Pink Floyd, New Album This Fall.

Jake_357

The greatest band ever, is making one more album.

Pink Floyd To Release First New Album in 20 Years This Fall | Music News | Rolling Stone

It probably doesn't have Roger Waters on it, and Wright has been dead for like 6 years. It will more than likely be a David Gilmour solo album that features Nick Mason and has the Pink Floyd name on it, with some leftovers of Wrights keyboards/pianos on it.

The real Pink Floyd was dead in 1979 anyways, but it's still great to know one more thing will come out with that trademark on it. It may be total shit, like everything after The Wall (Well it wasn't all total shit), but at least the name of Pink Floyd will be getting shoved down everyone's throats again in the process.

• 4 weeks later...

This is AWESOME! :dance: Pink Floyd probably is my favorite band of all time. It won't be the same without Roger and Rick, but a new album in the Floyd library is not a bad thing.

You're probably going to be right, Jake, on it being more of a Gilmour solo album. I just hope it's better than his 2006 release. That one didn't do it for me.

No bad thing -- I've liked more of Pink Floyd's stuff than not, and some of their music is genius. Gilmour is worth the price of admission alone, since he's probably the best guitarist I've heard.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4fQ63BVUe0]David Gilmour - High Hopes (Remember That Night) - YouTube[/ame]

Damn I am ready for this today. This thread will be killing me until it's release. Piles of money will be made because this is one of the most historic bands of all time. Let's plan a Pink Floyd party. Just had my T-shirt on a week or 2 ago. As for you kids, "We don't need no education". "All in all it just another brick in the wall!.

Damn I am ready for this today. This thread will be killing me until it's release. Piles of money will be made because this is one of the most historic bands of all time. Let's plan a Pink Floyd party. Just had my T-shirt on a week or 2 ago. As for you kids, "We don't need no education". "All in all it just another brick in the wall!.

I haven't heard enough Pink Floyd to look into getting into them now (I've heard some, but not much). It just doesn't seem right, you know? Like, how can I have my pudding, if I didna' eat my meat?

• 1 month later...

Man I'm pumped beyond words. Pink Floyd is my hands down all time favorite band and though there has been much debate about their musical direction since Waters left, I personally thought it was still all cool :)

Though this new album will most likely not measure up to the legendary albums of their past, just seeing something new from the Floyd is enough to make me start throwing my money around :)

Man I'm pumped beyond words. Pink Floyd is my hands down all time favorite band and though there has been much debate about their musical direction since Waters left, I personally thought it was still all cool :)

Though this new album will most likely not measure up to the legendary albums of their past, just seeing something new from the Floyd is enough to make me start throwing my money around :)

I heard one new song off the album. It's very David Gilmourish, and I didn't really like it the first time.

Regardless, The Floyds name is getting put out everywhere again (Not like anyone forgot it), and that's good.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah... I'm still not feeling these songs.

If there's no Waters, you'll get something like Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell. If there is no Wright, you'll get something like The Final Cut. And if it's a Gilmour led project, you'll get everything in between MLOR to this new album, all pop songs.

Pink Floyd CANNOT be Pink Floyd unless it's all 4 guys. When one is gone, the rest of the band doesn't even sound like the same Pink Floyd. Even on Animals and The Wall, Waters wrote like 95% of those two albums. Even though the other guys didn't get credit, their playing made those albums sound good, because no one can develop a sound nearly as good as Floyds. And even then, Animals is one of the best albums they did, it was near perfect.

People look at Gilmour as the guy who does the most work, total bullshit. Wright was just as, if not more important than Gilmour. Wrights keyboards, organs, pianos, and all that, that was how the Floyd sound was created. Without Wright, there is no Pink Floyd, it's dead. And with Waters, he's the brains and orchestrater, he's the most important member. Without him there, there is for sure no Pink Floyd.

I'm thankful for what they gave us though, even though all they did was fight each other and destroy it. With Meddle, Darkside of the Moon, Wish You Where Here, Animals, and The Wall, those were almost 5 perfect albums, all released in the same decade, and these albums are still very popular today. We'll never see another decade like that for music. Pink Floyd is the greatest band ever, and their catalog of albums from the 70's will never be touched by anyone.

Sorry for talking so much :o