What genre of music do you hate the most and why?

spartan267

What genre of music do you hate the most  

195 members have voted

1. 1. What genre of music do you hate the most

• Country
    • Rap
    • Rock
    • Pop
    • Jazz
    • Classic
    • Electronic

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can handle all genres however i prolly have the least patience for certain kinds of mexican music.. shit's just super annoying to me..

lol so much misinformation in that haha rap is way bigger now than it has ever been.. eminem (came on the scene in 99) helped propel that shit to new levels both album sales-wise & LYRICALLY.. i love rock music & my dad still be showing me some all impressed with the songwriting but hip hop & emcees have elevated that shit to heights that seem impossible to be takin any further nowadays.. & no im not talkin about that commercialized shit thats being pushed through mtv & bet (with the exception of a very few artist)

untouchable songwriting/lyricism:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eminem/25tolife.html

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eminem/infinite.html

Edited by Vyrastas
Double post

I don't hate any specific genre of music, but there are artists I can't stand. Nicki Minaj and Rihanna come to mind.

Seriously though, my own personal motto for media is that every genre has something worth experiencing. Don't like romance films? There's at least one out there that you'll enjoy. Can't stand heavy metal? There's probably a band that will sound good to you there too. You just need to find it.

I suppose out of all genres, the one I've gotten the least enjoyment out of is Reggae, but I still enjoy select artists from the genre. Then again, the majority of my music library is soundtracks from films and games which are varied and themed differently depending on the source material. The soundtrack for God of War, for example, sounds nothing like the soundtrack from Super Meat Boy, but they both sound great. Other than that, I have a ton of metal and a bunch of J-pop artists. Still, amongst all that, there's some classical in there, some reggae, some blues etc. which I enjoy.

In regards to what's already been said, I'm not a particularly large fan of rap. I still find enjoyment from Eminem's Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show, plus I like Dr. Dre's 2001 and have liked what I've heard from Astronautalis and CunningLyguists.

I look at the 80s and pop and rap was pretty good. I grew up in the 90s so have a fondness for these then too.

Nowadays, we have a hybrid of pop, dance, rap and hip hop that even 90s rappers that used to be 'gangsta' have succumbed too (Ludacris singing with Justin Bieber?) This is the type of music that I hate. Poor lyrics, repetitive music and generally a stain on the charts. Although to be honest, I don't even know what song is currently number 1 and wouldn't know how it goes if I did.

Schlager music. It's a type of music that is very popular among older and lower-educated people in Dutch- and German-speaking countries. The songs are always in one's own language and have texts that are very easy to remember. It is usually played at weddings and during carnival over here.

People who like it usually call it 'levenslied' (life song) and people who hate it and those who like it but realise that they shouldn't, call it 'foute muziek' (wrong music). I can't stand it.

Here's an example of what schlager sounds like :sick::

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTDgoJWxtjA]frans bauer heb je even voor mij - YouTube[/ame]

(translation title: You have a minute for me?)

Then there is the children's music in Flanders and the Netherlands, which should be prohibited because it destroys children's brain cells and turns them into zombies:whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAJlfITy-qw]K3 - Oma's Aan De Top (toveren tour) - YouTube[/ame]

(translation title: Grandmas on top)

I also can't stand death metal or any type of metal where the singers yell and roar and whatever. Yelling is not singing!! Let people play World at War on veteran and you have millions of death metal bands.

From the list I ticked 'country' because it's not really my thing. I don't hate it, but from the genres listed I like that one the least.

Edited by TheDearGunther

Pop. It's a gold-digger genre that anyone with money can buy into. Any actor from a children's TV show can get into the music industry with crap songs is the main reason I hate it. It's not original, nor meaningful, or intelligent. The worst part is that some of the songs are very memorable and can get stuck in your head.

Seriously though, my own personal motto for media is that every genre has something worth experiencing. Don't like romance films? There's at least one out there that you'll enjoy. Can't stand heavy metal? There's probably a band that will sound good to you there too. You just need to find it.

