AC: Revelations - The Ancestors Character Pack - Trophy Guide

cN9fGcf.png 

Overview:

• Estimated Difficulty: 3/10
  • Approximate Time To 100%: 1++ hours
  • Trophy Breakdown: 3 (B) 1 (S) 0 (G) 
  • Offline: -
  • Online: 3 (B) 1 (S) (:psn: Pass Required, 3-Day Trial Pass available)

Introduction

The first dlc for Revelations adds 4 new MP skins and 4 new trophies, 1 relating to each of the new skins. The trophies themselves aren't too bad, the annoying part of the dlc is actually getting to use the desired skin in a MP match, especially manhunt. You will need to get to level 20 to have access to all the abilities you need for the trophies as well as a total of 155 Abstergo Credits to buy them. Getting to 20 is a trophy in the core game anyway. All the trophies can be boosted in a private match with 2 people with the exception of "The Vulture", for which you will need 3.

Trophy Guide

51.jpg Stopped Dead (B)

Obtain 3 Hidden Gun kills during a session of Steal The Artifact as The Corsair (Multiplayer).

The Corsair:

gnNGAlD.png 

Hidden Gun - Reach level 17 and purchase for 50 Abstergo Credits.

Once you have the hidden gun, make sure you create an ability set that has it selected so you can use it in a match. Search for a game of Steal the Artifact under the Free For All heading. Wait for someone to pick up the artifact so that you have a target then just go after them and use the hidden gun to take them out. You can kill from a reasonable distance so can stick to the rooftops if you want. You have 10 minutes to get 3 kills, you will have to wait for the ability to cool down after using it though, I had the perk that decreases cool downs on although it doesn't make a huge difference.

This can be boosted in a private match with 2 people. See boosting thread.

52.jpg The Vulture (B)

Obtain 5 Ground Finish bonuses in Manhunt during a session as The Brigand (Multiplayer).

The Brigand:

y5aVwL2.png 

Credit to Ryukori for the picture.

You don't need to buy any abilities for this one. The trophy itself isn't that hard, the annoying part is actually getting a game of manhunt using The Brigand skin, since only 1 on a team gets to choose. So if you can I'd recommend boosting it since it can get a bit annoying. Every time a team mate gets a kill, you can perform a ground finish for a window of a few seconds, so stick close to your team mates and when they kill an enemy, run up to their body and press :square: when prompted, it makes it easier if you lock on before they get killed. Do this 5 times in a match. As long as you concentrate on it and not on getting kills yourself you should be able to get it.

This can be boosted in a private match with 3 people. See boosting thread.

53.jpg Pirate's Bravery (S)

Use the Bodyguard against your pursuer as The Privateer (Multiplayer).

The Privateer:

1Y5g8Rb.png 

Bodyguard - Reach level 15 and purchase for 50 Abstergo Credits.

Buy the bodyguard ability and then create an ability set that has it selected so you can use it in a match. Now the trophy doesn't specify a game mode to try this in, but for me it never unlocked during Wanted match after several attempts. It unlocked in Steal The Artifact first time though. Once you get the artifact and hide, it shouldn't be long before pursuers are on you. Use the bodyguard ability when they get close and a member of the group you are hidden in will go and try to stun the enemy, and they have to stun them for you to get the trophy. Again, much quicker and easier when boosting.

54.jpg The Juggernaut (B)

Perform 3 kills using the Charge as The Gladiator (Multiplayer).

The Gladiator:

eHsE2Tt.png 

Charge - Reach level 20 and purchase for 55 Abstergo Credits.

Buy the charge ability and then create an ability set that has it selected so you can use it in a match. Again, this one doesn't specify a game mode so you can do it in any you like. I did this in Steal the Artifact, though it's hard to recommend. Wanted is quite good for it, since it's free for all and you get to pick your skin, try to be quick at the start of a match to get the gladiator. Then for the full 10 minutes you'll always have a target to go for. The charge ability lets you close in quickly and kill your target, dispersing crowds as you go. There isn't a whole lot of margin for error though so it can be quite easy to miss, much easier when your target is stationary. If boosting, do it in Steal the Artifact. Since it's free for all and only needs 2 to start a private match, you can work on 2 of the other dlc trophies in this game mode with 2 people (All except "The Vulture") so it's pretty convenient.

Edited by Viper
Replaced missing images.

Just a bit of info on The Juggernaut.

It can be boosted solo in training (how I got it) so finding a boosting partner isn't necessary. While Charge can be a bit of pain in the ass, it's not necessary to get all three kills in a single session because I unlocked it after getting one kill in a training session then two more in another, so if a person wants do it legit then it can be done over several games if unable to do them in one game.

