Assassin's Creed Revelations Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Hoagie324

Overview:

Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 (unless boosting)

Offline: 0

Online: 6
 (3 (B), 3 (S))  

Approximate amount of time to 100%: 1-10 hours (Depends if you boost or not)

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

Number of missable trophies: None

Glitched trophies: None

Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available

Roadmap:

1. Obtain All Trophies

There really isn't any sure-fire way to go about getting these trophies, so go at it however you wish and in whichever order you prefer. Note that it's rather hard to find a match that is actually on the map and game mode you will need for trophies, so it may be easier to boost. You can find boosting partners here: Trophy Boosting Thread. Note that if boosting, most trophies will require three players, and one will require four (Carnival) to even start the private match.

If you need any further hints to obtain these trophies in a boosting match, this thread is rather useful: Tips for these trophies. Also, for added help, look to posts #7,#8 and #9 below.

55.jpg Carnival (B)

Stay blended for 3 minutes during a Wanted session in Siena

CAN BE BOOSTED IN A PRIVATE MATCH: Requires 4 players

This trophy’s description is rather misleading as you don’t have to be blended for three minutes straight, but instead have to blend for a cumulative total of three minutes. Simply find a group of people standing around (NPC’s) and join the group. The trophy will pop after three minutes have passed in total. Ensure that you are playing the game type “Wanted” on the map “Siena” otherwise you will be unable to get this.

56.jpg Wild Rage (S)

Perform 3 Stuns without dying in Jerusalem

CAN BE BOOSTED IN A PRIVATE MATCH: Requires 2 players

This trophy can be done in a public match, but would be rather difficult due to the ‘contested kill’ system that is in place. An easier way to get this is by using a smoke bomb as your pursuer is coming after you to stop them in their tracks and to give yourself time to stun your enemy. To obtain this trophy, you have to stun three enemies in a row without being killed. To stun an enemy, you must press the :circle: button before they attack you, stopping them in their tracks and making them lose you as a target. This can be done on any game mode as long as the map “Jerusalem” is chosen.

57.jpg Restrained Violence (B)

Obtain 5 Kill Assist bonuses during a session of any team mode in Dyers

CAN BE BOOSTED IN A PRIVATE MATCH: Requires 3 Players

To get this trophy, you must obtain a total of five kill assist bonuses. You get this by targeting an enemy with :l1: and letting another Templar on your team kill the enemy. Target as many enemies as you can and let your team dispatch them. Upon the fifth enemy’s death, the trophy will pop. Ensure that you are in a TEAM mode game (Manhunt, Capture the Chest, etc…) and not a PVP mode game (Wanted, etc…) on the map “Dyers”, as the trophy will only pop during team games on this map.

NOTE: When I was boosting this trophy, I noticed something strange that works in your favour. If the person who kills the enemy AND the person that doesn’t both target the enemy before he is killed, both will receive the bonus and earn the trophy after five enemies have been killed. This speeds boosting along a tad bit quicker, but isn’t totally necessary as only five kills are needed.

58.jpg Straw Hat (S)

Perform 2 kills from haystacks during a session in San Donato

CAN BE BOOSTED IN A PRIVATE MATCH OR EARNED IN TRAINING GROUND

Hide in any haystack (or leaf pile) and kill your enemy twice to get this trophy. This is easiest done boosting, but can be done legit with a bit of luck. When the enemy comes by you in the haystack, press :square: to initiate a kill before they get out of range. Simply do this twice for the trophy. Ensure that you are on the map “San Donato”. Any game mode will work for this one. (NOTE: Iussus pointed out that this trophy can in fact also be earned in 'training ground', so if you would like to not play an online match for this, that is just another alternative.)

59.jpg The Spice of Life (S)

Obtain 2 Variety bonuses during a session in Firenze.

CAN BE BOOSTED IN A PRIVATE MATCH OR EARNED IN TRAINING GROUND

The bonus “Greater Variety” must be earned in order for this trophy to pop. Just perform actions until the bonus pops. Note that it’s a bit easier if you have poison or the gun unlocked. Here’s a possible list of bonuses to go through (much easier done if you are boosting):

1: First Blood (Can be done with the following three bonuses, or separately. Just be the first one to kill in the game session)

2: Hidden Kill (Hide in a haystack and kill your target)

3: Focus (Can be done with hidden kill, ensure the meter around the :square: button is completely full and flashing)

4: Incognito (Can also be done with hidden kill, just hide until your kill meter is full (“incognito”) and then kill your enemy.

