Pixels (2015 movie)

Phodda

And then, yesterday, I saw Pixels with my wife. And I must say I was really impressed about how they have managed to capture some really good fellings on this one.

Stay calm. No spoilers here (unless tagged)

First of all, there's the references. Every old gamer will recognize itself as one of the boys playing arcade games at the beginning of the film. Be it the nerd, the gamer, the bullyer. Be the game Galaga, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong (the original one), Asteroids, Centipede (this one I even didn't know existed)... I felt like I was 8-years-old again, and it brings tears to my eyes even now.

Second, the characters. I have to admit Adam Sandler just lost its formula to do comedy movies, but it was a pretty decent acting in a while (those who have seen Jack & Jill will undestand what I mean). Peter Dinklage, again, steals the show and doesn't let his fans down with his dwarf gamer with skyrocketing ego. In fact, every character in this movie is just developed well enough to get along with the others. Don't expect a Leonardo di Caprio-like interpretation, though.

On a side note, we have Sean Bean in this movie.... This is a spoiler, so just read it if you're sure enough.

[spoiler=Sean]And then we have another movie to add to the list of movies Sean Bean doesn't die. The God of Death must be very sad this time

Talking about the games, I have to say it was really the best part of the entire movie. Not going far too deep to avoid spoilers, seeing them recreate classics like Pac Man and Donkey Kong (which you have already seen on trailers) was nostalgic, to say the least. It was like they had really come to pixelated life and it was almost as you could touch them.

I really enjoyed this one, although for what I am seeing, I am one in a crowd. Seems this one will not see a sequel, and I would really apreciate one.

Just to finish, whenever you go to see this, please pay close attention to one specific scene, where a boy is playing PS4. And then tell me what you saw, or read the spoiler tag below...

[spoiler=Controller]You will notice he is playing The Last of Us, but the holycrapping controller is just turned off. Should we remind them this generation does not have wires to just pretend you are gaming?

In b4 everyone shits on this film for having Adam Sandler in it.

You know, I want to see this too. I don't care for all of Adam Sandler's films, but as a gamer I want to see this. It looks like light silliness with lots of old school icons.

People need to make opinions themselves rather than just saying what a review said.

In b4 everyone shits on this film for having Adam Sandler in it.

You know, I want to see this too. I don't care for all of Adam Sandler's films, but as a gamer I want to see this. It looks like light silliness with lots of old school icons.

People need to make opinions themselves rather than just saying what a review said.

Reviewers take in account their professional opinion. They don't watch a movie like us, gamers, lovers, so they don't see what we see. Or feel what we feel.

While I thought the premise looked interesting..

I didn't get why being good at the videogame version of things made them good at the same things in real life.

I'm great at sword and board RPG's, but wouldn't do well against a knight in real life combat. These are entirely different skillsets.

I'm sure the movie has plenty of campy fun to it.. but not something I'd pay to see in theatres.

I didn't get why being good at the videogame version of things made them good at the same things in real life.

I'm great at sword and board RPG's, but wouldn't do well against a knight in real life combat. These are entirely different skillsets.

They explained it in a quite funny speech.

Also, we are talking about games that require quick thinking, good motor coordination and rapid reflexes.

• 3 weeks later...

So I am gonna see this film on Sunday. :)

Rather than just presume that you'll hate it, go see it for yourself. I don't expect this to be my film of the year, but quite frankly sometimes it is good to watch a lighter film that doesn't take itself seriously.

Gonna do a rare thing and get some hot popcorn for it too.

I saw this today.

I went in with low expectations, and honestly it was quirky fun! It won't get any awards but as a gamer it was great.

The several times that the aliens invade, the set pieces with the retro characters were awesome. The best part was the chase with Pac-Man and the finale with Donkey Kong.

The beginning of the film actually takes place in 1982 where Adam Sandler's character and his friend go to the arcade that just opened for the first time. He gets so good he enters the 1982 World Video Game Championships.

I'd give it a 2.5/5. Definitely worth a rent, or if you don't care for any of the other films out, go see it on a discount day.

Adam Sandler is a good actor

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:eek: Wait, you were serious? :think: :confused:

and this game is awesome.

They've already made a game out of this movie? :think:

I would like to watch again because remember when was I child :D:D:D

Ah, yes. Watching sh*tty kids' movies also reminds me of being a kid. I watched so many...