Jurassic World (aka Jurassic Park IV)

IsaacPlaystation321

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite excited about this, it's been far too long since the last film.

All that has been said is that there may be a new dinosaur in it that hasn't already been seen. It's got me thinking which one it could be?

The only thing that still gets to me is the portrayal of the Velociraptors, as they were half the size in real life.

All that has been said is that there may be a new dinosaur in it that hasn't already been seen. It's got me thinking which one it could be?

The only thing that still gets to me is the portrayal of the Velociraptors, as they were half the size in real life.

And feathery :D

I can't wait for this! I love dinosaurs :D And the original film still holds up against new special effects, the only sign that it was made in the 90s are the computers :p

On the random article that I was reading up on this, the name change could hint at the possibility of dinosaurs roaming the earth freely. I guess an post-apocalyptic world of some sorts would be quite interesting.

It could however just be a change for the sake of change, hoping to make it feel like a fresh franchise with links to previous iterations, rather than just a direct sequel, either way I'm excited, and considering I've been waiting 12 years for another Jurassic Park film as it is, another two years isn't going to hurt :p

I wonder if Sam Neill will be back in this one? He's definitely available given that the excellent show Alactraz got cancelled over a year ago.

He might be given a cameo, but I can't see him doing anything physically demanding which will surely be required by those who have a major role in the film?

It's difficult to say though when we have very little idea as to how closely this one will tie-in with the other three. If it takes on a completely new premise of it's own then it's certainly possible.

He might be given a cameo, but I can't see him doing anything physically demanding which will surely be required by those who have a major role in the film?

It's difficult to say though when we have very little idea as to how closely this one will tie-in with the other three. If it takes on a completely new premise of it's own then it's certainly possible.

Despite his advancing years, he played a real bad ass as Emerson Hauser on Alcatraz. While Dr. Grant and Hauser are admittedly two entirely different character types, I'm sure he could still show up in the film to a certain extent.

Despite his advancing years, he played a real bad ass as Emerson Hauser on Alcatraz. While Dr. Grant and Hauser are admittedly two entirely different character types, I'm sure he could still show up in the film to a certain extent.

Oh I agree, I also posted my disappointment of Alcatraz being cancelled in that other thread. The issue with characters in Jurassic Park is that they tend to get knocked around a fair bit. If they were to advance the plot timeline 10/20/30 years (like real life basically), then there is a possibility of him having some role to play for sure.

Oh I agree, I also posted my disappointment of Alcatraz being cancelled in that other thread. The issue with characters in Jurassic Park is that they tend to get knocked around a fair bit. If they were to advance the plot timeline 10/20/30 years (like real life basically), then there is a possibility of him having some role to play for sure.

Hauser was a bonafide bad ass on Alcatraz, headbutting bad guys, shooting detained inmates, and he head shot that child killer in one episode which saved a kidnapped kid's life. What's not to love? :D Minus the tragic story of how he lost the woman he loved for 50 years, I want to be like that when I'm a grumpy old fart. I'd read recently that Sam Neill is 64 now, so admittedly a fair portion of the stuff he did in the original Jurassic Park 20+ years ago he can't do now. Still, it'd be awesome to see him return as Dr. Grant. Hauser, Dr. Grant, Damien (Omen III), and Dr. Weir (Event Horizon) in my opinion are the best roles he ever played.

Edited by Tiberius

Hauser was a bonafide bad ass on Alcatraz, headbutting bad guys, shooting detained inmates, and he head shot that child killer in one episode which saved a kidnapped kid's life. What's not to love? :D Minus the tragic story of how he lost the woman he loved for 50 years, I want to be like that when I'm a grumpy old fart. I'd read recently that Sam Neill is 64 now, so admittedly a fair portion of the stuff he did in the original Jurassic Park 20+ years ago he can't do now. Still, it'd be awesome to see him return as Dr. Grant. Hauser, Dr. Grant, Damien (Omen III), and Dr. Weir (Event Horizon) in my opinion are the best roles he ever played.

Jurassic Park is as close as I'm ever going to get to being a fanboy of something. Dr. Grant is all I think of whenever I see Sam Niell in anything, so I'd be as happy as anyone to see him return. It all depends on what direction they choose to take the franchise however. I have a feeling they'll start fresh, new cast and perhaps a slightly darker tone.