5: Ledge Kill (Hang on the side of a building with your target above you, and kill them while they are above you on the roof)

6: Acrobatic Kill (Get on any of the narrow walkways connecting between buildings and kill your target from there when they come within range)

7: Gun Kill (You must be level 17 to have the gun, simply kill your target with the gun to get this bonus)

8: Silent (Kill your enemy when your kill meter displays “silent”)

9: Discreet (Kill your enemy when your kill meter displays “discreet”)

10: Reckless (Kill your enemy when your kill meter displays “reckless”)

(Greater Variety should unlock, also unlocking the trophy. )

This is just one of many possible combinations to unlock the “Greater Variety” bonus. Many other bonuses can be used to get to this, just ensure that there are ten different bonuses in total. Also ensure that you are playing any game type on the map “Firenze”.

NOTE that this trophy can also be obtained in Training Ground. A big thanks to ps3trophies user Moving On for the following explanation:

Okay, I just finished my extensive experimenting and you indeed can get Greater Variety on the Training Ground. There's a few key things you have to keep in mind.

Aerial Kill does not count towards variety. I was pretty sure it didn't, but I made sure and checked it this morning. The Aerial Kill is just another way to say "Kill" and it doesn't count as a bonus.

Variety does not count towards variety. Again, I was pretty sure it didn't, but I made sure and checked this, too. So upon getting "Variety", your bonus count doesn't go up to 6, it stays at 5. Greater Variety doesn't count either, so after getting that bonus, you're at 10 bonuses instead of 11.

Streak bonuses do count towards variety. I'm actually not sure if this was the case in Brotherhood, but I had noticed it a couple of times in Revelations over the past few months.

Animus Hack does count towards variety. Interestingly enough, this is a bonus separate from the Streak bonus and there's the key to getting Greater Variety on the Training Ground: only by using the Animus Hack streak can you actually get those 10 bonuses. Keep in mind that the bonus "Animus Hack" only shows up when you actually kill a pursuer (impossible on Training Ground) or your true target. Killing a non-target NPC will not give you points or the bonus.

So here's the list you need to get the Greater Variety bonus on the Training Ground.

1. Incognito

2. Silent

3. Discreet

4. Reckless

5. Focus

6. Hidden

7. Poison

8. Acrobatic

9. Streak

10. Animus Hack

I've read somewhere else that it should be possible to also get the Execution bonus if you bring the Hidden Gun and start a chase with your NPC target. I tried that, but couldn't get the bonus and in general, it sounds like too much of a hassle. The list above is enough to get Greater Variety (remember to pick Florence as your map, though) if you use an ability set that has Poison and one of the two Animus kill streaks (preferably the 9 kill version, so even kills below Silent count).

60.jpg Up and Down (B)

Perform 5 Leaps of Faith during a session of Assassinate in Imperial District

CAN BE BOOSTED IN A PRIVATE MATCH: Requires 2 Players

This trophy is very easy to obtain. To get this, simply climb on the roof of a building that is next to a haystack. Perform 5 Leaps of Faith (jump from the roof into the haystack/leaf pile below) to unlock this trophy. Note that you must be playing the game mode “Assassinate” on the map “Imperial”.

Edited by Viper
Fixed spacing issues.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obtain 2 Variety bonuses during a session in Firenze.

The bonus “Extreme Variety” must be earned in order for this trophy to pop.

There are a few things I will comment on later, but this is the most important one, because it is factually wrong.

You don't need Extreme Variety (which is 15 bonuses), but you'll need Greater Variety (which is 10 bonuses). Getting Extreme Variety in Revelations is a whole lot easier than it was in Brotherhood, but still, the developers thankfully haven't made a trophy (yet?) that requires the hardest of the Variety bonuses.

In short, Variety unlocks after 5 bonuses and Greater Variety (and the DLC trophy) after 10. No Extreme Variety needed here.

And thank you, Iussus, I'll add that to the guide.

