Last of Us Movie announced at SDCC, Possible Cast rumours

Tranquilbez

I assume most of us are all consumed in gaining information from this years San Diego Comic-Con, but quite possibly one of my favourite announcements so far is the film adaption for a little indie game that nobody with a PS3 played called "The Last Of Us". If you don't believe me here's an article link:

Sam Raimi Is Making A ‘The Last Of Us’ Movie, Might Cast Arya Stark

I don't know about everyone else but I am overjoyed at the fact that Sam Raimi is involved. Even the possible casting rumours of Bruce Campell and Maisie Williams as Joel and Ellie respectively.

So what does everyone else think?

I don't know about everyone else but I am overjoyed at the fact that Sam Raimi is involved. Even the possible casting rumours of Bruce Campell and Maisie Williams as Joel and Ellie respectively.

So what does everyone else think?

I'm sorry what? :|

I'm sure that Bruce will end up getting a cameo somewhere (hell it's a Sam Raimi film you can pretty much guarantee it) but I'd be very surprised if he's picked to play Joel.

I'm sorry what? :|

I'm sure that Bruce will end up getting a cameo somewhere (hell it's a Sam Raimi film you can pretty much guarantee it) but I'd be very surprised if he's picked to play Joel.

Don't lie Xander if Bruce Campbell is joel, all your faith in TLOU will be restored :whistle:.

Please get Hugh Jackman or Dylan McDermott for the role of Joel.

-

Hugh Jackman, or Russel Crowe :rofl:. (Because..kinda dreamy, despite being old :o).

Although I am still excited about this, but in all honesty I think unknown actors would be best for this! So people see it for the story, not just for the names :eek:

Edited by BinkUncia

Don't lie Xander if Bruce Campbell is joel, all your faith in TLOU will be restored :whistle:.

-

Hugh Jackman, or Russel Crowe :rofl:. (Because..kinda dreamy, despite being old :o).

Although I am still excited about this, but in all honesty I think unknown actors would be best for this! So people see it for the story, not just for the names :eek:

What are you trying to say here madam? You tryin' to say Logan can't pull it off? :mad:

I kinda know him and he won't be too pleased upon hearing this news... although I think he won't like hearing it from me either.... wonder if he's still pissed I shot him in the ass with Vibranium? :think:

A TV mini-series would've made more sense. How can they cram in the struggles, the forming and fracturing of relationships, the horror, the companionship, in two sodding hours?

I know Neil Druckmann's behind it as well, but I don't see how this can be any different from most other adaptations.

A TV mini-series would've made more sense. How can they cram in the struggles, the forming and fracturing of relationships, the horror, the companionship, in two sodding hours?

I know Neil Druckmann's behind it as well, but I don't see how this can be any different from most other adaptations.

^ Agree completely. This is what annoys me most, is that filmmakers what to spend millions of dollars on a movie that might not do as well as they think instead of turning it into a TV show where it might be more critically acclaimed. Movies are too much of a gamble IMO and if it would be turned into a TV show, then the makers of the show can work at a more steady pace and give the game the adaptation it truly deserves.

What are you trying to say here madam? You tryin' to say Logan can't pull it off? :mad:

I kinda know him and he won't be too pleased upon hearing this news... although I think he won't like hearing it from me either.... wonder if he's still pissed I shot him in the ass with Vibranium? :think:

I recon he could pull it off, but I'm not sure I would be entirely convinced of Joel's more tortured side, because I think Hugh Jackman is way better at being more gun-hoe :p. Although..Les Miserables :think:.

Although I definitely think he would look the part :drool: :p, and apparently they have considered him for the role.

Also apparently Maisie Williams (Ayra Stark) might be Ellie :eek:

The Last of Us: Hugh Jackman and Maisie Williams as Joel and Ellie in Movie Adaptation of Sony's Zombie Apocalypse Game?

Also I totally agree with this, even though I'm not a big TV watcher :eek:.

Edited by BinkUncia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It has been confirmed, the last of us is going to be made a movie, Maybe late 2016. Who would be your choice for the cast?

I choose Anson Mount to play Joel:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111143987/4004744-anson-mount-83669.jpg

And to play Ellie would be Maisie Williams who plays Arya stark in Game of Thrones:

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37300000/Maisie-maisie-williams-37385628-1860-1316.png

Thoughts?