Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

OceanH

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg8qS4oIMAE2UKn.jpg

http://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/l/t1.0-9/1530304_589617801153246_7786644849761702314_n.jpg

From Marvel's official Youtube channel:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d96cjJhvlMA]Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - Trailer 1 (OFFICIAL) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LIQ2-PZBC8]Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - Trailer 2 (OFFICIAL) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgHeRCHkrwo]Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - Special Extended Look - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiunfbRdTk8]Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - Special Extended Look 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by OceanH

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you guys know, this movie is considered to be part of phase 2 in the Avengers story.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We already saw Phase one, and Iron Man 3 effectively started phase 2. Phase 2 will end with the 2nd Avengers movie.

Phase 3 is rumored to include Ant Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Incredible Hulk 2 (Indestructible Hulk?) as possible movies and new Avengers on the team.

Is that, by any chance... She-Hulk? I can't recall who were the Guardians is all. But I know that that there is Rocket Raccoon.

I for one did not know about this movie until well, now... and it now makes me want to watch it when it gets released... if they can pull it off well... good if not... better than The Avengers O.O.

Edited by DrakeHellsing

I don't know who this guy is, but he looks interesting.

http://i.imm.io/1deeH.png

Its Groot.

Groot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UPDATE: GOTG movie props and the Nova Corps Officers!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=83842

Star-Lord has his mask! :D

Edited by AegisAvenger

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed the comic series from years back, so I'm hoping this film adaption delivers. I see it being a pretty hard sell to general audiences, but maybe people will flock to it because of the Marvel logo. I'm curious to see what the box office numbers will end up being.

I'm predicting it'll either be a huge commercial success, or it'll flop hard. I don't see there being a middle ground.

I enjoyed the comic series from years back, so I'm hoping this film adaption delivers. I see it being a pretty hard sell to general audiences, but maybe people will flock to it because of the Marvel logo. I'm curious to see what the box office numbers will end up being.

I'm predicting it'll either be a huge commercial success, or it'll flop hard. I don't see there being a middle ground.

Although I kinda like the inclusion of Rocket Raccoon to the mix,a lack of a certain archer,man of glass or even a fire haired maiden does sadden me.

While its very obscure, I think Marvel will advertise the movie properly.

Its the last movie in Phase 2 before Avengers: Age of Ultron, they said Thanos will be in it, the cast of actors is pretty big and its associated to the MCU.

I am honestly more hyped to see it than Thor: Dark World. What I like about Marvel is they taking chance with their more obscure characters unlike DC who always go back to Batman & Superman if something failed (Green Lantern movie).

I just wished Marvel Studio get back the right of Spider-Man, Fantastic Four (mostly for Dr. Doom and Galactus) and X-Men. Amazing SM didn't impress me and I am not looking forward ASM2, didn't like any FF & X-Men movies from FOX.

I am hoping will soon make a Ghost Rider and Moon Knight movie.

Edited by AegisAvenger

While its very obscure, I think Marvel will advertise the movie properly.

Its the last movie in Phase 2 before Avengers: Age of Ultron, they said Thanos will be in it, the cast of actors is pretty big and its associated to the MCU.

I am honestly more hyped to see it than Thor: Dark World. What I like about Marvel is they taking chance with their more obscure characters unlike DC who always go back to Batman & Superman if something failed (Green Lantern movie).

I just wished Marvel Studio get back the right of Spider-Man, Fantastic Four (mostly for Dr. Doom and Galactus) and X-Men. Amazing SM didn't impress me and I am not looking forward ASM2, didn't like any FF & X-Men movies from FOX.

I am hoping will soon make a Ghost Rider and Moon Knight movie.

How have you not liked X-Men? Not only did the first movie start this whole Live action Super Hero movie fad (it's a classic just for that), but X-Men 1, 2 and ESPECIALLY First Class are easily some of the best movies of the Super Hero genre.

And the way you worded that, leads me to this question. You do know there's been 2 (albeit unsuccessful) Ghost Rider movies right? Nicolas Cage plays Johnny Blaze. I personally liked them, they're in no way, top notch movies, but they're a guilty pleasure of mine. Though based on how harsh you are on Super Hero movies, I'm sure you won't like them.