As an added bit of info for getting that trophy on Training Ground: you'll have to be patient, because not every single NPC target you'll get is going to walk close to a haystack. Sometimes the target simply wanders off into a static blend group and won't come out, even if you walk up to him and try to push him out of it. If that happens, kill your target and wait for a new one. Eventually, you're bound to get a target that walks by a haystack.

Since Training Ground has no time limit, you can kill as many NPC targets as you need.

Also, if people are trying to get this in a regular match against other players, remember the little trick that used to give you a free Hidden in Brotherhood: if your target is hiding in a haystack, don't just run up and hit the kill button. Instead, lock onto the haystack and jump in yourself. You'll push out your target, your lock will still be on that target... and you can instantly kill him from your haystack.

This trick no longer gives you a Hidden bonus in Revelations, but for this trophy, it's still a very good way to go about it. Should work well in team modes where your targets are hiding and in FFA modes where other players might be hiding in the haystacks hoping for this same trophy. ;)

In Training Ground, there is a certain haystack that I got both of mine on. It was the one circled in red on this map. Targets tend to wander in a circle around the nearby building next to this haystack, so it's only a matter of killing/canceling contracts until you get one that wanders. Note, however, that they sometimes like to go to a blend group in a corner very near this haystack, so it'll take a little time to get this trophy to pop.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7174/458pxsandonatompmap.jpg

It's possible to get the trophies on some of the other haystacks in Training Ground, but it's a lot harder. The farthest southwest haystack is the next logical choice, imo.

Edited by Iussus
Fixed image resolution.

Well about the straw hat trophy you can easily obtain it in a session of Chest Capture. You see when you are from the side of the hunters, enemy players approach the chests in order to steal them, so if you hide in a haystack near a chest you can easily get a kill especially in Revelations as you can kill in a bigger range from haystacks. Just a tip!:D:D

Not the easiest method but you can also get 'The Spice of Life' in Training Grounds (thank you Iussus for suggesting this mode).

Abilities I used:

Abilty 1/2: Poison

Kill Streak: Animus Hack or Silent Animus Hack

Bonuses I got (can't remember the order):

1. Aerial Kill

2. Acrobatic Kill

3. Hidden Kill

4. Reckless

5. Discreet

6. Silent

7. Incognito

8. Focus

9. Poison

10. Animus Hack (9 Kills Streak) or Silent Animus Hack (7 Silent Kills Streak)

10. Animus Hack (9 Kills Streak) or Silent Animus Hack (7 Silent Kills Streak)

Read this just now on the sister site. I had totally forgotten that a streak bonus counts towards your variety. With it, you'll indeed be able to get this trophy on Training Ground.

In theory, you should also be able to get it using a regular Kill Streak (the 3 or 5 kills one) instead of the Animus Hack... but I'll do a little experimenting with that today and let you guys know.

Okay, I just finished my extensive experimenting and you indeed can get Greater Variety on the Training Ground. There's a few key things you have to keep in mind.

Aerial Kill does not count towards variety. I was pretty sure it didn't, but I made sure and checked it this morning. The Aerial Kill is just another way to say "Kill" and it doesn't count as a bonus.

Variety does not count towards variety. Again, I was pretty sure it didn't, but I made sure and checked this, too. So upon getting "Variety", your bonus count doesn't go up to 6, it stays at 5. Greater Variety doesn't count either, so after getting that bonus, you're at 10 bonuses instead of 11.

Streak bonuses do count towards variety. I'm actually not sure if this was the case in Brotherhood, but I had noticed it a couple of times in Revelations over the past few months.

Animus Hack does count towards variety. Interestingly enough, this is a bonus separate from the Streak bonus and there's the key to getting Greater Variety on the Training Ground: only by using the Animus Hack streak can you actually get those 10 bonuses. Keep in mind that the bonus "Animus Hack" only shows up when you actually kill a pursuer (impossible on Training Ground) or your true target. Killing a non-target NPC will not give you points or the bonus.

So here's the list you need to get the Greater Variety bonus on the Training Ground.

1. Incognito

2. Silent

3. Discreet

4. Reckless

5. Focus

6. Hidden

7. Poison

8. Acrobatic

9. Streak

10. Animus Hack

I've read somewhere else that it should be possible to also get the Execution bonus if you bring the Hidden Gun and start a chase with your NPC target. I tried that, but couldn't get the bonus and in general, it sounds like too much of a hassle. The list above is enough to get Greater Variety (remember to pick Florence as your map, though) if you use an ability set that has Poison and one of the two Animus kill streaks (preferably the 9 kill version, so even kills below Silent count).

