Help with Pirate's Bravery

I just spent several sessions of Steal The Artifact as the Privateer, using Bodyguard ability whenever someone came after me but the trophy didn't pop at all. I got challenge credit several times for my pursuer killing the bodyguard but no trophy. The only reason I can think of for why the trophy didn't pop is because my bodyguard never successfully stunned my pursuer. He either wandered off, did nothing while I got killed, or got killed himself before he could make the stun. Do I need the bodyguard to make a successful stun to get the trophy or am I missing something else?

My best guess is: don't try to do it in Steal the Artifact. The problematic thing about that game mode is that you are not a target on your own side of the map, so Bodyguard doesn't work there.

Try it in Manhunt on the defensive round, where you are guaranteed four pursuers right away. The trophy description says you just have to use it against your pursuer, so I don't think you need it to stun your pursuer.

I'll be getting the DLC today and I'll experiment with it a little, so I can open a hopefully informative thread about the trophies tomorrow.

My Bodyguard stunned the pursuer but the trophy did not pop. I was playing as Privateer in Wanted mode

I believe I've seen some posts on our sister site's forum where people report that the trophies are not popping if you haven't been in the match from the very start. If you join halfway, apparently it doesn't count for the trophy for some odd reason. So that might be it.

Yeah that might be it. On the other hand, this does not seem to apply to the 5 Ground Finishes trophy, because I joined midway and still got it

Yeah, it's strange. I just played a full match of Wanted (two in a row, even), got the Privateer and I used Bodyguard a couple of times... and no trophy. My bodyguard didn't stun my pursuer: twice my pursuer killed him for a Lure and once the bodyguard just went away without doing anything (pursuer went out of range).

So I'm almost guessing the stun is needed.

Which makes this trophy pretty silly. And I guess Manhunt is going to be the best bet for the Bodyguard trophy, because there at least you have four pursuers and who knows, maybe one will get stunned in all the chaos.

I got this trophy but I gotta be honest I did Boost it but I will say it can be Unlocked on Steal the Artifact as that's what I did.

Yeah, I got Steal the Artifact and Artifact Assault mixed up in an earlier post, my bad. I keep confusing those two modes for some reason. ;)

Can you tell us exactly when your trophy unlocked? Was it when your bodyguard stunned your pursuer? Did your pursuer kill the bodyguard? And did the trophy unlock right away?

Yeah, I got Steal the Artifact and Artifact Assault mixed up in an earlier post, my bad. I keep confusing those two modes for some reason. ;)

Can you tell us exactly when your trophy unlocked? Was it when your bodyguard stunned your pursuer? Did your pursuer kill the bodyguard? And did the trophy unlock right away?

Hmmm well let me see what I can remember my fellow player came near me and then he was stood by me and then as he got closure I used my Bodyguard and he feel to floor but he didn't kill my bodyguard and also trophy took abit to unlock.

Also let me add that Boosting these Trophies is stupidly easy as you only need two people for three of the Trophies (one which can be done in training) and the last can be done with three people easily it took me something like half an hour.

Also let me add that Boosting these Trophies is stupidly easy as you only need two people for three of the Trophies (one which can be done in training) and the last can be done with three people easily it took me something like half an hour.

True, but I always like to get my trophies legit first. Especially this one should be totally doable... but it looks like your opponent needs to be stunned by the bodyguard in order for it to work. And these days, not a lof of players will fall for that: they either kill the bodyguard, stun it or stay out of its reach.

When the game first came out, I got a bunch of stuns with the bodyguard (and I was thinking it's a good thing you don't get points for that, otherwise it was completely broken), but the past weeks, not so much.

I just got this trophy and I still don't know exactly what the requirements are for it to pop. I'm pretty sure my bodyguard got killed for a Lure by my pursuer (it was a hectic Deathmatch on Rome, stuff was going on everywhere)... which has happened before without the trophy popping. So why did I get the trophy now? I have no clue.

I just got this trophy in deathmatch. The bodyguard successfully stunned my pursuer and that's when the trophy popped.

From what I've been reading, most people are getting this trophy when the bodyguard actually stuns a pursuer. It would've been nice if the trophy description actually said that.

It would make sense, then, why this is a silver trophy. Back when the game came out, you could easily fool a lot of players with the Bodyguard ability, because it was all new. Nowadays, one month later, most of the players will recognize a bodyguard and either stun it or get away from it. And a lot of inexperienced players will simply kill the bodyguard. Not a lot of players get stunned by them... it happens pretty much only when there's so much going on that they lose track of who is who. Deathmatch makes a good mode for this, then (which is where I got it).

I got it legit in Steal the Artefact. Used Bodyguard, it stunned a pursuer and then I also got a Lured bonus when a second pursuer shot someone (not sure if it was the bodyguard). Possible that just stunning was required but as I got lured at same time, who knows.

Yeah, I think this is what happened to me in Deathmatch when I got the trophy. I had multiple pursuers and I do know for a fact I got a Lure... but it could very well be my bodyguard stunned another pursuer before that, which was what gave me the trophy.

A lot of people seem to have problems with this trophy and different problems as well so I'm assuming it is glitched.

I heard most got it by having the guard actually stunning the pursuer so I was going for that, but I he only got himself killed all the time. However, after getting killed enough times for the challenge to complete the trophy popped. So I guess either I was very lucky and got it for just using the bodyguard and the trophy is glitched so it has a low "pop-rate" or the criteria is that you need to either get him killed enough times or get one stun.

• 3 weeks later...

I got it just a couple hours ago and can confirm that the stun is necessary. Other than that it really is easy to get, even without disrupting the gameflow itself.

In Deathmatch, hiding places like benches and stuff with NPCs around and the ability to overlook the space make it pretty simple. Pursuers are easily spotted (most ppl just don't put much effort into it anyway) and can be stunned with some prediction, otherwise just kill your own target and get some nice points.

At least that has worked at least in over a dozen cases while playing around with some perks today.

I got it just a couple hours ago and can confirm that the stun is necessary. Other than that it really is easy to get, even without disrupting the gameflow itself.

In Deathmatch, hiding places like benches and stuff with NPCs around and the ability to overlook the space make it pretty simple. Pursuers are easily spotted (most ppl just don't put much effort into it anyway) and can be stunned with some prediction, otherwise just kill your own target and get some nice points

The only problem is that a Bodyguard takes such a long time to stun your pursuer. He tries to sort of circle around, get behind your pursuer and only then stun him. Any player worth his or her salt will be on to the Bodyguard by then and get out of his way or punch him in the face without losing the contract.

In all honesty, getting a Bodyguard to stun your pursuer will pretty much only work against inexperienced players... or in a match where you have multiple pursuers and chaos ensues in close quarters so your pursuers lose track of the who and where.

strange. i got this trophy first try. i was carrying the treasure and i blended a group. and i summoned a bodyguard. he just stood there for a while but then he started moving around. i didnt see what happen because i was out of sight (the group was moving further) but on the right (below) side there appeared something that said challenge: let a pursuer kills a bodyguard 1/10. shortly after my screen froze and after the freezing was over my trophy popped. so how can i get the trophy if my pursuer killed my bodiguard is it sure my bodiguard needs to stun?

so how can i get the trophy if my pursuer killed my bodiguard is it sure my bodiguard needs to stun?

I think by now it's pretty safe to assume that it's totally unpredictable when this trophy actually unlocks and what specific conditions need to be met before it happens. A lot of people tell different stories and even my story of unlocking it isn't consistent.

Can't wait for the next DLC pack to find out what problems we'll run into with the new trophies. ;)

I think by now it's pretty safe to assume that it's totally unpredictable when this trophy actually unlocks and what specific conditions need to be met before it happens. A lot of people tell different stories and even my story of unlocking it isn't consistent.

Can't wait for the next DLC pack to find out what problems we'll run into with the new trophies. ;)

wil the next dlc also have 4 trophies or al others?

wil the next dlc also have 4 trophies or al others?

There'll be six trophies... and you can already check them out in your current ACR trophy list (they've been there since the game's release): one trophy for each of the new maps. And yes, over half of the trophies are completely counter-intuitive again, forcing you to do things that will make you lose a match. ;)

I believe IGN posted a video preview of the new maps today, by the way.

There'll be six trophies... and you can already check them out in your current ACR trophy list (they've been there since the game's release): one trophy for each of the new maps. And yes, over half of the trophies are completely counter-intuitive again, forcing you to do things that will make you lose a match. ;)

I believe IGN posted a video preview of the new maps today, by the way.

Yup, here it is for anyone that doesn't want to look:

Mediterranean Traveling in Assassin's Creed - IGN Game Previews Video - IGN