Rate the trophy difficulty...  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.00

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 7 months later...

Not gonna vote yet but when all is said and done I'm probably gonna give this an 8. The trophy requirements aren't that difficult, but the ridiculous timesink required for the last two trophies ups my score by +2. I could have platinumed Disgaea 3, 4, and both Hyperdimension Neptunias in the time it takes me to platinum this game.

EDIT: Now that I have the platinum, I can elaborate. There's lot of info and mechanics to take in. With so little info out there, I've had to screw around with things and compile information myself to find out what works. The road to the plat is also incredibly luck dependent. There will be a LOT of resetting to be done if something goes wrong, and things will almost certainly go wrong given how much grinding and farming you have to do here, made more annoying with the fact that the game won't allow you to quit to the title screen during a battle.

Edited by greenzsaber

• 3 weeks later...

Time - 10

Difficulty - 6 (Mostly because of Overwhelming Apocalypse)

Overall - 8

It's definitely a test of willpower, it's right up there with Star Ocean and the White Knight Chronicle games as far as length to platinum.

As mentioned, it has a lot of new game mechanics to learn, but the trophy guide/faq by Greenzsaber is very thorough and should answer a lot of questions.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
With your last few trophies being the boss trophies? Yeahhh... I don't think so.

Why? D: Remember that the ego Chou-chou made me rage quit around the time I told you about Mugen Souls Z coming out? I waited patiently to execute my revenge on her and her little furballs . ^^ Oh, and when did you remove me from your friendlist? >< I wanted to tell you that nisa charged me for Disgaea D2 yesterday afternoon, meaning it should be here by saturday. :D. You got the limited edition too right? ^^

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I give it a 8.

Even though the story was fun the grind was not, like many others have said it is the biggest test on your willpower to gather all the peons up and sometimes you have a lot working against you like the rng in getting them or just a streak of bad luck which will shave you down. Overall a fun game but the worst grind you will ever face so be prepared.

• 7 years later...

3/10

While this game is mostly known for the platinum taking an ungodly amount of time without doing much to justify the time commitment unless you really like pointless grinding, you do also need some level of understanding of the game's mechanics to prepare a team (or rather, Chou-Chou since you only ever need her) that can actually survive the high-end battles on a consistent basis. Grinding levels and getting better weapons alone can get you through quite a bit, but around the time you hit the Seven World Redux battles and higher tiers of the Mugen Field, you'll want to grind out matters for your weapons to greatly increase your chances of survivability.

Even with this, Boss Returns stands out as a battle (or rather, a series of three back-to-back battles) that can be incredibly annoying starting out until you get your peon ball big enough towards the end of it that it can reliably kill the bosses even when frenzied (too small and you'll just kill the enemies followed by the boss one-shotting you with a special from the PP reserve that the multikill built up regardless of defense). Unfortunately, Tier 14 shampurus are locked behind it unless you want to grind ship battles for hundreds more hours, so it's more or less required for plat. Tier 13 can be gotten from Ultimate God Arena, though due to the spread that Boss Returns offers between Tier 13, Tier 14, and a couple of special shampuru, doing Ultimate God Arena for the Tier 13s alone is a bit of a waste.

Aside from this, the 999 combo can be a bit of a pain depending on how the game feels about letting you bounce off Fever balls repeatedly, but with a proper party setup that maximizes Blast Off distance via innate skills and doesn't use too much wait time using Blast Off moves, it shouldn't take too many attempts.

In addition, the plat can bump up to a 4 or 5 if you decide to go for Tier 15 shampurus in Overwhelming Apocalypse since it requires an even greater understanding of the game's mechanics to pull off consistently, though you're much better off just going for these shampuru in copious NG+ runs which arguably doesn't add as much time as you'd think when you factor in that A) doing so will also complete or at least shorten quite a few other minor grinds (generally in the Mugen Field) since the higher number of runs leads to more story-related shampuru being maxed out or otherwise closer to maximum and B) the alternative is constantly having to restart a 10-battle gauntlet where any enemy can decide to just murder you outright regardless of setup if you accidentally frenzy the big crystal until you get an agreeable run (so basically Boss Returns on crack) and then doing it again about a dozen times.

Edited by Walt the Dog
Removed note about time since last playing since I now have the plat and my opinion hasn't changed.