Edited by Byrney

you know what I was thinking, what would be the story of Jurassic Park IV? It shouldn't be like the last three. especially the first movie because;

1) in the first movie, the park failed. Dennis Nedry shut down the whole island and the dinosaurs escape and cause chaos. After that happened, Allan Grant tells to Hammond that he is not going to endorse the park. The park was a big mistake and for Hammond, after much careless thinking he would never create something like that again and humans won't ever interact with dinosaurs

2) second movie; Hammond tells to Malcom that there is another island with dinosaurs and no fences. He wants people to go there to do some thing to know that the animals there are alive and well perserved...okay so they go, but then Hammond sent other people to the island to capture them and bring them back to the San Diego zoo. after one thing led to another, the dinosaurs once again caused chaos and try to kill everyone

3) Third movie; Now both Islands are Restricted, knowing that no one is permitted to go to these Islands. But when a boy and his father whatever were parasailing too close to the Island they had an accident and was stuck there. Now two couples who supposily wants to devorce finds out and they want the help of allan grant to take them and have a rescue operation...When they got there they were unwelcomed by the dinosaurs and try to kill them any chance they got if they ever saw them coming

Now how can you make a fourth movie, we already know that humans and dinosaurs don't mixed, and the people know NOT to go to any of these islands but they do anyways. so what would be the story this time?

The game handwaves that with a nice reason that makes sense, the frog dna that they added to each species made them change in some ways, like being bigger, no feathers, being able to spit goop or hunting through eye movement to name a few things for different dinosaurs.

you know what I was thinking, what would be the story of Jurassic Park IV? It shouldn't be like the last three. especially the first movie because;

1) in the first movie, the park failed. Dennis Nedry shut down the whole island and the dinosaurs escape and cause chaos. After that happened, Allan Grant tells to Hammond that he is not going to endorse the park. The park was a big mistake and for Hammond, after much careless thinking he would never create something like that again and humans won't ever interact with dinosaurs

2) second movie; Hammond tells to Malcom that there is another island with dinosaurs and no fences. He wants people to go there to do some thing to know that the animals there are alive and well perserved...okay so they go, but then Hammond sent other people to the island to capture them and bring them back to the San Diego zoo. after one thing led to another, the dinosaurs once again caused chaos and try to kill everyone

3) Third movie; Now both Islands are Restricted, knowing that no one is permitted to go to these Islands. But when a boy and his father whatever were parasailing too close to the Island they had an accident and was stuck there. Now two couples who supposily wants to devorce finds out and they want the help of allan grant to take them and have a rescue operation...When they got there they were unwelcomed by the dinosaurs and try to kill them any chance they got if they ever saw them coming

Now how can you make a fourth movie, we already know that humans and dinosaurs don't mixed, and the people know NOT to go to any of these islands but they do anyways. so what would be the story this time?

There are a few ways one could be the people are idiots way and they want to check out the island and dinosaurs, or people could be stranded through a crash, plane or boat. Also then there is the capture some and bring them to a zoo or even the even more insane attempt to try and re-contain them and then open the park.

Then there is the great hunter type of plot where one or several people could go there for hunting to prove how great he/they are, or the scientist goes to study them plot.

Just because anyone going to the island would insane and very very likely to get any and everyone killed in the end, well people can be huge idiots just because of our egos or the call of fame and/or cash.

Edited by dante_kinkade

JURASSIC WORLD TEASER TRAILER #01 [ HD ] - Leaked Trailer - YouTube

Im definetly having second thoughts about rushing to see this, based on the leaked piece :/

Just reading up on this, apparently the video you've posted was from a couple of years back, and was simply a pitch to relaunch the franchise through a number of multimedia formats.

There appears to be no guarantee on whether they have stuck with this concept for the new movie, or have gone in a completely different direction, one of the producers has flat out denied that this scene is part of the film.

Edited by Byrney

Just reading up on this, apparently the video you've posted was from a couple of years back, and was simply a pitch to relaunch the franchise through a number of multimedia formats.

There appears to be no guarantee on whether they have stuck with this concept for the new movie, or have gone in a completely different direction, one of the producers has flat out denied that this scene is part of the film.

Ahh i seen it on a freinds f/book feed and thought nothing more of it, Lets hope its not like this then :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This thread has been dead for a long time, which surprised me considering the amount of stuff that has leaked concerning this! I shall revive it with a plethora of news/leaks!

Let's start with the plot:

After the Isla Nublar incident 22 years ago, the island was bombarded with napalm and a clean slate was given. Placed 22 years after the events of Jurassic Park, inGen had been purchased by Patel Corporation. Patel Corp., led by Mr. Patel himself (Irrfan Khan), decide to try again at making a park, and renaming it "Jurassic World" à la Disney World. Of course, they rebuild the park on Isla Nublar. The park goes off without a hitch and is extremely successful, receiving 10 million visistors each year. The park has been upgraded since the original, and includes a Mosasaurus in a lagoon enclosure, similar to Sea World's orca.

The park has been functioning for years and is completely safe. Until it's not...

The Mosasaurus will probably look like the one from the video game (which is canon):

http://me.ign.com/pictures/games/15397/12399.jpg

Plot rumor territory(I'll put in a spoiler):

[spoiler=JWrumorplot]Summarizing from these three links:

With the help of an ex-military/trainer Owen (Chris Pratt) and Beth, a geneticist ,(Bryce Dallas Howard), Patel Corp. has figured out how to effectively create dinosaurs and "tame" some of them, including a T-Rex and a group of Velociraptors. Now, this isn't tamed as in tossing a tennis ball, but more rather using calls/sounds in order to give commands as a pack leader (similar to the revelation Dr. Grant made with the Velociraptor calling mechanism he used in JPIII).

