Ghostbusters (2016)

Viper

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the director turned down Ghostbusters 3 to do an all female reboot. I don't see this going very well.

New All-Female 'Ghostbusters' Cast Chosen - The Hollywood Reporter

I can't wait, Paul Feig makes some great movies and the cast so far are hilarious! The only one I'm not familiar with is Leslie Jones, but Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy and Kate McKinnion are all hilarious and great actresses.

I'm looking forward to it :)

So the director turned down Ghostbusters 3 to do an all female reboot. I don't see this going very well.

New All-Female 'Ghostbusters' Cast Chosen - The Hollywood Reporter

This is a joke right lol? What a horrible idea. They must WANT to lose money :facepalm:

Edited by janne-da-arc24

People are complaining left and right about the all female cast. Couldn't care less about that. However, I would be FURIOUS if they even touch the Ghostbusters song aside from slight modifications to improve audio quality! No Fall Out Boy cover. No rap remix. None of that bullshit.

And we all know it's going to happen, too :pout:

People are complaining left and right about the all female cast. Couldn't care less about that. However, I would be FURIOUS if they even touch the Ghostbusters song aside from slight modifications to improve audio quality! No Fall Out Boy cover. No rap remix. None of that bullshit.

And we all know it's going to happen, too :pout:

what if Ray Parker Jr remixed the song himself? :think:

What about it makes it a horrible idea? :confused:

1.) The director turned down an opportunity to do Ghostbusters 3 which I am sure more people wanted than a silly reboot.

2.) There is no need to do a reboot.

3.) All female cast

4.) If an all female cast wasn't bad enough they picked crappy actresses.

I cannot see this movie doing well at all.

1.) The director turned down an opportunity to do Ghostbusters 3 which I am sure more people wanted than a silly reboot.

2.) There is no need to do a reboot.

3.) All female cast

4.) If an all female cast wasn't bad enough they picked crappy actresses.

I cannot see this movie doing well at all.

Ghostbusters 3 with the original cast was never really an option, and the director didn't turn down anything he's just decided to do it this way.

What's wrong with a female cast? Doesn't mean there will be no men in it, just that the actual Ghostbusters will be women.

And how are the actresses crappy? This is the

majority of the team behind Bridesmaids and that movie was fucking hilarious, even if it's not your cup of tea its 90% rotten tomatoes score speaks for itself

I hope they tie in the original two films somehow. Would've preferred a Ghostbusters 3 instead, but that's impossible now. In a way, that really good Ghostbusters game on PS3 a few years ago was like a third film though.

Not sure if I would consider that a "really good" Ghostbusters game, but it wasn't bad. Hopefully the movies and the game will be taken into consideration when making the movie.

Not sure if I would consider that a "really good" Ghostbusters game, but it wasn't bad. Hopefully the movies and the game will be taken into consideration when making the movie.

The script was written by the same people who did the films plus those who portrayed the Ghostbusters, their secretary, and Peck reprised their roles. In terms of games that tie into movie and/or TV franchises, it's one of the best ones out there in my opinion.

Hollywood is running on empty with all these reboots.

I said this in another topic a while back, but the charm to the Ghostbusters films were the 80'sness of it all, the chemistry between the guys and the Jim Hensonesque style of the ghosts.

Plus how many Ghostbusters fans actually ever wanted this?

I have nothing against women at all, but I feel like the director is just doing this as he saw that now that Harold Ramis is gone that he can take the film off him and turn it into his own thing.