XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > > >

Old 01-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
Hoagie324

Default Assassin's Creed Revelations Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Overview:

Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 (unless boosting)
Offline: 0
Online: 6
 (3, 3)
Approximate amount of time to 100%: 1-10 hours (Depends if you boost or not)
Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

Number of missable trophies: None
Glitched trophies: None
Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available

Roadmap:

1. Obtain All Trophies
There really isn't any sure-fire way to go about getting these trophies, so go at it however you wish and in whichever order you prefer. Note that it's rather hard to find a match that is actually on the map and game mode you will need for trophies, so it may be easier to boost. You can find boosting partners here: Trophy Boosting Thread. Note that if boosting, most trophies will require three players, and one will require four (Carnival) to even start the private match.

If you need any further hints to obtain these trophies in a boosting match, this thread is rather useful: Tips for these trophies. Also, for added help, look to posts #7,#8 and #9 below.

Carnival
Stay blended for 3 minutes during a Wanted session in Siena

CAN BE BOOSTED IN A PRIVATE MATCH: Requires 4 players
This trophy’s description is rather misleading as you don’t have to be blended for three minutes straight, but instead have to blend for a cumulative total of three minutes. Simply find a group of people standing around (NPC’s) and join the group. The trophy will pop after three minutes have passed in total. Ensure that you are playing the game type “Wanted” on the map “Siena” otherwise you will be unable to get this.

Wild Rage
Perform 3 Stuns without dying in Jerusalem

CAN BE BOOSTED IN A PRIVATE MATCH: Requires 2 players
This trophy can be done in a public match, but would be rather difficult due to the ‘contested kill’ system that is in place. An easier way to get this is by using a smoke bomb as your pursuer is coming after you to stop them in their tracks and to give yourself time to stun your enemy. To obtain this trophy, you have to stun three enemies in a row without being killed. To stun an enemy, you must press the button before they attack you, stopping them in their tracks and making them lose you as a target. This can be done on any game mode as long as the map “Jerusalem” is chosen.

Restrained Violence
Obtain 5 Kill Assist bonuses during a session of any team mode in Dyers

CAN BE BOOSTED IN A PRIVATE MATCH: Requires 3 Players
To get this trophy, you must obtain a total of five kill assist bonuses. You get this by targeting an enemy with and letting another Templar on your team kill the enemy. Target as many enemies as you can and let your team dispatch them. Upon the fifth enemy’s death, the trophy will pop. Ensure that you are in a TEAM mode game (Manhunt, Capture the Chest, etc…) and not a PVP mode game (Wanted, etc…) on the map “Dyers”, as the trophy will only pop during team games on this map.

NOTE: When I was boosting this trophy, I noticed something strange that works in your favour. If the person who kills the enemy AND the person that doesn’t both target the enemy before he is killed, both will receive the bonus and earn the trophy after five enemies have been killed. This speeds boosting along a tad bit quicker, but isn’t totally necessary as only five kills are needed.

Straw Hat
Perform 2 kills from haystacks during a session in San Donato

CAN BE BOOSTED IN A PRIVATE MATCH OR EARNED IN TRAINING GROUND
Hide in any haystack (or leaf pile) and kill your enemy twice to get this trophy. This is easiest done boosting, but can be done legit with a bit of luck. When the enemy comes by you in the haystack, press to initiate a kill before they get out of range. Simply do this twice for the trophy. Ensure that you are on the map “San Donato”. Any game mode will work for this one. (NOTE: Iussus pointed out that this trophy can in fact also be earned in 'training ground', so if you would like to not play an online match for this, that is just another alternative.)

The Spice of Life
Obtain 2 Variety bonuses during a session in Firenze.

CAN BE BOOSTED IN A PRIVATE MATCH OR EARNED IN TRAINING GROUND
The bonus “Greater Variety” must be earned in order for this trophy to pop. Just perform actions until the bonus pops. Note that it’s a bit easier if you have poison or the gun unlocked. Here’s a possible list of bonuses to go through (much easier done if you are boosting):

1: First Blood (Can be done with the following three bonuses, or separately. Just be the first one to kill in the game session)
2: Hidden Kill (Hide in a haystack and kill your target)
3: Focus (Can be done with hidden kill, ensure the meter around the button is completely full and flashing)
4: Incognito (Can also be done with hidden kill, just hide until your kill meter is full (“incognito”) and then kill your enemy.
5: Ledge Kill (Hang on the side of a building with your target above you, and kill them while they are above you on the roof)
6: Acrobatic Kill (Get on any of the narrow walkways connecting between buildings and kill your target from there when they come within range)
7: Gun Kill (You must be level 17 to have the gun, simply kill your target with the gun to get this bonus)
8: Silent (Kill your enemy when your kill meter displays “silent”)
9: Discreet (Kill your enemy when your kill meter displays “discreet”)
10: Reckless (Kill your enemy when your kill meter displays “reckless”)
(Greater Variety should unlock, also unlocking the trophy. )

This is just one of many possible combinations to unlock the “Greater Variety” bonus. Many other bonuses can be used to get to this, just ensure that there are ten different bonuses in total. Also ensure that you are playing any game type on the map “Firenze”.

NOTE that this trophy can also be obtained in Training Ground. A big thanks to ps3trophies user Moving On for the following explanation:

Quote:
Okay, I just finished my extensive experimenting and you indeed can get Greater Variety on the Training Ground. There's a few key things you have to keep in mind.

Aerial Kill does not count towards variety. I was pretty sure it didn't, but I made sure and checked it this morning. The Aerial Kill is just another way to say "Kill" and it doesn't count as a bonus.

