Is BMTH Satanic?

DiS34R

I dont know if this is in anyway appropiate.. but hey its related to music?

I've been first introduced to BMTH by a friend Who's just the type of girl..

I've had bad times in my life and I' started to listen to one of there songs over and over again... But know I see some people at PS3T are listening to this band. So I searched up on youtube for there live shows..

All I see is Screamo, Hardcore rock & Satanic Signs/Gestures..

Are they in anyway Satanic..? I heard people saying they're tooo well "Pussy"

or there not satanic its only they're "Scene"

Nothing wrong with the band.. Just wondering if they are Satanic.. by the way how can Oli Scream like that.. I tried and failed LMFAO :D

Bring Me The Horizon? Yeah, wouldn't know.

Even if they are, pretty sure they aren't as hardcore as Deicide.

Deicide - Kill The Christian - YouTube

Aight WDF? I'm not that hard, I dont go around watching that "too" hardcore stuff.. but is that the guys real voice? Purely Satanic!

guys. I'f my parents knew I was listening to this stuff or even speaking about it I'm more Dead then deadmau5

I've been with a cover-up when the left playing Dead, know on to BMTH..

Only one song I like .. <3

But Yeahh Thats a lil' too much you like that? :think:

I heard people saying they're tooo well "Pussy"

or there not satanic its only they're "Scene"

This + they suck and bring shame to metal.

BMTH isn't satanic at all, I don't even think they have a song about religion (in either the good or bad way).

Satanic metal are bands like; Rose Funeral, Deicide, Slayer, Angel Corpse, Arch Enemy, Mercyfull Fate, Burzum, Mayhem, ...

A lot more. It's pretty obvious if you hear the lyrics.

[ame=

]
[/ame] Edited by Aepriz

This + they suck and bring shame to metal.

BMTH isn't satanic at all, I don't even think they have a song about religion (in either the good or bad way).

Satanic metal are bands like; Rose Funeral, Deicide, Slayer, Angel Corpse, Arch Enemy, Mercyfull Fate, Burzum, Mayhem, ...

A lot more. It's pretty obvious if you hear the lyrics.

Right right, Although there song .. "Dont go" has the word god.. "God forgive me, for all my sins. God forgive me, for everything.

God forgive me, for all my sins. God forgive me, God forgive me." & also they talk about demons and stuff. but hey thats probably just to get them popular. nobody, not nobody can have the truth.. because they may not have a satanic music career.. but they might do it privately in there own homes or somewhere else. :think:

Thanks everyone.

but they might do it privately in there own homes or somewhere else. :think:

I highly doubt any of them would do that, they just don't fit the profile if (read some interviews), the seem to not care about religion at all (like about 90% of all metal acts).

It's pretty stereotypical of thinking that metal bands are satanic. :whistle:

Most rock bands are satanic, but everyone knows that anyway,

i dont listen to rock because im not a satanist, or any other religion for that matter, im a Christian.

Just because you listen to Rock doesn't make you a Satanist or mean you worship the devil. I'm Catholic and listen to all kinds of music, including Rock, Death Metal, etc.

Let's try and not be stereotypical. ;)

Most rock bands are satanic, but everyone knows that anyway,

i dont listen to rock because im not a satanist, or any other religion for that matter, im a Christian.

Nice use of irony mate! ;)

But back to BMTH, I think some might think they are Satanic because of the vocal style Oli used on the earlier albums, which sounded a lot like the vocals found in satanic bands.

Nice use of irony mate! ;)

But back to BMTH, I think some might think they are Satanic because of the vocal style Oli used on the earlier albums, which sounded a lot like the vocals found in satanic bands.

Yeah .. I dont beleive in god.. or anything.. I' well I guess its the way of science with me.. either that or athiest.. Athiest means you have no religion right ? no idea :s...

But I do listen to bmth .. great band.. Could you inbox me what you mean by olis voice back then..? its gotten worser ! lol

But I do listen to bmth .. great band.. Could you inbox me what you mean by olis voice back then..? its gotten worser ! lol

What I mean was that in the first album and ep's he used a more death metal like shriek compared to the lame shouts he started using ever since Suicide seasons.

Old BMTH (this band does have a bit of a satanic sound to it, but more then the sound you'll not find).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWggPLXeOkU]BRING ME THE HORIZON - Pray for Plagues - YouTube[/ame]

This is a satanic band and you'll hear the vocal style is very similar (and most satanic bands use this kind of vocals).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15V82u0HhE4]Rose Funeral - Beyond The Entombed - YouTube[/ame]

the new BMTH however (since suicide season) ditched their deathcore sound and went straight up metalcore. (see diamonds aren't forever in an earlier post).

My guess the OP might have taught that BMTH was satanic because their early sound was very similar to a satanic death metal band. But a sound doesn't make a band Satanic, it's the lyrics and the way the abnd acts that do. Neither of those can be related to BMTH (as they act like metalcore morons and have no songs that actually attack religion or praise it).

Anyway, most obvious way to see if a band is Satanic is looking for this symbol (Judas' cross) or a pentagram (relates to witchcraft, and see history lessons for the relation between witchcraft and religion);

http://www.politicususa.com/wp-content/uploads/upside-down-cross.png

FYI: I myself don't care if a band as Satanic or not, but I'm not really font of the sound those band play. In other words I don't listen to them.

Edited by Aepriz

What I mean was that in the first album and ep's he used a more death metal like shriek compared to the lame shouts he started using ever since Suicide seasons.

