Mushroom Wars - Road Map and Trophy Guide

Landulf

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 10/10 (Trophy Difficulty Rating)
  • Offline trophies: 18 (15 (B), 3 (S))  
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 50hrs+ (Estimated Time to 100%)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 2, plus multiple Skirmish game
  • Number of missable trophies: 0
  • Glitched trophies: 1 - Extirpator (B)
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, you have to finish the game on Hard.
  • Do trophies stack?: No
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.
  • Additional peripherals required?: Yes, you need 2 controllers to get the Comrade (B) trophy.

Introduction:

Mushroom Wars is a 1-2 player strategy game that calls for you to take control of a map of towns using little mushroom men. For the most part, you will accomplished this through taking over all of the enemies towns; some maps call for specialized victory conditions. Some of these maps are hard! Following my roadmap will hopefully save you some of the frustrations I had when I earned all the trophies. Take note that one of the trophies requires two controllers, there is no way around needing two.

Note: All the trophies will pop after the match, thus you won't know if you've messed up until you get to the end-of-match screen.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Play through the campaign on hard.

Especially in the early levels, there isn't much difference in how the computer plays between difficulty levels but don't do your first playthrough of the campaign on easy as this will make earning the Extirpator (B) trophy very difficult to get. If you find a particular map too difficult on hard, you can complete it on medium to unlock the next level...just remember to get Napoleon (S) trophy you will need to come back and beat that level on hard.

Step 2: Playthrough the campaign again on easy focusing on completing the levels as quickly as possible.

This is solely for the"Extirpator (B) trophy, which is glitched for reasons I'll go into detail in the Guide. I recommend you play on easy until you have earned this trophy.

Step 3: Skirmish modes

Several of the trophies are unlocked by playing skirmish modes & beating them all on medium & hard. I'll give tips in the guide.

Step 4: 100 Local Multiplayer

Unfortunately, you will need a 2nd controller for the Comrade (B) trophy. You can either play 100 games with a friend or use the farming method I describe in the Guide.

Step 5: Clean-up

I recommend you do this on easy to unlock any trophies you didn't get during your other playthroughs. More than likely, you will only be lacking the Collector (S) and Midas (B) trophies.

Edited by Viper

Trophy Guide:

01.jpg  Theorist (B)

Complete all Tutorials

Story related, can't be missed.

This will come naturally, just play every level as they unlock. The tutorial levels are the ones where the little man has a '!' above his head on the campaign map (5 in total).

02.jpg  Lieutenant (B)

Complete 25% of Campaign Mode

See Vanquisher.

03.jpg  Colonel (B)

Complete 50% of Campaign Mode

See Vanquisher.

04.jpg  General (B)

Complete 75% of Campaign Mode

See Vanquisher.

05.jpg  Extirpator (B)

Complete Campaign Mode in 60 minutes or less

GLITCHED

This trophy can be glitchy and it's highly recommended you avoid working on this trophy until after you have beaten the game on hard. For this trophy to unlock, your 'campaign time' for any given difficulty setting has to be under an hour so I recommend doing it on Easy. Some of the early levels can be done in as little as 30 seconds. The reason this can be glitchy is that in order for a shorter time to record after the first time you play a level, you have to beat your high score for that level and finish the level faster. If you did your first campaign playthrough on easy, then good luck on doing that. The only possible solution if this completely bugs out and won't pop, is to delete your saves and start over.

If you want some par times to look at, several people have posted theirs here: LINK

06.jpg  Vanquisher (B)

Complete Campaign Mode

Story related, can't be missed.

You have to beat every single level on the map for this to unlock. You can skip some of the maps but I recommend doing them in order from 1-28.

08.jpg  Gatherer (B)

Gain 9 different rewards in Campaign Mode

See Collector.

The only one that might give you trouble is the Warlord reward but Clayman found a sure fire way to earn at least one of these rewards:

Clayman said:
Step 1: Go to map 4 (Telminham) in campaign.

Step 2: Choose Easy

Step 3: Immediately (don't wait..) send ALL men to the mushroom the enemy starts in.

Step 4: After taking the previous one, immediately send them ALL on to the top right mushroom that the enemy just took.

10.jpg  Amateur (B)

Complete Skirmish on Normal or higher difficulty level

See ACE.

