Lionsgate reportedly in negotiations stages for a Naruto Live Action Movie

Blaze Naruto Shippuden

I expect this'll be sh*t like Dragon Ball Evoltion, aka the movie equivalent of He Who Must Not be Named.

When that film came out, I was still watching DBZ, and had DB and GT left to watch. As the film bombed so badly, it luckily didn't affect the reputation of DB that much.

As I've seen all of Naruto, then I worry they'll mess it up. How much time will they give to the Sand Siblings/Kabuto/Orochimaru trying to take over the Leaf during the Chuunin Exams? Will we get the Sound 4 trying to take Sasuke, or just Orochimaru?

I imagine that Lionsgate are gonna want a mega profit film, so won't go for decent Asian look-a-likes.

I wonder how they'll make the film. It'll be bad if they crammed everything from part 1 to the ending of the valley fight. I think Part 1 can be done in 2 movies but the first movie has to surpass the budget and make Box Office. If not, then it's a failure.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The director gave an update:

“[F]or me, as it stands, we’re still working on the script. Because until that script is at a level that I’m excited about, I have no interest in destroying an amazing franchise, as has happened before. But I think the great thing is that everyone involved, from Lionsgate to the producers, are all of the same mind. Everyone knows how precious this property is and to me it’s incredibly exciting, and I love the work that I’ve gotten to do on it to date. At this stage, no one is going to go into production until we’ve got a script that excites everyone. So whether it’s my next one or not, I don’t know. We’ll have to wait and see.”

“I don’t know [if it will be my next film], to be honest. You know Kishimoto, who created the original series, he’s just a genius. So many Hollywood adaptations of really popular manga series just don’t get it right, and for me what was really important was that if I was gonna do Naruto, I wanted to actually work with Kishimoto and get a script to a stage where he would look at it and be excited about realizing it. Because no one knows the world better than the person who created it.

Source

It's cool that he wants to work with the creator of the series but Kishimoto is busy. He working on a new Sci-fi series and still oversees the Boruto anime and manga.

The two movies he talking about destroyed before are Dragon Ball Z and Death Note and maybe Ghost In the Shell.

The director of Death Note said they were faithful to the manga and anime series and look what happened to it. So you still have to take this Naruto Movie with a grain of salt.

Lionsgate probably forgot this license this shit anyway. It has been over 3 years and we're only now getting an update.