How to boost the "Master" trophy

B0SS Zombie

Well, looks like the DLC I've dreaded the most since I first started playing videogames has finally crept across seas and reared it's ugly head in America. Now, the trophies aren't THAT bad. Well, 4 of them aren't at least.

Now, that Master trophy is the epitome of horrible trophy design. I've never seen a trophy so unbalanced. Basically, it's almost designed with the intention that not everyone will be able to get it. Because once most people hit the requirements to get the trophy, they will definitely be sick of this online and quit it, meaning that the online community will rapidly decrease.

That's one thing. The OTHER big issue regarding this trophy is that you need an absurd amount of points in the online to get it. Now this isn't your simple "Reach level 50 online" kind of trophy. Oh no. Not by a LOOOOOOOOOOONG shot. Every time you win a match, you gain points. I was averaging around 13 a match, so it will take time to get to the 2,400 required by the trophy. HOWEVER, when you lose (or quit) a match, you lose points as well. The points you lose are pretty even to the points you could win. I started off at 1, then won 3 matches and was at 47, then lost 3 matches and was back at 1. As if that wasn't bad enough, you lose points just by LEAVING the LOBBY. So if you just got beat by someone and start searching for a new match and end up in a lobby with them again, well guess what? Losing to them or quitting the lobby gives you the same point loss.

Now, on to how to actually boost this unholy thing. Unfortunately, it looks like the only way to boost this at all is to pair up with someone and take turns getting to the Master trophy. In other words, each of us has to win ~180 games, then give the other person a turn. Whats more, we'll have to keep searching for each other online, and every time you leave a lobby, you lose points. Once we find each other, we'll have to either kill off the other person (which takes a little bit of time), or if there's a surrender option, that works too. YOU CANNOT JUST QUIT TO LET THE OTHER PERSON WIN, because then you have to search for the person AGAIN, which makes you lose the points you just earn by quitting lobbies. Both people have to actually finish the match, then select "Rematch".

Once one person hit 2,400, the other will be at 1, so then the person who got the master trophy will start losing to the person at 1 to get them up there. The stats will essentially swap by time the other person gets Master (i.e. the original person will now be at 1 and the other will be at 2,400).

If anyone has any boosting tips they'd like to share, PLEASE share them. PLEASE. PRETTY PLEASE.

I agree with you 1000%.

No, one BILLION % to be more precise.

I couldn't have described it any better by myself.

I already read (and wrote) in a lot of other forums about this huge problem with this unfair and broken trophy.

There must be a way to contact the developers. They have to change it. Sadly my English isn't good enough to maybe make the right "impression" to them that could be mandatory in order to actually be successful I'm afraid.

But to get back to your post and topic/question, I think that the way you mentioned how to boost this trophy will not even work.

A few posts already stated that if you win or lose points does not come from if you won or lost the game alone. People even lost points when THE OPPONENT left the game!!

So even if it was time-consuming to "farm" someone up to 2,4k by loosing to him and then let him "feed" you back his points to give you the trophy too, it would be ok for me.

But it doesn't work.

Or is it just the case that you only lose points when you leave the lobby?

I'm still trying those Collector and Hard crap trophies. So I couldn't try it for myself (haven't bought that piece of shit DLC yet).

Man, how I HATE this game...

Edit: I just saw that they changed something regarding the Collect 200 Rewards Trophy so it is now possible to see how many you already got in what level.

That was something that fcked up a whole lot of players too!

(I knew I should make a list so... But they did not of course)

So there is hope!!!

Isn't it??

:)

Edited by klaphood

Well, that's why it seems the only way to actually boost is to just sit there and let the other person beat you. You can't quit or anything. I believe I recall a "White Flag" option for surrendering in the single player. If it exists in the multi, it would make this WAAAAAY easier to boost.

