Depends on who I'm talking to... some people think that if it isn't stuff like Electric Wizard and Sleep then it isn't metal.

As for me? Black Sabbath, if you want to consider that metal. Metallica is a big one, even if they haven't done anything worth a damn since 1988. Megadeth would earn a place on my list even if they just released "Rust In Peace" and nothing else... same goes with Motorhead for their "Overkill" album. I'm a big Kyuss fan, if you'd consider that metal. Whether or not they're actually metal at all is questionable, but Killing Joke made some incredible music over the years, especially their self-titled album.

1.Metallica

2.Slayer

3.Iron Maiden

4.Black Sabbath

5.Deicide

6.Cannibal Corpse

7.Morbid Angel

8.Cream (not metal but wtf)

9.VanHalen

10.Megadeth

And whoever said Metallica hasnt done shit since 88 is a poser,every dedicated tallica' fan knows Load and Death Magnetic are classics

Death Magnetic is definately my favorite album, But they really went farther and farther from their roots and it seems that the original ideas have faded. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big fan but it just seems they just keep getting farther and farther from their original fan base.

Edit: Cream and Van Halen aren't metal, but they're definately two of my favorite non metal bands. Seems like more of a heavy rock type feel to it.

Edited by Whiteclone

Death Magnetic is definately my favorite album, But they really went farther and farther from their roots and it seems that the original ideas have faded. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big fan but it just seems they just keep getting farther and farther from their original fan base.

Edit: Cream and Van Halen aren't metal, but they're definately two of my favorite non metal bands. Seems like more of a heavy rock type feel to it.

Well LOads my favorite.Well Justice actually is.But i cant stand when ppl are like "ThEy SuCk CaUsE ThErE NoT ThrAsH AnyMoRe AnD ThEy CuT ThEiR HaIr'' stfu nothing ever stays the same and after you play the same shit for 14 years they probably wanna try something else.Those ppl piss me off

The last thread discussing metal bands got locked because people began arguing about posers and whatnot. Let's not get this one locked too, please.

I've always preferred Megadeth over Metallica, personally, but I like them both. And I like all their material, except for Megadeth's "Risk"... horrible album *shudder*.

Some of my favorites are:

Misery Signals

Paradise Lost

Cannibal Corpse

Origin

Fear Factory

Carcass

Morbid Angel

The last thread discussing metal bands got locked because people began arguing about posers and whatnot. Let's not get this one locked too, please.

I've always preferred Megadeth over Metallica, personally, but I like them both. And I like all their material, except for Megadeth's "Risk"... horrible album *shudder*.

Some of my favorites are:

Misery Signals

Paradise Lost

Cannibal Corpse

Origin

Fear Factory

Carcass

Morbid Angel

Yeah i cant stand Megadeth without Mike Menza And MArty Freidman.idk why dave cycle through guys so much.....

Yeah i cant stand Megadeth without Mike Menza And MArty Freidman.idk why dave cycle through guys so much.....

He's a control freak... you have to do it his way or it's the highway. Menza and Freidman probably got tired of it after a while and wanted to move on to other things.

The last couple Megadeth albums have been very good. Nothing comes close to "Rust in Peace," of course.

He's a control freak... you have to do it his way or it's the highway. Menza and Freidman probably got tired of it after a while and wanted to move on to other things.

The last couple Megadeth albums have been very good. Nothing comes close to "Rust in Peace," of course.

Come on, Countdown was an excellent album too (and so was Cryptic Writings IMO), but yes, if you're talking about classic Megadeth, then yes it ended with Rust In Peace. I've definitely enjoyed the last 2 albums as well, United Abominations more but that's because I'm still getting into Endgame fully.

I still think my favorite album by them is So Far, So Good... So What! I mean, In My Darkest Hour (probably favorite song by Megadeth), Mary Jane, Set The World Afire, Hook In Mouth, Liar, 502, Into The Lungs Of Hell, and that other one (:whistle: can't stand Anarchy In The UK anymore, sorry), absolutely amazing album...

Yea I listen to everything outside of newer rap and country. One song I'll be listening to Oasis and the next I'll be listening to All That Remains. I have a diverse taste in music. :D

Sounds exactly like my MP3 player on shuffle :D

Edited by OnceFallen

Agreed -- really, Marty Friedman is probably my favorite part of Megadeth.

As far as Metallica goes, it has nothing to do with selling out or cutting hair. I just think their first four albums were their strongest, and were devoted to what Metallica does best -- which is thrash. The later albums were them trying to cash in on the success of the "One" single by writing more radio-friendly material, which they're simply not that good at. As far as being a poseur because I prefer "Trapped Under Ice" over "Unforgiven II"? Well, I'll just let the complete foolishness of that statement rest on it's own.