18.jpg  Сomrade (B)

Play 100 Local Multiplayer Matches

Unfortunately, you actually need two controllers for this trophy (the game pops an error if you just try to change controller ports). This can actually be done fairly quickly by yourself. Just select 'Duplex I' and set the game type to 'domination'. You will have more than enough men to take all three of the required buildings in one wave, which takes about 20 secs. Rinse and repeat until you earn the trophy but you can also see how many games you've played from the main menu.

07.jpg  Napoleon (S)

Complete Campaign Mode on Hard difficulty level

This one can be a pain, because some of the levels are absolutely insane on hard. In general, you want to take as many villages as possible as soon as possible so that you can out produce the computer. Some levels require specific strategies, however, that require a lot of trial and error and frankly, luck. Just be persistent and check the forums for help with any specific levels that have you stuck. See here for a video walkthrough, courtesy of frollard: LINK

09.jpg  Collector (S)

Gain 200 rewards in Campaign Mode

The 'rewards' are counted separately from your high scores so once you unlock a reward on a certain level on any difficulty, it counts towards your total forever. I suggest you save this trophy for last. Go to level two (level one doesn't have rewards) and play the level a couple times until you are sure you've unlocked each reward (sans warlord) at least once.

As for the actual rewards, they are:

Warlord - Win by a landslide**

Architect - Improve or convert all of your buildings

Tactician - Be active throughout the game (constantly be moving guys around)

Striker - Capture several houses in a row

Expansionist - Capture as many buildings as possible within the first min of game

Conqueror - Attack with minimal casualties

Defender - Defend your villages with minimal casualties

Inspirer - Get three suns

Strategian - Attack and defend successfully*

*By 'successfully', they mean never lose a village and all your attackers must take the target village.

**For the life of me I can not figure out the actual conditions that unlock warlord, I think it is tied to time of victory but cannot confirm.

Expansionist rewards should come naturally when you go for the Extripator trophy.

There are only 22 levels possible to get the inspirer reward, but it's really easy to get and comes naturally.

11.jpg  Ace (S)

Complete Skirmish on Hard difficulty level

This is easier than it sounds. I found the easiest mode to win is 'Domination'. Just win at least one game on each map on the Hard difficulty.

12.jpg  Torch-bearer (B)(H)

Keep 5th morale level for 25 sec in Single Player

The best map for this trophy is 7. Bilikton, because it is the tutorial level that teaches you about defending and moral. You will need to play it on medium or hard to make sure the computer is aggressive enough. Just defend your villages and don't attack for 30 secs or so, then finish the level and it should unlock.

13.jpg  Escapee (B)(H)

In Single Player capture enemy's village after all own buildings were lost

27. Plavicham is really good for this trophy if you don't get it naturally through playing the campaign. Start the level by sending all your men to one of the 3 villages then once the computer takes control of your other two villages, wait for him to send an attack at your last village. Wait until the wave actually starts hitting your village then send all your men towards whichever tower or town is easiest to take and viola!

14.jpg  Midas (B)(H)

Upgrade the village to the 5th level in Single Player

To do this, you need to have 999 men in the same village. The only real trick to this is that it must be done on a map where you can upgrade enough towns to produce that many men. A fully upgraded 4 hut town makes 80 men so you need a map with at least 14 villages (13 for you to make men and 1 to leave the computer). I used 17. Olhashire on easy.

15.jpg  Encourager (B)(H)

Send a surge containing 1000 units in Single Player

This is self explanatory and easy to get at the same time as the Midas trophy.

16.jpg  Aggressor (B)(H)

Capture 2000 buildings in Single Player

Self-explanatory, this will come naturally whilst playing playthrough the story.

17.jpg  Blighter (B)(H)

Kill your 32000 units in Single Player

Self-explanatory, this will come naturally whilst playing playthrough the story.

Edited by Viper
Guide revisions by Terminator, 14/08/2017.

I have a question about the Conqueror and Defender rewards. Usually, I have been able to get these rewards by simply doing what is required for the Strategian reward - successfully defend and attack every time. But on a handful of levels, even if I never lose a village that has been attacked, and never fail in my own attack, I still don't get those rewards. What do I need to do?

