, if memory serves; he might have even killed Izanami. He was also one of the character's persona in Persona 4.

A bit more about Susano-o. He was a son of Izanagi and Izanami, if memory serves; he might have even killed Izanami. He was also one of the character's persona in Persona 4.

I know there's alot more to him than what I said I just figured the fact he killed Orochi was the most important thing.

Also i've added the new Japanese PV 3 to the first post. It's basically an extended PV 2 but it includes gameplay from Ayane, Jeanne D'Arc, Achilles and Nemea (Who uses an edited version of the DW7 DLC Short Ji moveset). As well as some more CAS gameplay (Which, during the Okuni bit, shows a wolf talking without speech which hints at a recent rumour that in CAS we can type in our own dialogue). Susanoo isn't included in the PV because the PV was out before he was revealed but the PV was only just uploaded.

Also another thing in the triple attack bit with Nu Wa, Sakon Shima and Cao Pi. Although Cao Pi's stance at the end of it has both his swords in one hand (Similar to his DW5 weapon) he hasn't been decloned he still has his DW7 weapon. However according to people that have played the in-store japanese demo some characters (Such as Ma Chao, Sima Shi and Huang Gai) have different charge attacks while one character keeps the same charge attacks from DW7.

Also Dodomeki and Gyuki are confirmed as playable bonus characters but are not included in the character total so we still have 129 characters + 2 bonus characters. Orochi X's status is still unknown.

Edited by Wolfbane

• 2 weeks later...