Ant-Man

AegisAvenger

11243800_638805022920003_8533798351797229215_n.jpg?oh=756dda005b76ee42ff0c6d5a17ce09e8&oe=55CBE2FE

http://i.imgur.com/HFWm1iM.jpg

Michael Douglas is officially Hank Pym while Paul Rudd is Scott Lang:

Michael Douglas to Star as Hank Pym in Marvel's Ant-Man | News | Marvel.com

Didn't expected that.

[spoiler=story]I guess they are going for the story where Lang steal Pym's Ant-Man suit.

Edited by AegisAvenger

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131230232321/marvelmovies/images/e/e4/Marvelphasetwopreview1-590x343.jpg

Michael Douglas is officially Hank Pym while Paul Rudd is Scott Lang:

Michael Douglas to Star as Hank Pym in Marvel's Ant-Man | News | Marvel.com

Didn't expected that.

[spoiler=story]I guess they are going for the story where Lang steal Pym's Ant-Man suit.

This took me by surprise too.

I read online that Ant-man only has 1 ability which is to change his size to large or small, hope thats not the only thing he can do :)

Yes, that's what he can do. But you have to see it in action in order to see how it works. They released Test Footage online. The best quality ones have been taken down, unfortunately...

This should work anyway: Ant-Man Test Footage | A Place to Hang Your Cape

I'm slightly more excited for this than I am for Guardians of the Galaxy, largely because of Edgar Wright's attachment. That man's entire filmography is really, really solid, and I'm sure Ant-Man won't end his streak.

I'm pretty sure he's the major reason for this probably doing well.

• 4 months later...

In case some missed the news, director Edgar Wright quit:

Edgar Wright Exits Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’ as Director | Variety

Marvel announced the new director, Peyton Reed with writer, Adam McKay to revise the script:

Director Peyton Reed and Writer Adam McKay Join Marvel's Ant-Man | News | Marvel.com

I am not familiar with any of their works, so I don't really have a opinion on them.

Edited by AegisAvenger

In case some missed the news, director Edgar Wright quit:

Edgar Wright Exits Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’ as Director | Variety

Marvel announced the new director, Peyton Reed with writer, Adam McKay to revise the script:

Director Peyton Reed and Writer Adam McKay Join Marvel's Ant-Man | News | Marvel.com

I am not familiar with any of their works, so I don't really have a opinion on their skills.

Hmm, I'm not familiar with them either so I'll view any trailers before deciding whether to see this in the cinema. I like Paul Rudd as an actor so might go and see it anyway but not too familiar with Ant-Man if I'm honest :o

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ant-Man has finally started filming. Looking forward to see how this one turns out. Interesting cast choices but not the most exciting superhero imo.

Peyton Reed is now filming Ant-Man, as Marvel confirms the start of physical production...

It's been a long time coming, but filming has finally begun on Marvel Studios' long-mooted Ant-Man movie. Peyton Reed is now directing the film, of course, and the studio has confirmed that the production is going to be based in Atlanta, Georgia. It's one of the rare Marvel films that won't be shooting in the UK.

The official start-of-production press release confirms the cast, too. We know that Paul Rudd is Scott Lang/Ant-Man, that Michael Douglas is Dr Hank Pym, with Evangeline Lilly playing his daughter, Hope Van Dyne.

On top of those three, the cast also includes Corey Stoll, Bobby Cannavale, Abby Ryder Forston, Michael Pena, Judy Greer, David Dastmalchian, Wood Harris, John Slattery and Gregg Turkington. Writer credits aren't mentioned in the press release, however.

There is a brief synopsis in there, though. It reads: "Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr Hank Pym (Michael Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world".

Ant-Man is released on July 17th 2015.

Source: Marvel confirms start of filming on Ant-Man, full cast | Den of Geek

I dont mind the concept now the Heroism of it all its just Paul Rudd....
Well they said Ant-Man is going to be more comedy based like Guardians of the Galaxy was. So Paul Rudd is definitely perfect for that.

Now granted, Paul Rudd isn't my first choice for a super hero...but I've been a fan of his since he was on Friends, so I'm on board to give him a shot.

Edited by TheViper4Life