Terminator - Genisys

The_Spider-Fan

A new Termininator is on the way. Not sure if its a reboot or the 5th installment.

The new Terminator film is officially called Terminator Genisys. Honestly.

The now-in-production new Terminator film brings Arnold Schwarzenegger back to the cast, alongside Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke and Matt Smith. Alan Taylor, off the back of Thor: The Dark World, is directing, and the film is due in cinemas next summer.

For some time, it's been believed that the film was called Terminator: Genesis. Then, it seemed to revert back to Terminator. Clarification has now arrived.

That's because the name of the new film has been officially announced. Er, it's Terminator Genisys. We'll type it again in case you think we make this stuff up: Terminator Genisys.

We've got nothing really we can add to that. So we might just leave that one there if it's all the same, short of to say just remember it's only a title...

Source: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/terminator/31624/terminator-5-title-confirmed-terminator-genisys#ixzz39hnsHdBS

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A reboot for Terminator is destined for failure in my eyes. It might have Arnie put they'll never top the first too movies.

Completely agree.

So if this is a reboot the 'casual cinema goer' ie my wife is going to be confused it Arnie is in it.

Sorry to say but I hope it bombs.

And people actually want a sequel to Terminator: Salvation with a better writer so the script doesn't have plot holes like a Swish cheese.

Also Genisys sounds like a C movie title. They should have kept it with Genesis alto thats generic as well.

They should have called it Terminator: Reboot.

I hope it does well. Love the franchise, and will reserve my judgement for when I see it myself. A title won't get me down - we don't know what it means yet.

Being that it's a reboot, "Genisys" is likely the name of the company that brings about the end of the world, like Skynet. Let's suspend our mockery for a moment and tear apart the name in a logical way, shall we?

We have "Genisys" which is clearly a play on "Genesis" - a beginning. We have an "i" where an "e" should be - likely a play on this "iDevice" generation, "I do this". And lastly, we have "sys", which is more than likely a shortened "system".

It sounds to me like it's some manner of "Genesis System". Could be something that Skynet creates, or something to take the role of Skynet in the reboot.

I urge you all to remember why you liked the first two T movies in the first place. They were gritty, yet campy. Maybe some silly name like "Genisys" is exactly what we need - a break from Christian Bale.

Wait, the storyline from the original series hasn't even finished yet? Not that it needs a spoiler tag given it's age, but I'll put it in anyway given it's a reboot and there might be new fans to the films as a result....

[spoiler=terminatortag]We haven't even reached the pivotal point that causes the machines to want John Connor killed in the first place. He's supposed to end the war and we've sat through 4 films, spanning 30 years, to not actually reach that point? What a joke. If you're going to reboot the series, at least give us some closure with a 5th film in this series.

And agreed with Ingo, no reboot will top the first two so it will flop even if fairly decent viewing.

And agreed with Ingo, no reboot will top the first two so it will flop even if fairly decent viewing.

This is a major problem when doing a reboot of such an iconic film series as The Terminator, this new iteration will be judged before anybody has even seen it. I quite liked the latest Predator film for example, but it was never going to top the original.

While I'm not the biggest fan of the series, the Terminator films are an easy watch in general, so I'll give it a go come release.

This is a major problem when doing a reboot of such an iconic film series as The Terminator, this new iteration will be judged before anybody has even seen it. I quite liked the latest Predator film for example, but it was never going to top the original.

Predators? With Adrien Brody? That's not a reboot though. Just another film.

Reboots are normally reserved for franchises where they've made mistakes. No way they can just write off the last four films, especially the first two. Of course, we'll wait for more details.

Terminator 5 is a reboot, they're acting like the other four don't exist and from what I've read it sounds terrible but I'll reserve my final judgement until a trailer drops. Skynet is not impressed.

Part 3 and 4 weren't terrible? :p

That's a little unfair. Terminator 1 and 2 were all time classics and anything done 12+ years later will be average in comparison.

Terrible name... Genisys? the hell.

Hopefully someone was drunk at work when they wrote that and it will actually be called Genesis. Or as Noid says, maybe Genisys is the companies name like Skynet.

Edited by JHChiBulls

Part 3 and 4 weren't terrible? :p

That's a little unfair. Terminator 1 and 2 were all time classics and anything done 12+ years later will be average in comparison.

Hopefully someone was drunk at work when they wrote that and it will actually be called Genesis. Or as Noid says, maybe Genisys is the companies name like Skynet.

I actually liked Terminator 3 and 4. They obviously weren't as good as 1 and 2, but that doesn't automatically mean they were bad. I enjoyed them all to some extent or another.

Frankly I'm upset that this has to be a reboot. I wanted them to continue the story for 2 more movies where the ending finally wraps into itself...with sending Kyle Reese into the past (that way the storyline remains relevant), then show the war in full swing.

Terminator 5 is a reboot, they're acting like the other four don't exist and from what I've read it sounds terrible but I'll reserve my final judgement until a trailer drops. Skynet is not impressed.

Huh, I wasn't aware of that. Not sure what to make of this new movie now.

Predators? With Adrien Brody? That's not a reboot though. Just another film.

Reboots are normally reserved for franchises where they've made mistakes. No way they can just write off the last four films, especially the first two. Of course, we'll wait for more details.

My bad, you're right, it was a continuation from previous films, but it was still a revival of sorts, so it falls into a similar category as a reboot. It had been a long time since the last film in the franchise was released, and the sequel wasn't well received either, therefore comparisons to the original were always going to be made.

Edited by Byrney

My bad, you're right, it was a continuation from previous films, but it was still a revival of sorts, so it falls into a similar category as a reboot. It had been a long time since the last film in the franchise was released, and the sequel wasn't well received either, therefore comparisons to the original were always going to be made.

Yeah, it's not really linked to the others, so it is kind of a reboot in that sense.

I can kind of see why they're doing a reboot, the first movie has not aged very well at all.

:eek: