XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > > >

Old 12-14-2011, 02:51 AM   #1
JumperPrime

Question Help with Pirate's Bravery

I just spent several sessions of Steal The Artifact as the Privateer, using Bodyguard ability whenever someone came after me but the trophy didn't pop at all. I got challenge credit several times for my pursuer killing the bodyguard but no trophy. The only reason I can think of for why the trophy didn't pop is because my bodyguard never successfully stunned my pursuer. He either wandered off, did nothing while I got killed, or got killed himself before he could make the stun. Do I need the bodyguard to make a successful stun to get the trophy or am I missing something else?
JumperPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #2
DarkSeraphim666

Send a message via AIM to DarkSeraphim666 Send a message via Skype™ to DarkSeraphim666

Awards Showcase Gold Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

i got the trophy after my bodyguard had actually stunned the guy

DarkSeraphim666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
Moving On

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

My best guess is: don't try to do it in Steal the Artifact. The problematic thing about that game mode is that you are not a target on your own side of the map, so Bodyguard doesn't work there.

Try it in Manhunt on the defensive round, where you are guaranteed four pursuers right away. The trophy description says you just have to use it against your pursuer, so I don't think you need it to stun your pursuer.

I'll be getting the DLC today and I'll experiment with it a little, so I can open a hopefully informative thread about the trophies tomorrow.
Moving On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
Sadist4life

My Bodyguard stunned the pursuer but the trophy did not pop. I was playing as Privateer in Wanted mode
Sadist4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadist4life View Post
My Bodyguard stunned the pursuer but the trophy did not pop. I was playing as Privateer in Wanted mode
I believe I've seen some posts on our sister site's forum where people report that the trophies are not popping if you haven't been in the match from the very start. If you join halfway, apparently it doesn't count for the trophy for some odd reason. So that might be it.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
Sadist4life

Yeah that might be it. On the other hand, this does not seem to apply to the 5 Ground Finishes trophy, because I joined midway and still got it
Sadist4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadist4life View Post
Yeah that might be it. On the other hand, this does not seem to apply to the 5 Ground Finishes trophy, because I joined midway and still got it
Yeah, it's strange. I just played a full match of Wanted (two in a row, even), got the Privateer and I used Bodyguard a couple of times... and no trophy. My bodyguard didn't stun my pursuer: twice my pursuer killed him for a Lure and once the bodyguard just went away without doing anything (pursuer went out of range).

So I'm almost guessing the stun is needed.

Which makes this trophy pretty silly. And I guess Manhunt is going to be the best bet for the Bodyguard trophy, because there at least you have four pursuers and who knows, maybe one will get stunned in all the chaos.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #8
Ash_Flake

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I got this trophy but I gotta be honest I did Boost it but I will say it can be Unlocked on Steal the Artifact as that's what I did.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #9
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_Lionheart View Post
I got this trophy but I gotta be honest I did Boost it but I will say it can be Unlocked on Steal the Artifact as that's what I did.
Yeah, I got Steal the Artifact and Artifact Assault mixed up in an earlier post, my bad. I keep confusing those two modes for some reason.

Can you tell us exactly when your trophy unlocked? Was it when your bodyguard stunned your pursuer? Did your pursuer kill the bodyguard? And did the trophy unlock right away?
Old 12-14-2011, 10:55 PM   #10
Ash_Flake

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving On View Post
Yeah, I got Steal the Artifact and Artifact Assault mixed up in an earlier post, my bad. I keep confusing those two modes for some reason.

Can you tell us exactly when your trophy unlocked? Was it when your bodyguard stunned your pursuer? Did your pursuer kill the bodyguard? And did the trophy unlock right away?
Hmmm well let me see what I can remember my fellow player came near me and then he was stood by me and then as he got closure I used my Bodyguard and he feel to floor but he didn't kill my bodyguard and also trophy took abit to unlock.

Also let me add that Boosting these Trophies is stupidly easy as you only need two people for three of the Trophies (one which can be done in training) and the last can be done with three people easily it took me something like half an hour.