Effective way to boost 'Master' trophy

sambowhite2

Okay I just finished up on getting this trophy. Took me a little under a month and was very boring. I'd like to offer my input, as many people attempt to boost this with little success.

What you will need to do:

- For me, there are really no two ways about this. You're going to need 2 control pads & 2 PS3's. Not only does this save you copious amounts of hours, but will likely save you loosing a lot of points (which I'll explain in more detail later). Don't have 2 PS3's? Borrow one of a friend or family member, especially if they have a new shiny PS4 ;)

- You are going to need to play anywhere between the hours of 5.30 AM & 2.30 PM GMT Time on weekdays. This is because the servers are the least busy during this time of day, and you'll likely only encounter a few randoms. If you play at any other time, you may struggle to find your partner for a long time.

- Be prepared to loose points. Fortunately, with this boosting method, we are going to be able to limit those loses.

- Time is another factor. This will take you a while. Took me about 3 weeks after playing 4-6 hours per day, every day.

Method:

1. Enter the game and select ranked match.

2. You will now see a screen where you will need to take note of two important details - Games in progress & Players waiting. Both of these will likely never hit zero for whatever reason, so you will have to investigate the pattern they follow. You are going to want to begin the search when you have worked out there are no other players currently searching, otherwise you'll get matched with them. A way to do this is before playing, create a dummy account and continue searching until no-one else is found for around 20 seconds. If you enter a 3 player game with your 2 PS3 accounts a random, simply quit out with your 'boosting' PS3 (NOT main account) and you won't loose any points. Unfortunately, if you are matched with your main PS3 and a random you'll have to quit out, and will likely loose points (or attempt to play the match, although this slows down the whole process). This will happen occasionally and knock you back points wise, so have patience here. Don't worry about the pattern finding aspect too much, as you play more and more you'll work out what your doing and more importantly when the right time is to search.

3. Okay so now you're in the game 3..2..1.. game starts. Simply press start and exit the game with the second PS3 account and your main PS3 account will be granted a win.

4. From the rank of 1-999 you will receive anywhere between 2 and 12 points for a victory. As soon as you hit rank 1000, you are only going to get 1 measly point per win. This will take some time as you need to reach 2400 for the trophy.

5. Rinse and repeat. Before you search again, if you see an extra player has joined the players waiting list, you're simply going to have to wait until that player has gone / joined another game.

Any questions or feedback welcome.

You think having the second account controlled by human helps? That way we could work together if matched with randoms, then let me win (only I need the trophies).

Errr what?

I said you are going to need another PS3 for this.

The main reason is because there is no way you can both push select and search at virtually the same time. Similarly, there is no way of communication if you see an extra player join - was it your boosting partner, or someone else? No time to tell, and you will likely loose points if you bump into a random.

It would be close to impossible to boost this with anyone else.

Errr what?

I said you are going to need another PS3 for this.

The main reason is because there is no way you can both push select and search at virtually the same time. Similarly, there is no way of communication if you see an extra player join - was it your boosting partner, or someone else? No time to tell, and you will likely loose points if you bump into a random.

It would be close to impossible to boost this with anyone else.

I meant with my friend in the same room.