I have a question about the Conqueror and Defender rewards. Usually, I have been able to get these rewards by simply doing what is required for the Strategian reward - successfully defend and attack every time. But on a handful of levels, even if I never lose a village that has been attacked, and never fail in my own attack, I still don't get those rewards. What do I need to do?

It's about the number of people you use to defend and attack. If you look in the stats section after you finish a map you'll notice a couple categories that keep count of things like this...generally if you lose less men in attacking than the CPU you'll get the conqueror & lose less men in defending you'll get the defender.

I know that this game is a real nuisance. Never before has a game made me upset. I've gotten down to the last 2 levels, and I can't beat them. :(

Also, the Encourager trophy... I got the Midas trophy easily enough. And I had way over 1000 men in one of my defense towers, and I sent them all out, and poof, no trophy. Does this have to be done a certain way?

I know that this game is a real nuisance. Never before has a game made me upset. I've gotten down to the last 2 levels, and I can't beat them. :(

Also, the Encourager trophy... I got the Midas trophy easily enough. And I had way over 1000 men in one of my defense towers, and I sent them all out, and poof, no trophy. Does this have to be done a certain way?

I've got the opposite problem. I had 999 men, but didn't get the Midas trophy. But I sent over 1000 men from one tower to an enemy tower, and got the Encourager trophy. It's all bullshit... they can't even get the trophies working.

I've got the opposite problem. I had 999 men, but didn't get the Midas trophy. But I sent over 1000 men from one tower to an enemy tower, and got the Encourager trophy. It's all bullshit... they can't even get the trophies working.

Did you remember to convert the village?

Also a big note: you have to finish the level after doing what is required for a trophy before it will unlock.

Did you remember to convert the village?

Also a big note: you have to finish the level after doing what is required for a trophy before it will unlock.

What do you mean by "convert" the village? I upgraded every single village to max (i.e. can hold 80 men). I then completed the level successfully... in fact the Encourager trophy came up before the level finished. But the Midas one just didn't pop up. The trophy description is perhaps incomplete?

What do you mean by "convert" the village? I upgraded every single village to max (i.e. can hold 80 men). I then completed the level successfully... in fact the Encourager trophy came up before the level finished. But the Midas one just didn't pop up. The trophy description is perhaps incomplete?

You have to move all 999 men into the same village and then you can upgrade it one more time (village then makes 100 men).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide Landulf. I have something to add if you let me.

[/b]

This is solely for the
"Extirpator"
(B)
trophy, which is glitched IMO for reasons I'll go into detail in the guide. I recommend you play the easy difficulty setting exclusively for this purpose until you have earned this trophy.

I can confirm that this trophy is not glitched. However, the highscore table only shows you the leveltime based on the highest points. Meaning if you do it faster with less points the highscore table won't show your fastest time, but it
does
remember it!

I've kept track of my times on paper. Once I beaten the 60minutes minimum on paper I got the trophy. when I accumulated all the scores in the level-table it showed I needed 10 minutes more.

great guide... it's been a huge help... i am however stuck on skirmish triplex IV on hard... it's my last skirmish and it's driving me insane... i've tried it on domination king of the hill and conquest... nothing seems to work... i've watched countless videos but i can't seem to get it right... i'm sure i'll get it one day... but any help would be greatly appreciated

great guide... it's been a huge help... i am however stuck on skirmish triplex IV on hard... it's my last skirmish and it's driving me insane... i've tried it on domination king of the hill and conquest... nothing seems to work... i've watched countless videos but i can't seem to get it right... i'm sure i'll get it one day... but any help would be greatly appreciated

If that's the one I'm thinking of, you have to be super aggressive, attacking out of your region asap. You need to wait just a moment until the ai decides on a course of action - if you go too soon the ai will base its actions on what you do, but if you wait, the ai will have already acted, and its too late for it to change its mind - THAT is when you must strike.

Collector: what a bastard. Try as I might, it just seems impossible, well worth being a gold rather than silver; unless of course I'm mistaken with how to go about getting this trophy. I've gotten every other trophy and this is the only one I'm missing. Currently, I'm at 150 rewards.

Is the only way to get this trophy really to simply play every level until you've won all 9 or 8 trophies? I mean, with 27 levels that means you need an average of roughly 8 to 7 of the awards for each level. What a pain in the ass.

Anyone have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...