Variety does not count towards variety. Again, I was pretty sure it didn't, but I made sure and checked this, too. So upon getting "Variety", your bonus count doesn't go up to 6, it stays at 5. Greater Variety doesn't count either, so after getting that bonus, you're at 10 bonuses instead of 11.

Streak bonuses do count towards variety. I'm actually not sure if this was the case in Brotherhood, but I had noticed it a couple of times in Revelations over the past few months.

Animus Hack does count towards variety. Interestingly enough, this is a bonus separate from the Streak bonus and there's the key to getting Greater Variety on the Training Ground: only by using the Animus Hack streak can you actually get those 10 bonuses. Keep in mind that the bonus "Animus Hack" only shows up when you actually kill a pursuer (impossible on Training Ground) or your true target. Killing a non-target NPC will not give you points or the bonus.

So here's the list you need to get the Greater Variety bonus on the Training Ground.

1. Incognito
2. Silent
3. Discreet
4. Reckless
5. Focus
6. Hidden
7. Poison
8. Acrobatic
9. Streak
10. Animus Hack

I've read somewhere else that it should be possible to also get the Execution bonus if you bring the Hidden Gun and start a chase with your NPC target. I tried that, but couldn't get the bonus and in general, it sounds like too much of a hassle. The list above is enough to get Greater Variety (remember to pick Florence as your map, though) if you use an ability set that has Poison and one of the two Animus kill streaks (preferably the 9 kill version, so even kills below Silent count).
Up and Down
Perform 5 Leaps of Faith during a session of Assassinate in Imperial District

CAN BE BOOSTED IN A PRIVATE MATCH: Requires 2 Players
This trophy is very easy to obtain. To get this, simply climb on the roof of a building that is next to a haystack. Perform 5 Leaps of Faith (jump from the roof into the haystack/leaf pile below) to unlock this trophy. Note that you must be playing the game mode “Assassinate” on the map “Imperial”.

You can add me for boosting, but please realize I get a lot of requests and boost quite a bit, so you most likely will be deleted in the long run.

NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS ACCEPTED!

Last edited by Hoagie324; 12-12-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Editorial Sweep
Hoagie324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
robpoole

good work on the guide. looking forward to cracking through these trophies right now.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
Moving On

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie324 View Post
Obtain 2 Variety bonuses during a session in Firenze.

The bonus “Extreme Variety” must be earned in order for this trophy to pop.
There are a few things I will comment on later, but this is the most important one, because it is factually wrong.

You don't need Extreme Variety (which is 15 bonuses), but you'll need Greater Variety (which is 10 bonuses). Getting Extreme Variety in Revelations is a whole lot easier than it was in Brotherhood, but still, the developers thankfully haven't made a trophy (yet?) that requires the hardest of the Variety bonuses.

In short, Variety unlocks after 5 bonuses and Greater Variety (and the DLC trophy) after 10. No Extreme Variety needed here.
Moving On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
Ceromorth

Small correction, you need Greater Variety (10 Bonuses) not Extreme Variety (15 Bonuses
Ceromorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
Iussus

Straw Hat can be done in Training Ground. I just got that trophy.

I'll update if I can get any more trophies from Training Ground.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
Hoagie324

Thank you guys, I did type the wrong variety bonus though my explanation was correct. I'll change that right away.

And thank you, Iussus, I'll add that to the guide.

You can add me for boosting, but please realize I get a lot of requests and boost quite a bit, so you most likely will be deleted in the long run.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
Moving On

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie324 View Post
And thank you, Iussus, I'll add that to the guide.
As an added bit of info for getting that trophy on Training Ground: you'll have to be patient, because not every single NPC target you'll get is going to walk close to a haystack. Sometimes the target simply wanders off into a static blend group and won't come out, even if you walk up to him and try to push him out of it. If that happens, kill your target and wait for a new one. Eventually, you're bound to get a target that walks by a haystack.

Since Training Ground has no time limit, you can kill as many NPC targets as you need.

Also, if people are trying to get this in a regular match against other players, remember the little trick that used to give you a free Hidden in Brotherhood: if your target is hiding in a haystack, don't just run up and hit the kill button. Instead, lock onto the haystack and jump in yourself. You'll push out your target, your lock will still be on that target... and you can instantly kill him from your haystack.

This trick no longer gives you a Hidden bonus in Revelations, but for this trophy, it's still a very good way to go about it. Should work well in team modes where your targets are hiding and in FFA modes where other players might be hiding in the haystacks hoping for this same trophy.
Moving On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
Iussus

In Training Ground, there is a certain haystack that I got both of mine on. It was the one circled in red on this map. Targets tend to wander in a circle around the nearby building next to this haystack, so it's only a matter of killing/canceling contracts until you get one that wanders. Note, however, that they sometimes like to go to a blend group in a corner very near this haystack, so it'll take a little time to get this trophy to pop.

It's possible to get the trophies on some of the other haystacks in Training Ground, but it's a lot harder. The farthest southwest haystack is the next logical choice, imo.

Last edited by Iussus; 01-25-2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Fixed image resolution.
Iussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #9
Metalas

Send a message via MSN to Metalas
Wink Straw Hat trophy!

Well about the straw hat trophy you can easily obtain it in a session of Chest Capture. You see when you are from the side of the hunters, enemy players approach the chests in order to steal them, so if you hide in a haystack near a chest you can easily get a kill especially in Revelations as you can kill in a bigger range from haystacks. Just a tip!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #10
Hoagie324

Thanks to everybody above for all the tips. I can't include them because adding all will go over the character limit, but I'll put a reference to them in the trophy guide.

Last edited by Hoagie324; 03-20-2012 at 11:20 PM.