Old BMTH (this band does have a bit of a satanic sound to it, but more then the sound you'll not find).

This is a satanic band and you'll hear the vocal style is very similar (and most satanic bands use this kind of vocals).

Rose Funeral - Beyond The Entombed - YouTube

the new BMTH however (since suicide season) ditched their deathcore sound and went straight up metalcore. (see diamonds aren't forever in an earlier post).

My guess the OP might have taught that BMTH was satanic because their early sound was very similar to a satanic death metal band. But a sound doesn't make a band Satanic, it's the lyrics and the way the abnd acts that do. Neither of those can be related to BMTH (as they act like metalcore morons and have no songs that actually attack religion or praise it).

Anyway, most obvious way to see if a band is Satanic is looking for this symbol (Judas' cross) or a pentagram (relates to witchcraft, and see history lessons for the relation between witchcraft and religion);

http://www.politicususa.com/wp-content/uploads/upside-down-cross.png

FYI: I myself don't care if a band as Satanic or not, but I'm not really font of the sound those band play. In other words I don't listen to them.

True, I agree with what your saying and understand..

But .... I thought the new signs.. were devil horns.. & the Triangle :think:

I love Satanic music.

And for me, it isn't obvious lyrics that I like. Stuff like Deicide is to simple, to easy to write, to easy for someone to understand. Deicide is just there for a entry way into the real shit.

Slayer, to me, is the most "Evil" band that time will ever see. Any band that writes dark, evil, satanic music all takes it from Slayer. Now sure, bands like Venom and Mercyful Fate before Slayer, used satanic lyrics. But they used generic lyrics that can be easily heard.

Slayers lyrics have a mixture of plain satanism, genocide, war, Nazism, and death in general. All evil things. All dark, and eerie visions. And then dark music behind it. Followed up with inverted crosses and pentagrams.

And then Black Sabbath. People always think their music is pure satanism. Where to be exact, it is the total opposite. All their members are Christian. The lyrics were mostly from a "Good guy" point of few, with very very dark music behind it. Because even the good guys are actually dark on the inside. And the lyrics of Sabbath show you the goodness from inside the music.

But a band like Slayer? Pure and raw evil. The music is evil and the lyrics are twice as evil. And evil from a point not very many bands can do.

I love Satanic music.

And for me, it isn't obvious lyrics that I like. Stuff like Deicide is to simple, to easy to write, to easy for someone to understand. Deicide is just there for a entry way into the real shit.

Slayer, to me, is the most "Evil" band that time will ever see. Any band that writes dark, evil, satanic music all takes it from Slayer. Now sure, bands like Venom and Mercyful Fate before Slayer, used satanic lyrics. But they used generic lyrics that can be easily heard.

Slayers lyrics have a mixture of plain satanism, genocide, war, Nazism, and death in general. All evil things. All dark, and eerie visions. And then dark music behind it. Followed up with inverted crosses and pentagrams.

And then Black Sabbath. People always think their music is pure satanism. Where to be exact, it is the total opposite. All their members are Christian. The lyrics were mostly from a "Good guy" point of few, with very very dark music behind it. Because even the good guys are actually dark on the inside. And the lyrics of Sabbath show you the goodness from inside the music.

But a band like Slayer? Pure and raw evil. The music is evil and the lyrics are twice as evil. And evil from a point not very many bands can do.

I dont care anymore.. fudgesicles.. I'm so used to BMTH know..

Love all they're songs ! :lightsaber: <--- Why fight in a satanic or christian point of view like.. this ol' smiley face and darth smiley.. just enjoy music.. anyways guys this is the end of my night.. Il be on today but after the morning

Who gives a shit as long as the music's good :rolleyes:

Yesh I agree, Although I hate how Oli is sometimes mean to a fan.. or stops the show and stuff.. but I can get it.. a bit.. maybe they're getting to close or having a little to much of his personal space touched.. thats probably why he's pissed..

But also if thats not true.. why else would they be running onto the stage and trying to beat him up.. His britt voice is hilarious.. C'mon den C'mon den puss... PISS OFF ! Lol ... I love the british' accent :D

Yesh I agree, Although I hate how Oli is sometimes mean to a fan.. or stops the show and stuff.. but I can get it.. a bit.. maybe they're getting to close or having a little to much of his personal space touched.. thats probably why he's pissed..

Oli's just a huge tool, lol. Some thing he has done are just unacceptable (like pissing on a fan because she didn't want to have sex with him).

The succes (undeserved) has risen to his head and the rest of the band suffers from it, sadly (as a couple of them are nice dudes).

Listen to what you want to listen. I'm not really a bmth guy because i was never really into image kind of thing when it comes to music. Sure i wear a college jacket and all and sure i wear my favorite hardcore band hoodie. But if you want to listen to it, fine that's right.

Even satanic image or not, you have a choice to ignore it and just enjoy the music. I personally just take a look at it and if it doesn't interest me i just say "cool" and then move on.

BMTH satanic? hmm, i dont really feel so, maybe they have a lil bit of death elements, from the lyrics at least.

A lot of band playing like this nowadays; post-hardcore, metalcore, emocore, core and more core... Not really complaining but they are a bit generic lately...

I have heard worse I tell you, some mainstream bands (like Linkin Park) are satanic according to my religion leaders. :D

PS: Black Sabbath is rock n roll, not metal; just to piss you guys off (one of their compilation album title is We Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n' Roll btw) :p