Jason Bourne (The Bourne Betrayal)(July 15, 2016)

HaoleDave

Matt Damon has confirmed that both he and Paul Greengrass are returning to do another Bourne film, slated for 2016. Filming begins next year.

Matt Damon Confirms He's Reprising His Role as Jason Bourne | E! Online

From the transcripts of the video:

Affleck: "Well, [Damon's] going to be doing a Bourne movie next fall when I’ve just completely lost any semblance of physical fitness."

E! Reporter: "You're coming back for another Bourne?"

Damon: "Yes, next year. It'll be in 2016 when the movie will actually come out. [Director] Paul Greengrass is going to do another one and that's all I ever said. I just needed him to say yes."

I'm glad that Damon is back! Hopefully the story can revive a bit after Legacy... And hopefully Greengrass slows down on the use of the "shakey-cam"... God knows he overuses it.

Also, Jeremy Renner will be reprising his role as Aaron Cross. Probably will be a team up of some sorts.

imdb: The Bourne Betrayal (2016) - IMDb

You can see what was in the imdb post from this link: 'The Bourne Betrayal' Release Date, Plot, Cast Rumors: Jeremy Renner Stars, Matt Damon To Appear in 'Bourne 5'? : TV : BREATHEcast

A release date for 'The Bourne Betrayal', has been announced as the saga gets ready for another installment. The soon-to-be blockbuster is slated for a July 15, 2016 cinema premiere.

Besides the release date, details about the plot can be gathered from the synopsis posted by IMDB.

According to the full synopsis Aaron Cross will be depicted as the last surviving member of Operation Outcome- "a group of black ops agents with chemically enhanced physical and mental capabilities that were betrayed and terminated by a dark and powerful black ops team deep within the CIA."

However, "Aaron Cross survived and is still at large and their sinister activities are threatened and Operation Larx - their next generation of super assassins is in jeopardy. Larx agents are dispatched to hunt Cross down and remove his threat."

The synopsis goes on to set the action in the streets of Shanghai, China, as Cross will be seen eluding Larx agents. Aaron Cross will be desperately searching for any other Operation Outcome member that could help him take the fight to the Larx Agency.

Beyond the plot, and what fans can expect to see in the storyline of 'The Bourne Betrayal', fans will be delighted to learn that some of the cast has been revealed.

The star role, Aaron Cross, will be played by none other than Jeremy Renner. He will be joined by Edward Norton, Rachel Weiz, David Strathairn and Stacy Keach.

Evidently, this film has some big name actors, which makes sense considering it's an installment in the hit 'Bourne' movie franchise.

IMDB went on to include a rumored cast member, the former 'Bourne' film star, Matt Damon. There's a chance he might make an appearance in 'The Bourne Betrayal', but then again, that has not been confirmed.

'The Bourne Betrayal' marks the fifth installment to the box office hit film franchise.

Edited by HaoleDave

The last movie story is related to Matt's character? Going to have to rent it sometime this year then. :(

Yeah, it's not a reboot. Just focusing on another person that was in a more sinister program (that involved pills). And from the looks of it, they're going to both be in this movie, so it will have some impact to the story, I'm assuming. At least the background of Renner's character.

Aaron Cross, will be played by none other than Jeremy Renner. He will be joined by Edward Norton, Rachel Weiz, David Strathairn and Stacy Keach.

So everyone from Bourne Legacy, plus Matt Damon? :D

This will mark 9 years since Matt Damon has played Jason Bourne and I'm so excited!

So everyone from Bourne Legacy, plus Matt Damon? :D

This will mark 9 years since Matt Damon has played Jason Bourne and I'm so excited!

Yeah! What's not to like??

And thanks for that. I just copy-pasted from the website, so I didn't know it was spelled Keach, not Keech. Fixed!

It seems he has disappeared until now. Do not remember any movies he has been in since then although surely he has. Really enjoyed his role as Jason Bourne. Will see this likely at the theatre instead of our normal wait til it hits Netflix.

He's been in a few big screen movies since Ultimatum:

• Green Zone
  • True Grit
  • The Adjustment Bureau
  • Contagion
  • Happy Feet Two
  • We Bought a Zoo
  • Promised Land
  • Elysium
  • The Monuments Men
  • Interstellar

He's been in a few big screen movies since Ultimatum:

• Green Zone
  • True Grit
  • The Adjustment Bureau
  • Contagion
  • Happy Feet Two
  • We Bought a Zoo
  • Promised Land
  • Elysium
  • The Monuments Men
  • Interstellar

Ah yeah. Saw We Bought a Zoo, The Adjustment Bereau, The Monuments Men, and Elysium. I'm old Dave. :rolleyes: Hard to believe I forgot that many movies he was in. I'll check out the other movies Dave.

Ah yeah. Saw We Bought a Zoo, The Adjustment Bereau, The Monuments Men, and Elysium. I'm old Dave. :rolleyes: Hard to believe I forgot that many movies he was in. I'll check out the other movies Dave.

It's okay. I understand some things are lost in memory when you have to clean your dentures too often :p :whistle:

He was actually in a bunch more, but those are the "major" ones. Lol.

• 1 year later...
Turns out the official title is "Jason Bourne". I definitely preferred The Bourne Betrayal.

Either way I'm still looking forward to this.

Right? I'm extremely upset they decided to change it to just "Jason Bourne"... What was wrong with sticking with the book titles? Ugh...

• 2 months later...