Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones Jan 2014

JMeeks

http://cdn1-www.shocktillyoudrop.com/assets/uploads/2013/11/file_177069_0_hr_Paranormal_Activity-_The_Marked_Ones_1.608x900-202x300.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J39iyK_aqDE]Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones - Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

After being "marked," Jesse begins to be pursued by mysterious forces while his family and friends try to save him.

Director: Christopher Landon

Writer: Christopher Landon

Stars: Andrew Jacobs, Molly Ephraim, Richard Cabral

Release: US 03/01/14 - UK 01/01/14

The popular franchise is making a return and although the way it is shot is the same, The setting this time seems to be different. Personally I liked the first one and thought what I think is the third one (With Toby) was decent. The others were a let down.

Anyway, It seems to be a love it or hate it scenario with this franchise.

Edited by JMeeks

Not another one, I may start to give Saw some slack now if Paranormal Activity keeps on going
Better start giving that slack, because Paranormal Activity was slated for at least 8 movies.

The Marked Ones is actually a spin-off, as Paranormal Activity 5 is scheduled for release in October of 2014. Yes..2014 is getting two PA movies.

Personally I kinda like PA. They aren't great movies, but with all the samey same horror bullshit we've been getting for the past 15 or so years. PA is a nice change of pace and just something different. I'm more or less waiting for PA5 though.

This one actually looks decent, compared to the others that came out recently. The one thing that I'm glad about this movie, aside from the fact that it actually looks frightening, is that it's not focusing on the family that's been present since the first movie. It's nice to see movies like this to get a change of pace.

This one actually looks decent, compared to the others that came out recently. The one thing that I'm glad about this movie, aside from the fact that it actually looks frightening, is that it's not focusing on the family that's been present since the first movie. It's nice to see movies like this to get a change of pace.
This will involve the original family in some way...it's a spin on off movie that will tie into the originals in some way, especially considering we're still getting PA5 in October.

Ugh, these movies aren't even scary. All they do is lure you in with cheap jump scares. Technically they aren't even scares, they're more like startles. You occasionally get startled from watching these movies. I saw a trailer for this yesterday and it looks as lame as all the others.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that this is the 5th one but I loved it! In fact I've like all of them so far :D

I don't want it to get the Saw treatment of tons of films and they're literally just there to shock and disgust and make money. I think these ones are different because they seem to know where they're going throughout the series. They're all linked somehow, which means they've put more thought into it than other franchises had.

The grandma especially in this one was highlight for me :p

I know that this is the 5th one but I loved it! In fact I've like all of them so far :D

I don't want it to get the Saw treatment of tons of films and they're literally just there to shock and disgust and make money. I think these ones are different because they seem to know where they're going throughout the series. They're all linked somehow, which means they've put more thought into it than other franchises had.

The grandma especially in this one was highlight for me :p

Glad you enjoyed it Moosh, I was pondering over going to see it on the big screen, E & I don't get many nights to ourselves so we have to agree on what we wanna go see, She hates any kind of horror so I think I'll be waiting for it to land on DvD.