Well, I sent Creat Studios an email:

"Dear Creat Studios,

I recently got a PS3 and was looking for games to download off of it's virtual store and spotted your game "Mushroom Wars". I enjoy strategy games, and Mushroom Wars did not disappoint! It was one of the most up-beat, difficult and enjoyable games I have ever played, and I've been playing videogames for 15 years now. I like to get all of the trophies in a game as well, to really get a sense of playing a game to it's fullest. Of course, I got all of the trophies from the standard game (That one on the hardest difficulty was insane, but the sense of achievement was completely worth it).

Now yesterday I spotted DLC for your game on the Playstation Network Store and bought all of it. I was playing the multiplayer to see just how the experience is against other sentient people, and I noticed a problem. The silver trophy for the DLC, called "Master" is a bit unbalanced. I've played other multiplayer games where you have to hit a certain level or rank online to get a trophy, but there's a nasty little issue with yours. The fact that we lose points for losing, quitting the game, or even quitting the game lobby makes getting this trophy impossible for most players. For instance, I started playing and won my first 3 games and got a total of 47 points. Then I lost against one guy who was leagues better than me and lost some points. Then when I did another game search I wound up in another lobby with the same guy, and rather than lose to him again, quit the lobby. This happened again. After that, I went to search for a new lobby and saw that my points had gone back down to 1. All my effort had been completely nullified. For every player I found that I could beat, I found 3 more who wiped the floor with me.

Basically, the online punishes people for not being better than every other human player in the world. It really puts a bad taste in my mouth for the game and makes me really not want to play it. I tried looking for advice on how to get better and get the trophy, but all I could find regarding advice was to "boost" with another player to get to the points requirement. I really don't want to have to boost, as that completely ruins the online experience. However, I'm not good enough to beat everyone I come across either, so I'm at a standstill.

All that I ask is that you remove the penalties for losing from the game. Don't make people lose points for anything. The game is fun, but why would I want to finish a game I know I will lose if I can just quit right there and save myself time at the cost of another player's complete victory? Please just get rid of the point penalties.

Thank You, and keep up the great games,

NOTMYNAME"

Hopefully they'll actually read it, let alone do something about it.

Really good writing!

I think I will contact them too, even if it may be that I can not find words as good as yours.

Well I think I've got to try that multiplayer by myself (maybe with a friend I found who is playing that game too) and see if it is possible to surrender & rematch and the other persons gets points even if your rating is at 1.

If this would be the case, that thing should be achieveable in very few minutes / maybe an hour.

So I think it's not...

Earned by 0 (0%) of 2,517 game owners.

Well, I sent them another email after thinking about a few things:

"Dear Mr. Fryer,

Me again. I hope you read my previous email, because I have two more addition to the issues I listed. I was playing online again and was winning the match...when my internet cut out. When I got it up and running again, I had lost points as though I had lost the match. Now I understand that this may be a precaution for those who would disconnect their internet on purpose to avoid a loss, but not everyone has the best internet. For instance, my internet completely shuts down sometimes when my house phone gets a call. Meaning that if I'm playing Mushroom Wars online and I get a phone call from a Telemarketer, I lose that match regardless of my actual standing.

My other issue is that there is no option to edit search methods. I can't play in a 4 player round. I just can't. I may not have the mental faculties for it, because to me it's like trying to watch all roads of an intersection at one time. I only like 1 vs. 1 matches, because I can handle those. Barely.

One last thing I want to point out (this isn't so much an issue as it is nitpicking) is that there's a reason no other competitive online game has a ranking system like Mushroom Wars. Yes, most games keep track of wins/losses, but they don't base people's score on that stat. A score in a multiplayer game is designed to reflect a player's devotion to a game, not his actual skill. Every multiplayer game I've ever played has been this way. These include games like any Call of Duty series or Battlefield series game, BioShock 2, Dead Space 2, and even Red Dead Redemption, to name a few. Rank in Mushroom Wars seems like it's designed to show off the handful of people who can constantly plan out all their moves, akin to a Chess Grandmaster. The majority of people that play this game however, are not like those people. We simply can't play like that, and it's not fair to punish us for it. I want to get that Master Trophy, but it doesn't seem like I even have a chance. There's a difference between a Hard trophy (beat Hard campaign mode in Mushroom Wars) and an Impossible trophy/achievement.