I agree, i don't actually hate any genre, For example take metal for example i can show an average person songs like sonata arctica - shy or angra - holy land and he/she would have no idea those 2 banda are even considered part of a metal genre. Don't look at whats on mtv or no 1 most viewed artists on youtube for an accurate view on all of what a certain genre sounds like. Theres at least 1000 artists per genre all over the world at the minimum releasing albums every few months of each genre. Theres no way all those 1000 artists can sound exactly the same.

The kind I dislike the most is mariachi music. I had neighbors who used to blast that stuff... can't stand it now. Out of the ones you have listed I like country the least.

i can handle all genres however i prolly have the least patience for certain kinds of mexican music.. shit's just super annoying to me..

lol so much misinformation in that haha rap is way bigger now than it has ever been.. eminem (came on the scene in 99) helped propel that shit to new levels both album sales-wise & LYRICALLY.. i love rock music & my dad still be showing me some all impressed with the songwriting but hip hop & emcees have elevated that shit to heights that seem impossible to be takin any further nowadays.. & no im not talkin about that commercialized shit thats being pushed through mtv & bet (with the exception of a very few artist)

untouchable songwriting/lyricism:

EMINEM LYRICS - 25 To Life

EMINEM LYRICS - Infinite

I've removed the lyrics from your post, we don't need to post ones here with language like that. The links are sufficient.

Also, please don't double post.

I also can't stand death metal or any type of metal where the singers yell and roar and whatever. Yelling is not singing!! Let people play World at War on veteran and you have millions of death metal bands.

Yelling, screaming, growling or whatever in death metal is not supposed to be singing in the traditional sense. Think of it as a percussion instrument. The melody in that kind of music is in the guitars, not the vocals. I doubt you'll like it any more after my explanation, but I always like to clear that up whenever possible. :)

Edited by Vyrastas

I put classic. But thats only because its the one i like the least rather than hate the most (if that makes sense)

I listen to all sorts, i used to listen to rap until it sold itself out, now i listen to most rock / heavier music. Although i love blues, and listen to that a lot as well.

pffft what a cornball.. aint no preteens on this site.. quit takin your mod duties so serious yo...

If he didn't take it seriously, than we would be able to post explicit images and just have endless arguments about touchy subjects. But OT, I hate rap, can't stand that people who are just IMO talking their way through the beat become so famous, a few examples come to mind:

Lil Wayne

Rizzle Kicks (literally hate their songs)

If he didn't take it seriously, than we would be able to post explicit images and just have endless arguments about touchy subjects. But OT, I hate rap, can't stand that people who are just IMO talking their way through the beat become so famous, a few examples come to mind:

Lil Wayne

Rizzle Kicks (literally hate their songs)

man theres a difference between a full frontal nudity image & some explicit lyrics..

but yeah i feel ya i cant stand when people just talk through rap songs as well.. ya gotta have some sort of flow..

I put classic. But thats only because its the one i like the least rather than hate the most (if that makes sense)

I listen to all sorts, i used to listen to rap until it sold itself out, now i listen to most rock / heavier music. Although i love blues, and listen to that a lot as well.

rap or better yet hip hop never sold itself out.. big money & corporate interest is what sold it out.. as well as commercialization.. theres still a ton of real hip hop in the underground tho.. ya just gotta look for it

Edited by Vyrastas
Double post - please use edit / multi-quote button

It'd have to be the horrendous rap and hip hop garbage that saturates the charts these days. Even the oft cited 'best' rap and hip hop 'artists', like Tupac or whatever, are mediocre at best, but the current major stars like Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj, Big Sean etc are just absolute and utter dogshit. Their fame and popularity just goes to show that people are fucking idiots.

It'd have to be the horrendous rap and hip hop garbage that saturates the charts these days. Even the oft cited 'best' rap and hip hop 'artists', like Tupac or whatever, are mediocre at best, but the current major stars like Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj, Big Sean etc are just absolute and utter dogshit. Their fame and popularity just goes to show that people are fucking idiots.

Tupac is in no way considered to to be the best by any real fan of hip hop. And the most famous of a scene re never the best.