Edited by Moving On
Typo

How do you preform an animus hack? I do the streak and get the icon on the screen, but how do you use it?

Once you activate your Animus Hack streak, you can kill anyone, no matter how nearby or how far away they are, for 30 seconds. In a "real" game, you can then kill your real target, your pursuers and any other human player who is neither your target or your pursuer. All these kills give you 100 points. Killing an NPC will get you nothing.

So in order to get the Animus Hack bonus when you're trying for the Greater Variety trophy on Florence, you need to kill your next NPC target. He'll spawn right away after you killed your last target and activated the streak... so then you'll have 30 seconds to run over to his location and kill him from a distance: lock onto him and hit the kill button when you see it appear over his head. Killing him up close, regularly (with a regular kill animation), probably doesn't count as an Animus Hack bonus... although I haven't tested this.

Can you even play assassinate on imperial ffs, played the dlc for hours yesterday and today but not once has imperial come up.............

That's the only trophy I'm currently missing, too. Getting into a Wanted on Siena took me a while, but at least people were playing that mode and when it finally came up, you could see everybody was blending, because the score was 0 for the first few minutes. ;)

Haven't been able to get a single Assassinate match on the new maps yet. When it searches for lobbies, the game says "1/4", so apparently, there are only four lobbies going... compared to the 40-50 it searches with the retail game maps. And every single time, the game decides it cannot connect to anything, so it'll throw me into Simple Deathmatch or Artifact Assault instead. Pretty annoying.

That's the only trophy I'm currently missing, too. Getting into a Wanted on Siena took me a while, but at least people were playing that mode and when it finally came up, you could see everybody was blending, because the score was 0 for the first few minutes. ;)

Haven't been able to get a single Assassinate match on the new maps yet. When it searches for lobbies, the game says "1/4", so apparently, there are only four lobbies going... compared to the 40-50 it searches with the retail game maps. And every single time, the game decides it cannot connect to anything, so it'll throw me into Simple Deathmatch or Artifact Assault instead. Pretty annoying.

Indeed I would prefer an option to wait for assassinate rather than the game deciding I would like deathmatch or wanted instead. NO I WANT ASSASSINATE!

Indeed I would prefer an option to wait for assassinate rather than the game deciding I would like deathmatch or wanted instead. NO I WANT ASSASSINATE!

True. I understand why Ubisoft implemented this: they want to get you into a game as soon as possible, because the long waiting times were among the major complaints about Brotherhood. But throwing you into Simple Deathmatch when you want to play Manhunt, or into Artifact Assault when you want to play Assassinate... that's just dumb. If I wanted to play another mode, I'll pick another mode myself.

There's really no sure way to get this, as often when you press :circle: on your pursuer, it will end in a contested kill instead of a stun. I suggest going to the boosting thread and finding partners there if possible, as getting it legit will be much harder and prone to irritate the player.

Any tips/perks that would aid with 3 stuns in a row? It's the only trophy I have left and I haven't boosted any...but I might have to for this one. Can barely get 3 stuns in a game, let alone in a row.

I'll let you in on a trade secret: you can use abilities during a stun or kill animation. This is key to getting some nice points and to getting this trophy. Pick a profile set with Smoke and Charge. If you see two or three pursuers coming in hot (let's say, in Manhunt)... charge into the first and immediately drop Smoke. Chances are, one or two of the other pursuers are caught in your smoke as you are stunning the first pursuer, leaving you enough time to get one or two stuns more.

If you have Crafting available (after level 30), craft Smoke with 2 points in Duration. That way, you can get three stuns in one Smoke Bomb.

Just a quick question...

Are all of these trophies boostable with just 2 players ??

The trophies for staying blended for 3 minutes and for doing 5 leaps of faith can be done on your own in regular matches, the trophies for 2 haystack kills and Greater Variety can be done on your own in Training Ground... so that leaves the trophy for 3 stuns without dying and for 5 assists.

The trophy for 3 stuns can be boosted with two players.

The trophy for 5 assists cannot, because you need at least one target and one teammate for that to work.