The park also has hotels, a water park (with rides), a lagoon show with sea creatures (Mosasaurus), a petting zoo enclosure with docile dinos, a golf course, a raft ride down a river, a Pterosaur cage, a botanical garden, a deuling Pachy arena (the ones with the hard skulls that ram each other), other various enclosures for certain dinos, and a gyrosphere ride/tour to get close to the dinos in the wild (think like herds from JP:LW and Brachiosaurus).

With a decrease in attendance at the expensive park, the top Patel geneticist (Bryce Dallas Howard) along with returning Dr. Wu (BD Wong) are tasked with creating new secret dinos to garner more attendees, by splicing DNA of other animals with dinosaur DNA to give certain elements. One such experiment was splicing T-Rex/Velociraptor/snake/cuttlefish. This new dinosaur hybrid was given the name "Diabolus Rex" or D-Rex for short (meaning 'Devil King'). Some abilities include the size and ferocity of T-Rex, the 'brain' of Velociraptor, jaws of a snake, and the ability to camouflage like a cuttlefish. (all sounds familiar to the Carnotaurus from The Lost World book). Although the paddock keeping the D-Rex is fortified, it figures out a way to escape (or let out?) and wreaks havoc. And Chris Pratt's character uses the velociraptors and T-Rex to stop it.

Personal note: I'm not sure if the splicing thing is real, or if they are just going to use a Carnotaurus

Script leak:

http://www.jurassicworld.org/news/uploads/Hamada.jpg

Cast so far:

Christ Pratt as Owen

Bryce Dallas Howard as Beth the geneticist

Nick Robinson as Zach (Beth's nephew)

Ty Simpkins (Iron Man 3) as Gray (Beth's other nephew)

Irrfan Khan (Life of Pi) as Mr. Patel

Brian Tee as Katashi Hamada (the badass)

BD Wong as Dr. Henry Wu

Vincent D'Onofrio as the CFO of Patel Corp. (main villain role)

Jake Johnson as (the Tech guy)

Omar Sy as (Owen's best friend/fellow trainer?)

Judy Greer

Katie McGrath

Lauren Lapkus

Andy Buckley

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2014/04/21/Bryce-Dallas-Howard_900x600.jpg

Beth, the Geneticist

Leaked Isla Nublar map (in spoiler):

[spoiler=islanublarmap]

http://i.imgur.com/7XsQZSR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qrusgn3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2c7ZA44.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aANhqeu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Gb0rnws.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zcghhhA.jpg

Link: SPOILERS: Map Of JURASSIC WORLD Has Leaked!

Other misc. set photos (in spoiler):

[spoiler=setphotos]

http://www.jurassicworld.org/news/uploads/DREX1.jpg

Paddock enclosure for D-Rex

http://www.jurassicworld.org/news/uploads/DREX2.jpg

Sign on paddock

10305600_743917852319395_327052722119869877_n.jpg

Inside of paddock

10365782_745288795515634_2084564254355236337_n.jpg

D-Rex claw marks on paddock wall?

10308449_740882405956273_1641509431869397486_n.jpg

Ferry with decals on it (transport from Costa Rica)

10258492_731519636892550_7595399924417433437_n.jpg

Helicopter "JW001" (VIP transport?)

10001345_718779201499927_94860629_n.jpg

Heli-pad

10312524_731491660228681_2360085854791211894_n.jpg

Armored vehicle with Military personnel

10174814_724097124301468_4548257922715966701_n.jpg

Some dino enclosure (filming at Honolulu Zoo near Elephant enclosure)

10269582_730391927005321_5585468481143721648_n.jpg

Mono-rail at JW (filmed at Hawaii Convention Center)

10329189_743658109012036_4724895810671122832_n.jpg

Fake Hilton at JW (filmed at Hawaii Con)

http://www.jurassicworld.org/news/uploads/HelicopterTest.jpg

Pre-production photo of a military helicopter

Credits: A lot of these from the Facebook page "Reel Tours Hawaii"

Other info:

- Michael Giacchino will be doing the score for JW. (He's done Star Trek movies, LOST, and the The Lost World: Jurassic Park console video game).

Bonus gif:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vtmiEn291qdj4i3o1_500.gif

One of my favourite films ever. I don't know how I feel about this. JP III was pretty crap.

That's always bothered me the last 20 years or so. They more closely resemble Deinonychus. Still a dinosaur nerd. :cool:

This thread has been dead for a long time, which surprised me considering the amount of stuff that has leaked concerning this! I shall revive it with a plethora of news/leaks!

SNIP!

Awesome stuff. I am still a littleiffy on this one but I am willing to give it a shot. Love JP so hoping this will be good.