And I guarantee you that I'm not the only individual that feels this way. If you want, we could fill out a petition or something just to show you how the community feels.

It's not that I just want the trophy. This game just has a pretty poor online ranking system. Please change it. And please, let me know if you're even reading these emails.

Thanks for your time,

NOTMYNAME"

Something I want to add to this guide is that it can make things easier to make a dummy account that you'll let your boosting partner win against. That way you can take turns and not do it all at once for one person. Thanks to the person that messaged me with the idea.

Something I want to add to this guide is that it can make things easier to make a dummy account that you'll let your boosting partner win against. That way you can take turns and not do it all at once for one person. Thanks to the person that messaged me with the idea.

I'll see what rank I'll be able to get to first.

Hi.

I'm the one that had the idea with the dummi account^^

me and a friend are going to get this damn Master Trophie.

We both have around 1100 points now in about 3 weeks thanks to our meetings and teamplay and i think i'll work better if we find more people to form a team that boosts every single member.

The system we used goes like this: wee boost each other in 250points steps so its rotating all the time and noone abuses the help.

We meet at icq, make a countdown and search for another so that the chance of being in the same match is higher than usual. then we fight against the others the one with the second account looses to the one who is about to be boosted and he gets the points :p and if we are not in the same match.. yeah, than you have to be lucky and hope for no minus points^^

The first one who reaches the master rank uses his "master account" to boost the others more effectively

I would appreciate and welcome everyone who wants to join us so we all can finally get this trophie and have our 100% mushroom wars game!!!^^

I think the system is fair because it's rotating all the time.

so if you want, you can contact me via pn.

and i think with a strong team we all make it in no time!

if they don't want to change the rating than we have to build up an alliance

hope to hear from you

I would join this very instant!

But I have the EU Version of the game and it has just come to my ears that you can only play together if you have the same version.

Are the server's really separated? US/EU?

Would be glad to hear if someone knows this for sure.

Edit: What confuses me about that, is that this game (IF servers are separated) doesn't have several trophy packs for the different versions, like e.g. Demon's Souls has.

So maybe there's a way for me to get on those servers.

But I've got another question about that "dummy way" to help each other out with.

Do you start with a score higher than 1 when you play Online the first time?

Or why is there even a need for this dummy?

I think it's to be able to make turns faster and more often and to keep the same score on your main account at the same time, right?

You said something like 250 points and then the tables turn.

Sounds like a good and fair way also to prevent scam :)

Edited by klaphood

I would join this very instant!

But I have the EU Version of the game and it has just come to my ears that you can only play together if you have the same version.

Are the server's really separated? US/EU?

Would be glad to hear if someone knows this for sure.

Edit: What confuses me about that, is that this game (IF servers are separated) doesn't have several trophy packs for the different versions, like e.g. Demon's Souls has.

So maybe there's a way for me to get on those servers.

But I've got another question about that "dummy way" to help each other out with.

Do you start with a score higher than 1 when you play Online the first time?

Or why is there even a need for this dummy?

I think it's to be able to make turns faster and more often and to keep the same score on your main account at the same time, right?

You said something like 250 points and then the tables turn.

Sounds like a good and fair way also to prevent scam :)

To answer all your questions:

1). All servers are connected. I'm in America and I've played with people from Canada, Germany, Italy, and Spain.

2). The dummy account is so that you have an account you don't mind losing points with, otherwise, you waste all the effort you put into gaining points previously.

Thank you! That's great.

And am I right with assuming your account that you have in Mushroom Wars is defined by the account you're logged in with your Playstation?

Or do you have to create one IN Mushroom Wars and log in there?

Pretty obvious but I just wanna make sure not to make a mistake :)

Thank you! That's great.

