The Interview

OceanH

http://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10441241_766626553390215_1511309781248822746_n.jpg

From Sony Pictures' official Youtube channel:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj3uHftd5FQ]The Interview - Official Teaser Trailer - In Theaters This Fall - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP8O-MOqmcw]The Interview Movie - Official Red Band Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpyVENBPj5c]The Interview Final Trailer - Meet Kim Jong-Un - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by OceanH

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What a fucking joke, people are too sensitive these days. :facepalm: My theater still has this listed and I will be going with a group of friends to see it as it looks fucking hilarious.

I don't see this movie getting a full release. Many theaters are already claiming not to show it. Even in this day and age should've know better than do a flim about killing a real world leader.

I totally agree. Seems really naive that they thought nothing bad would come of a movie plot about killing a leader of a nation.

Say there was a movie where members of a nation plotted to kill Obama. Imagine the uproar.

Maybe it's me, but this movie doesn't scream funny, hilarious or even worth a few chuckles. It looks hardly worth shelling out $10 or so before the controversy or as an act of patriotism. It would be way more patriotic to donate our time and money to, say, help the less fortunate.

If there's even the slightest potential of people getting hurt (and even dying) for this, then removing this from theaters is well worth the small sacrifice. Even if the hacker group isn't directly doing the (potential) killing, there might be someone who was influenced by them and will gladly kill for his/her own personal political agenda. There are some really messed up people out there.

I don't want people to die for what is probably a mediocre comedy. There are other issues in America we should be worrying about.

Edited by mcolwander90

Utter bollocks, this is. Sony should be embarrassed for pulling this, as well as the cinema chains that decided not to show it in the first place. North Korea isn't going to blow something up over a movie.

We don't even know who's responsible for the threat. Anyway, I thought America doesn't bow down to terrorists and all that shit.

I'm assuming it's not being released anywhere. Sucks 'cause I really wanted to see this.

Edited by tomstlh

Just heard on the radio on the way back home this afternoon that Sony has pulled the movie from a theatrical release because of the new threats from the hackers to the theaters that show it directly.

They are thinking about a vod release for it now.

I recently read an update that the film won't be released on VOD or DVD.

I recently read an update that the film won't be released on VOD or DVD.

they should just put it up on torrent sites and allow everyone to just simply pirate it. simple as that :applause:

Utter bollocks, this is. Sony should be embarrassed for pulling this, as well as the cinema chains that decided not to show it in the first place.

thing is the hackers posted some of the info, including social security #'s, that they got on the initial attack and now sony is also getting sued by 2 former employees cause there personal info was posted for everyone to see. so they are dealing w/ that also on the backside of the attack.

i dont know what the hackers said they would do to the theaters if they showed it but it people did get killed over it, that would be alot to live with on your consense. <spell check

Edited by hungherk

Utter bollocks, this is. Sony should be embarrassed for pulling this, as well as the cinema chains that decided not to show it in the first place. North Korea isn't going to blow something up over a movie.

We don't even know who's responsible for the threat. Anyway, I thought America doesn't bow down to terrorists and all that shit.

I'm assuming it's not being released anywhere. Sucks 'cause I really wanted to see this.

Sony should be fucking ashamed of themselves, I really hope this still come out on Blu ray at some point because I really wanted to see it.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/hollywood-slams-controversial-decision-to-shelve-105479119917.html

Actors and other people are very upset that unproven threats caused Sony to pull the film. A lot of people are claiming terrorism and a violation of our constitutional rights by North Korea. It'll be interesting to see if the White House gets involved, or seeing if Sony ever releases the movie.

Sony should be fucking ashamed of themselves, I really hope this still come out on Blu ray at some point because I really wanted to see it.

The 4 biggest theatre chains in the US told Sony they weren't going to be showing the movie. Since hardly anyone was going to be carrying the movie anyway, Sony decided to pull the movie.

Chances are, no theatres are going to get blown up, but I'm willing to bet the theatre execs decided they didn't want to risk their personal information, or the information of anyone that worked for them.

Sony was willing to release the movie this entire, it was just the theatres who backed down. So here's hoping we get a VOD release so they can cut out the middle man.

This is no longer just about a movie. The terrorists got what they wanted. This set's a dangerous precedent and now blood is in the water. Don't like something, threaten and get your way.

I hope North Korea and whomever helped them don't get away with this. I'm not suggesting war or anything remotely like that, to be clear. But they shouldn't be able to do whatever they want without any repercussions.

I was really looking forward to this movie too. I also heard that Steve Carrell's new thriller got pulled as well. Here's the link:

https://deadline.com/2014/12/north-korea-thriller-gore-verbinski-steve-carell-canceled-new-regency-1201328532/

This is a pretty quick judgement call on their part, maybe a little too quick. Crazy to see this reverberate through Hollywood this fast.

I wasn't going to see the movie, but I think it's pathetic Sony and the theaters caved like that. We don't negotiate with terrorists or let them or vague internet threats dictate what movies we see in our own country, what is wrong with people. I hope some Sony employee leaks it on the internet so it never dies and everyone can see it.

Clearly there's some question about whether they should have bothered making that movie in the first place, considering it's content... but seriously, it depicts Americans as bumbling idiots and my guess is they fail in their mission and probably become friends with Kim Jong-Un or whatever at the end.

I wasn't going to see the movie, but I think it's pathetic Sony and the theaters caved like that. We don't negotiate with terrorists or let them or vague internet threats dictate what movies we see in our own country, what is wrong with people. I hope some Sony employee leaks it on the internet so it never dies and everyone can see it.

Clearly there's some question about whether they should have bothered making that movie in the first place, considering it's content... but seriously, it depicts Americans as bumbling idiots and my guess is they fail in their mission and probably become friends with Kim Jong-Un or whatever at the end.

Not sure if this counts as a spoiler as there's a good chance we'll never get to see the film, but I've tagged it anyway.

[spoiler=theinterview]It's common knowledge that Kim Jong Un dies in this film. His death scene is actually online and some people have speculated that's what set North Korea off.

EDIT - Nvm lol.