Thanks for the detailed guide, though I'm not sure I would go for the character pack. Looking forward to the Map pack instead, the characters seem a bit.... not worth $3.99. :\ I wouldn't mind buying it for $1.99 or maybe $2.99, but $4? Not worth $4 IMO.

It's not worth it. The real appeal to players like myself is unlocking the trophies. I'm not a fan of AC online, I'd rather avoid if it possible and if it's not bad enough the game came with these trophy sets at launch, the DLC itself is only 1.9mb making me wonder if this does anything more than just unlock content on the disc. So once again UbiSoft strikes again with more overpriced crap we could have gotten for free at launch.

I do like the character designs better than the defaults so it is a plus, but I don't have any intention of putting a lot of time into the game so not really a motivator to keep playing. Other than that, the trophies are too easy and quick, especially boosted, which just makes them less worth the money.

If anything these two DLCs (characters and maps) should have been a single DLC. I'd hold off for now and A: Get a friend to unlock them (if you trust them), or B: Hope there is a discounted two pack at some point in the future.

Unless you'll play a lot of ACR or happen to be a trophy whore, save your money. Only reason I bought it was because I got a £5 PSN voucher when I got ACR.

Edited by SaberBlade

It's not worth it. The real appeal to players like myself is unlocking the trophies. I'm not a fan of AC online, I'd rather avoid if it possible and if it's not bad enough the game came with these trophy sets at launch, the DLC itself is only 1.9mb making me wonder if this does anything more than just unlock content on the disc. So once again UbiSoft strikes again with more overpriced crap we could have gotten for free at launch.

I do like the character designs better than the defaults so it is a plus, but I don't have any intention of putting a lot of time into the game so not really a motivator to keep playing. Other than that, the trophies are too easy and quick, especially boosted, which just makes them less worth the money.

If anything these two DLCs (characters and maps) should have been a single DLC. I'd hold off for now and A: Get a friend to unlock them (if you trust them), or B: Hope there is a discounted two pack at some point in the future.

Unless you'll play a lot of ACR or happen to be a trophy whore, save your money. Only reason I bought it was because I got a £5 PSN voucher when I got ACR.

I do agree with you, the caharcter designs seem a bit more detailed and they do look nicer, but it definately isn't worth $3.99. The DLC for Brotherhood was worth $10ish, since it included maps, characters AND Simgle Player content, but a few characters for the price of $4, that's just a no go. I hope the Map Pack would give a bigger motivation to buy it, after all there would be a bigger chance of getting the map when you play.

With $10.01 left, I don't know what I should go for - Map pack, or future DLC.

I do agree with you, the caharcter designs seem a bit more detailed and they do look nicer, but it definately isn't worth $3.99. The DLC for Brotherhood was worth $10ish, since it included maps, characters AND Simgle Player content, but a few characters for the price of $4, that's just a no go. I hope the Map Pack would give a bigger motivation to buy it, after all there would be a bigger chance of getting the map when you play.

With $10.01 left, I don't know what I should go for - Map pack, or future DLC.

Unless you're in a crazy rush for more trophies, just hold off and see if they release both maps and characters together. They've done it before with offline content and if they hear enough people complain about too much for too little, they could do it for online with this game.

Unless you're in a crazy rush for more trophies, just hold off and see if they release both maps and characters together. They've done it before with offline content and if they hear enough people complain about too much for too little, they could do it for online with this game.

Hmm true, let's just hope they do do it if they get enough complaints... but then again, I'm not in a rush for 100% for this game, so I could wait.

Cool, I wanted to open a thread with some helpful tips, but you beat me to it.

I do have some additional tips, especially for people who are level 30 and above, who can craft their abilities to get better results. I'll post them here later, so you can decide whether or not you include them in your guide. ;)

Just a bit of info on The Juggernaut.

It can be boosted solo in training (how I got it) so finding a boosting partner isn't necessary. While Charge can be a bit of pain in the ass, it's not necessary to get all three kills in a single session because I unlocked it after getting one kill in a training session then two more in another, so if a person wants do it legit then it can be done over several games if unable to do them in one game.

Ah never thought to try that... and good to know it doesn't need to be on 1 session, silly me for assuming :p my 3 kills with it were all in one match. I'll update it when I get a sec, thanks.

Cool, I wanted to open a thread with some helpful tips, but you beat me to it.

