10 Cloverfield Lane

OceanH

At first the movie seems to be like some teenagers got trapped by serial killer, but as the trailer goes on it turns out to be a monster or alien movie towards the end. And you'll instantly think of the movie Cloverfield if you've seen it. I always wanted that movie to get a sequel and it now appears that J.J. Abrams had secretly filmed a sequel to the movie.

After looking up what J.J. had to say about this he called it a "blood relative" to Cloverfield, so it's somewhat of a spiritual sequel to the movie.

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

At first I didn't even like this trailer, but by the end it was not only interesting, but really looked like it could be a movie worth looking forward to.

Cloverfield wasn't a favorite movie of mine, but I did like a few things about it. I didn't like the ending, but it'd be great if they shed some light on it with this movie.

Edited by GearsOfTheDead

Cloverfield was one of the only films that I didn't mind the use of the Shakey-cam; it felt more natural.

So, it's interesting how they are not doing the video camera route again and just going with a normal film.

I'd have to agree, most films either overdo it or do it poorly. Hell, usually both in all honesty.

Cloverfield was

5 star special effects

3 star writing

2 star acting

1 star ending

all this equals, one of the worst movies I have ever mistakenly paid to see. A sequel is not needed but a decent ending would do wonders to change it from a piece of shit to just lame.

GuapoPogi

This.

However, after all of those parts, it's one of the movies I wish I would have paid to see in theaters... I loved every second of the movie to be honest, in all of its cheesy glory.

Now, the sequel? One big 'meh'.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Can somebody please explain how this movie has anything to do with Cloverfield? :confused: (and please don't just quote some "Cloverfieldverse" nonsense - how are the movies actually related?)

10 Cloverfield Lane has as much to do with Cloverfield, as Fear The Walking Dead has to do with The Walking Dead. :whistle: