Any Clash fans in here?

janne-da-arc24

As the topic states any fans of The Clash? I am a big fan if them myself and just respect them so much for all they stood for and for how much they revolutionized not just punk but the whole music industry itself. They always stood up for the fans even if it meant less money for themselves (Sandinista) Truly a great band! Anyone else here like "The only band that matters"?

Yeah definitely :) Their cover I fought the law was legendary!

For a debut it was legendary and in memory of the bobby fuller four who's lead singer died. Ironically the original was written by sonny Curtis from the crickets. Whos bandmate Buddy Holly went solo and died in a plane crash. Gotta love how an artist connects towards another and sad how a lot of death arises in the music business from drugs to mysterious deaths. Anyway that one song was amazing it changed rock man..it changed it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPXnoLAEUSQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Bobby Fuller Four[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR3XY6wfSBw&feature=youtube_gdata_player]The Clash[/ame]

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

For a debut it was legendary and in memory of the bobby fuller four who's lead singer died. Ironically the original was written by sonny Curtis from the crickets. Whos bandmate Buddy Holly went solo and died in a plane crash. Gotta love how an artist connects towards another and sad how a lot of death arises in the music business from drugs to mysterious deaths. Anyway that one song was amazing it changed rock man..it changed it.

Yeah strange as it may seem I actually heard the bobby fuller four version before the clash version lol I love all versions of the song really. The Clash did the song justice and made it awesome in a whole different way. Yeah I was real sad to learn about the death of bobby fuller a few years back in a mysterious murder :(Still its really cool to see how the song has transformed through the years!

As the topic states any fans of The Clash? I am a big fan if them myself and just respect them so much for all they stood for and for how much they revolutionized not just punk but the whole music industry itself. They always stood up for the fans even if it meant less money for themselves (Sandinista) Truly a great band! Anyone else here like "The only band that matters"?

Awesome to see another Clash fan here! They aren't my favorite band, but their awesome. My favorite song is "Rock the Casbah". Back in my senior year of high school, my pre-calculus teacher actually gave me The Clash's self-entitled album among other albums. It was great.

Awesome to see another Clash fan here! They aren't my favorite band, but their awesome. My favorite song is "Rock the Casbah". Back in my senior year of high school, my pre-calculus teacher actually gave me The Clash's self-entitled album among other albums. It was great.

Yeaaaa awesome! Yeah the clash aren't my favorite band but they certainly are close. Rock the casbah is an amazing song. I think my favorite song would either be rudie can't fail from the London calling album or complete control from their first album.

Your calculus teacher is awesome lol. I wish my math teacher had been cool like that. Their self titled first album was seriously amazing. Only London calling just BARELY beats it in my opinion. But I usually listen to their first album once a week lol

My favorite album would be London Calling, no doubt. Virtually every song on it is great. Favorite song is probably "Rudie Can't Fail" or "The Guns Of Brixton."

LOL just posted in the last response that my favorite song was probably rudie can't fail lol. My favorite album is also London calling but their first album and give em enough rope are seriously amazing albums as well. Seriously good shit. London calling though is seriously like one of my favorite albums of all time though lol.

Edited by janne-da-arc24

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...