Dookie (Green Day) 20th Anniversary

Leicester_Lad_93

Last Saturday (1st) was the 20th anniversary of the Punk Rock album Dookie, my favourite ever album from my favourite ever band.

My top 5 songs from it in order:

- Welcome to Paradise

- Longview

- Basket Case

- Burnout

- When I Come Around

Must be some other fans on here, the album has sold over 20 million worldwide :p

Last Saturday (1st) was the 20th anniversary of the Punk Rock album Dookie, my favourite ever album from my favourite ever band.

My top 5 songs from it in order:

- Welcome to Paradise

- Longview

- Basket Case

- Burnout

- When I Come Around

Must be some other fans on here, the album has sold over 20 million worldwide :p

I enjoyed when I come around, basket case, and welcome to paradise

Best album cover

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/82245957/Dookie.png

Yeah...the first time that I heard Longview...I immediately went out and bought Dookie. This was one of the 1st CDs that I ever purchased...having grown up on Records and Cassettes and was just starting to convert to CDs. The strength of Dookie made me buy everything that Green Day did previously and ever since. They quickly became my favorite band and have been for nearly 2 decades.

I actually don't dislike any song on this CD so it is about impossible for me to come up with a top 5.

Honestly hard to believe that Dookie is now 20 years old (one year older than me), probably the best Green Day ever did, and it had a massive impact on a lot of the punk music I listen to nowadays

There are always albums which stand above the rest. Like Nirvana, Bleach being the best but Nevermind becoming a milestone in their career.

Wow that's nuts. I can't believe it's been 20 years already. I was born the same year that album came out and I remember listening to it in junior high and high school. (Alongside American Idiot of course) Hell, I listen to it now. I feel like it's just one of those albums that all teens can relate to in some way. This was probably their best as I don't find Uno, Dos, or Tre as enjoyable as any of their earlier work.

The whole album is golden, but my favorite songs gotta be: Longview, Pulling Teeth, and Burnout.

• 11 months later...