I do have some additional tips, especially for people who are level 30 and above, who can craft their abilities to get better results. I'll post them here later, so you can decide whether or not you include them in your guide. ;)

Yeah I had this at the end of the main guide but thought it might get a bit lost and would be better in a new thread. I'm not quite level 30 online so haven't used crafting yet. Any tips you have would be welcomed :)

Edited by TheFlyingToaster

The Stopped Dead trophy is either glitched or has some unspecified conditions for unlocking. I had 3 hidden gun kills, but no luck with the trophy.

Did you play the match from the very beginning?

Did you play the right mode? And with the right persona?

I haven't heard a lot of people having trouble with this trophy (especially compared to the trophy that required you to use the Bodyguard ability).

i got 4 kills in artifact assault with the corsair and no trophy. trophy description says during a session of "steal the artifact" not "artifact assault" as described here...

Oh crap, I always get those mixed up. I realised I kept writing Artifact Assault instead of Steal the Artifact in the guide, thought I had changed them all though, sorry.

Did you play the match from the very beginning?

Did you play the right mode? And with the right persona?

I haven't heard a lot of people having trouble with this trophy (especially compared to the trophy that required you to use the Bodyguard ability).

Yup, yup and yup) I double checked everything but the trophy did not pop.

Oh crap, I always get those mixed up. I realised I kept writing Artifact Assault instead of Steal the Artifact in the guide, thought I had changed them all though, sorry.

You're not the only one... I've mixed up these two modes many a times. I don't know why they have two different modes with such similar names anyway. ;)

Just bought this DLC pack. Gonna go for these trophies tomorrow. And doing them legitly of course, shouldn't be too difficult. We made a deal with a friend that I buy this one and my friend buys the Map Pack one. Then we trade them via gameshare and voíla. No way I'm paying for these both DLC packs when I just want to get 100 % in trophies and don't give a damn about new skins or anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the detailed guide, though I'm not sure I would go for the character pack. Looking forward to the Map pack instead, the characters seem a bit.... not worth $3.99. :\ I wouldn't mind buying it for $1.99 or maybe $2.99, but $4? Not worth $4 IMO.

lol is an extra dollar that much of a big deal??? i was pleasantly suprised by the 4 dollars i thought itd be at least 5 or 6

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1554/acrdlcbanner1.png

Ancestors Character Pack DLC

Overview:

• Trophy Breakdown: 3(B) 1(S) 0(G)
  • Online: 3(B) 1(S) (:psn: Pass Required, 3-Day Trial Pass available)

Introduction

The first dlc for Revelations adds 4 new MP skins and 4 new trophies, 1 relating to each of the new skins. The trophies themselves aren't too bad, the annoying part of the dlc is actually getting to use the desired skin in a MP match, especially manhunt. You will need to get to level 20 to have access to all the abilities you need for the trophies as well as a total of 155 Abstergo Credits to buy them. Getting to 20 is a trophy in the core game anyway. All the trophies can be boosted in a private match with 2 people with the exception of "The Vulture", for which you will need 3.

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/918/51.jpgStopped Dead (B)

Obtain 3 Hidden Gun kills during a session of Steal The Artifact as The Corsair (Multiplayer).

The Corsair:

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4607/thecorsair.png

Hidden Gun - Reach level 17 and purchase for 50 Abstergo Credits.

Once you have the hidden gun, make sure you create an ability set that has it selected so you can use it in a match. Search for a game of Steal the Artifact under the Free For All heading. Wait for someone to pick up the artifact so that you have a target then just go after them and use the hidden gun to take them out. You can kill from a reasonable distance so can stick to the rooftops if you want. You have 10 minutes to get 3 kills, you will have to wait for the ability to cool down after using it though, I had the perk that decreases cool downs on although it doesn't make a huge difference.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/918/52.jpgThe Vulture (B)

Obtain 5 Ground Finish bonuses in Manhunt during a session as The Brigand (Multiplayer).

The Brigand:

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5705/thebrigand.png

You don't need to buy any abilities for this one. The trophy itself isn't that hard, the annoying part is actually getting a game of manhunt using The Brigand skin, since only 1 on a team gets to choose. So if you can I'd recommend boosting it since it can get a bit annoying. Every time a team mate gets a kill, you can perform a ground finish for a window of a few seconds, so stick close to your team mates and when they kill an enemy, run up to their body and press :square: when prompted, it makes it easier if you lock on before they get killed. Do this 5 times in a match. As long as you concentrate on it and not on getting kills yourself you should be able to get it.

This can be boosted in a private match with 3 people. See boosting thread.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/918/53.jpgPirate's Bravery (S)

Use the Bodyguard against your pursuer as The Privateer (Multiplayer).

