Do You Buy Music?

Mendel

Do You Buy Music?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Buy Music?

• Yes, For the Most Part I Only Buy CDs
    • Yes, For the Most Part I Buy From an Online Source (ITunes, etc)
    • No, I Download Everything from Torrents, etc

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will not pay for music in a lossy format (except one time but that was a crapload of beethoven for like $2)

i will buy CDs i would be willing to buy through digital distribution if it was DRM free LOSSLESS

i rarely download music if i don't already own the album and when i do it's because someone recommended an album and if i like it i end up buying it if for no other reason than to guarantee a perfect rip

I know it's bad, but I find it very hard to justify spending $20 on something that I can go home and get for free. The other thing that keeps me from buying them is the fact that I see CDs and CD players becoming obsolete soon. I don't need another stack of VHS, cassette tapes, etc. to clutter up the house.

That said, I think the price for CDs should be significantly lowered, and I would probably come back to them.

I don't pay for music I think why pay for it when you can get it for free.

Piss poor attitude.

Anyway, I've always bought CD's. I haven't bought one in probably well over a year though as I listen more to the radio while driving. I don't see myself buying one anytime soon either just because nothing really jumps out at me as having to own. I don't do iTunes at all and have no desire to. I would possibly buy 1 song from someone like Amazon...but again I doubt I'll do that either.

Edited by SwatTJ

Piss poor attitude.

Agreed 100%.

And yeah, I buy CDs still. I had been doing iTunes, but their policy of "lol we don't keep a download history so if your drive crashes buy it again" for everything (not just music) made me switch back to CDs that I actually own. I can rip them again and again if needed should this stupid iPod have another hissy fit and they have to wipe the hard drive. Apple products "just work" my ass.

Torrent and buy rarely.

now i was asked this question before and i will tell you what i told them average cd is £5 (hmv) the songs i listen to varies from my mood. so that means if i was to go out and buy the songs i wanted most prob of several CD`s i could easily go into about £50 thats a bad month. with the recession and now most people loosing there jobs. ot has become cheaper to torrent for music.

just think you have to find the money for transport toi the place and back to get your CD`s, then to buy the CD in the longrun you are saving money from just buying online but with places like i tunes that "Mj" mentioned i just give up caring and torrent, fast reliable and you can get the songs within 10 seconds.

I get most of my music from torrents, and buy a couple CDs every now and then. I would rather spend $30 on a ticket to see see them live, rather than spending $20 on a cd.

Wow, what kind of rip-off store are you shopping at where a CD costs $20?

Also, what kind of awesome ticket sales place do you go to get tickets for only $30?

Who said I wasted gas money? Amazon.com has great deals and free shipping on orders $25 or more. So buy 3 CDs and get free shipping. Or I just pick it up at the store while I'm there buying other things as well. So no wasted gas, and no losing the music if my hard drive bites it.

Nope, buying CDs doesn't make me a stupid bastard. It makes me whatever you choose to call the opposite of a criminal. I prefer "fine, upstanding citizen" myself. :) I mean, really. The "you could have gotten it for free" argument fails so god damn hard that it's not even funny. What about your PS3s? You could have gotten those for free, all you had to do was steal them. How stupid of you to buy them! And food! You could have stolen that as well. Why the fuck did you ever bother to pay for it? Please. :rolleyes:

Edited by mjc0961

The only reason some of you don't care about not paying for what you should is because you can sit in your comfortable chair behind a monitor and feel like you didn't do anything wrong.

It's still stealing.

Oh sure, go ahead and say it instead of letting me lead them to saying it themselves. :(