And am I right with assuming your account that you have in Mushroom Wars is defined by the account you're logged in with your Playstation?

Or do you have to create one IN Mushroom Wars and log in there?

Pretty obvious but I just wanna make sure not to make a mistake :)

It's by the account you're logged in with on your Playstation.

Just something to mention regarding the first post.. the problem is 1) even if you get a match with the person you're boosting with, it can have up to 4 players.. so there's a fair chance there'll be one or two more people you'll have to kill off.. 2) as you level up you'll get less and less points for beating someone that much lower rank than you, so at the start you may well get 13 points, but it'll go down to probably 1 over time, meaning it could be as much as 1000 matches you'd need to win. Or it may infact be impossible to gain points from someone you're that much higher level than. And as I've mentioned before, you can lose points for winning so that may explain that.. needless to say if that's the case that's a pretty damn messed up system that needs fixing.

Is it still only 1 person in the world who has this trophy btw? After so so many months..

Even after reading your method i still cant see how it would work.

And yeah, one of the things that pissed me off the most was that i would lose points for leaving the lobby, or because i got disconnect, or even because i lost connection to the server! The last two weren't my fault, so why am i losing points for them? Makes no sense!

And did you ever get a reply from them BOSS Zombie?

I really wish they would say something about the feedback they are getting.

Even after reading your method i still cant see how it would work.

And yeah, one of the things that pissed me off the most was that i would lose points for leaving the lobby, or because i got disconnect, or even because i lost connection to the server! The last two weren't my fault, so why am i losing points for them? Makes no sense!

And did you ever get a reply from them BOSS Zombie?

I really wish they would say something about the feedback they are getting.

Nothing. Not a word. I even posted on the main guy's blog on the PSN site, and he never responded.

You can plug out your internet cable. So it's makes sense a little )

You can plug out your internet cable. So it's makes sense a little )

You got me there, but that would only explain one of the situations.

Every time i would lose connection to the server, i wouldn't lose connection to the psn, so i was still online.

I dont know man, it just seems like they didnt thought this whole online add-on trough. Lets see if it gets better with time.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. I have got an atomic butthurt for you (so for myself). Someone in the thread said, that for now just one person of 2,5k have got this trophy. Do you know who and how? It's my countryman who has got this trophy by server glitch for 4 HOURS! How? Every single match he started was won by him in 10 seconds, here's [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTd5Ie1-H40&feature=channel_video_title]the proof[/ame]

He says he's not a cheater, just seems the server is alive since it takes your experience whenever it wants, gives points in random order.

Anyways, here's the only one in this world have got 100% in this unholy thing, still he doesn't even 100% everything (here's his card), so he would feel OK not to get 100% while someone here (me, for example) feels bad that that's the only game I can't have 100% in.

Here's what he said in the trophy guide to the "Master" trophy: "5-6 недель непрерывной игры , 1.9-2.0 процента побед , 2400 рейтинга и трофей в кормане.. либо у вас с игрой случиться глюк (как у меня) и вы заработаете его за 4 часа)))", which translated like: "5-6 weeks of non-stop game, 1.9-2.0% of wins, 2400 of rating and the trophy is yours... otherwise you've got a glitch in the game (like I have) and you obtain it in 4 hours.)))))" So he didn't have to do anything - he just started any much and won everyone, whose were loosing rating.

All this means, that no one still haven't got the trophy even with boosting. Don't know why, it seemed a good idea to use two accounts.

I haven't bought the on-line DLC, yet, but I have a guess why you can win and loose points. As you know, in single player you obtain medals for doing certain things. Maybe, you have to obtain some minimum amount of medals in the battle not to have a negative rating. With all that, maybe you don't have to win all the time, maybe it's enough to obtain many medals.

You might know, or might not know, that Mushroom Wars is fully made by Russians. If you see the credits - all the names you are Russian. Maybe, if I send them a letter in their native language, they may pay attention to it. Don't know.