The Privateer:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8672/theprivateer.png

Buy the bodyguard ability and then create an ability set that has it selected so you can use it in a match. Now the trophy doesn't specify a game mode to try this in, but for me it never unlocked during Wanted match after several attempts. It unlocked in Steal The Artifact first time though. Once you get the artifact and hide, it shouldn't be long before pursuers are on you. Use the bodyguard ability when they get close and a member of the group you are hidden in will go and try to stun the enemy, and they have to stun them for you to get the trophy. Again, much quicker and easier when boosting.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/918/54.jpgThe Juggernaut (B)

Perform 3 kills using the Charge as The Gladiator (Multiplayer).

The Gladiator:

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9441/thegladiator.png

Charge - Reach level 20 and purchase for 55 Abstergo Credits.

Buy the charge ability and then create an ability set that has it selected so you can use it in a match. Again, this one doesn't specify a game mode so you can do it in any you like. I did this in Steal the Artifact, though it's hard to recommend. Wanted is quite good for it, since it's free for all and you get to pick your skin, try to be quick at the start of a match to get the gladiator. Then for the full 10 minutes you'll always have a target to go for. The charge ability lets you close in quickly and kill your target, dispersing crowds as you go. There isn't a whole lot of margin for error though so it can be quite easy to miss, much easier when your target is stationary. If boosting, do it in Steal the Artifact. Since it's free for all and only needs 2 to start a private match, you can work on 2 of the other dlc trophies in this game mode with 2 people (All except "The Vulture") so it's pretty convenient.

is it even worth buying the dlc???

• 3 weeks later...
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1554/acrdlcbanner1.png

Ancestors Character Pack DLC

Overview:

• Trophy Breakdown: 3(B) 1(S) 0(G)
  • Online: 3(B) 1(S) (:psn: Pass Required, 3-Day Trial Pass available)

Introduction

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/918/51.jpgStopped Dead (B)

revelations/133427-trophy-boosting-thread-read-first-post.html"]boosting thread[/url][/b].

The Privateer:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8672/theprivateer.png

[/b].

Toaster, I can not get the trophy by playing steal that artifact by using the bodyguard and I am really get pissed.

Almost forgot I promised to add a few hopefully helpful tips about Crafting to get these trophies a little easier. Might be a nice addition to the Guide. So here goes. I had originally written something of a guide, but since the other stuff is already covered in the real Guide, I'll just stick to the Crafting tips.

Crafting Tips :: Ancestors Character Pack DLC

Once you reach level 30 in the Assassin's Creed Revelations multiplayer, you'll unlock ability crafting. Crafting means you can chance certain variables of all the different abilities, changing things like cooldown, accuracy, duration or area of effect. Crafting a single ability costs 80 Abstergo Credits.

Stopped Dead

Obtain 3 Hidden Gun kills during a session of Steal The Artifact as The Corsair

Either craft your Hidden Gun with 2 points in Cooldown, from 90 seconds to 75 seconds or put 2 points in Accuracy, from 30% to 60%. A lower Cooldown makes boosting this trophy easier, because the Hidden Gun will be available quicker. If you're trying to get the trophy in a regular match, a higher Accuracy is the way to go.

The Vulture

Obtain 5 Ground Finish bonuses in Manhunt during a session as The Brigand

No crafting advice for this one, as this trophy doesn't require the use of abilities.

Pirate's Bravery

Use the Bodyguard against your pursuer as The Privateer

Either craft your Bodyguard with 2 points in Cooldown, from 50 seconds to 40 seconds or put 2 points in Duration, from 8 seconds to 12 seconds. If you're good enough at spotting your pursuers, go for a lower Cooldown so you can use it more often in a match, but if you're not so sure, pick the longer Duration so your Bodyguard will stay active for longer.

The Juggernaut

Perform 3 kills using the Charge as The Gladiator

Craft your Charge with 2 points in Accuracy, from an angle of 25 degrees to 35 degrees. This will greatly improve your chances of hitting the right person when your target is hiding in a blend group. Since this trophy can be done on the Training Ground, you don't necessarily have to spend the 80 Abstergo Credits to craft this ability: the standard version is good enough to kill 3 NPC targets who are totally oblivious to you.

• 2 weeks later...

So I played two sessions of Artifact Assault (Steal the Artifact) as the Corsair and got 5 hidden gun kills in each session to be safe and the trophy has not unlocked yet. Is anyone else having this problem with the trophy not popping or am I doing something wrong? Please help :(

Edited by n0ski11s
Posted incorrect information

• 3 months later...