And Amazing Spider-Man was pretty damn good for a reboot no one wanted. It was just as good as Spider-Man 1, and certainly better then Spider-Man 3, though Amazing Spider-Man 2 has a rough road ahead if it wants to top Spider-Man 2.

Though, that aside. Sticking to the thread. I was a comic book kid, and Marvel was always what I read. I read pretty much everything...except Guardians of the Galaxy. I actually know nothing about this series, and surprisingly never heard of it before (or maybe I have and just forgot about it)...the only reason I'm excited is because it's a Super Hero movie and it ties in with everything else. I'm always up for a Super Hero movie...which I personally believe have produced some of the best action movies over the past 13 years.

I'll probably watch this movie to see how it ties in to the overarching Avengers arc. If there's 3 phases of the Avengers, I just hope that they don't get so deep into the bigger picture that is the Avengers that it screws everything else up.

Although what would be cool is at the end of the 3rd Avengers movie they have some sort of teaser for an all-out Marvel movie with Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, etc. That would just be epic :dance:

I've also always wanted a big movie production where the Marvel and DC universes collide into one another. I wouldn't care if they made it canon or not (I don't see how they could), I just want to see it happen :D

How have you not liked X-Men? Not only did the first movie start this whole Live action Super Hero movie fad (it's a classic just for that), but X-Men 1, 2 and ESPECIALLY First Class are easily some of the best movies of the Super Hero genre.

And the way you worded that, leads me to this question. You do know there's been 2 (albeit unsuccessful) Ghost Rider movies right? Nicolas Cage plays Johnny Blaze. I personally liked them, they're in no way, top notch movies, but they're a guilty pleasure of mine. Though based on how harsh you are on Super Hero movies, I'm sure you won't like them.

And Amazing Spider-Man was pretty damn good for a reboot no one wanted. It was just as good as Spider-Man 1, and certainly better then Spider-Man 3, though Amazing Spider-Man 2 has a rough road ahead if it wants to top Spider-Man 2.

Though, that aside. Sticking to the thread. I was a comic book kid, and Marvel was always what I read. I read pretty much everything...except Guardians of the Galaxy. I actually know nothing about this series, and surprisingly never heard of it before (or maybe I have and just forgot about it)...the only reason I'm excited is because it's a Super Hero movie and it ties in with everything else. I'm always up for a Super Hero movie...which I personally believe have produced some of the best action movies over the past 13 years.

I didn't like any of these movies, all of them feel like they are low budget compared to what Marvel Studio pull out.

Especially the first Ghost Rider who had villains you can mistake them for Buffy the Vampire Slayer rejects.

ASM put me to sleep, the only positive things I have to say about it Emma Stone is the only good actress in the movie and its not as bad as Spider-Man 3... (like that was even hard to accomplish).

I found X-Men: First Class over-rated, boring fight, too many nobodies (flying stripper, adapting guy, tornado guy who never talk) and tried too hard to have a dramatic story. Not interested in DOFP, the fact FOX believe they are trying to compete Avengers: Age of Ultron with DOFP is laughable.

When Marvel Studio get Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic Four back is when they will actually be good. I am more excited for Guardians of the Galaxy than ASM2 & DOFP and they are very obscure.

I didn't like any of these movies, all of them feel like they are low budget compared to what Marvel Studio pull out.

Especially the first Ghost Rider who had villains you can mistake them for Buffy the Vampire Slayer rejects.

ASM put me to sleep, the only positive things I have to say about it Emma Stone is the only good actress in the movie and its not as bad as Spider-Man 3... (like that was even hard to accomplish).

I found X-Men: First Class over-rated, boring fight, too many nobodies (flying stripper, adapting guy, tornado guy who never talk) and tried too hard to have a dramatic story. Not interested in DOFP, the fact FOX believe they are trying to compete Avengers: Age of Ultron with DOFP is laughable.

When Marvel Studio get Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic Four back is when they will actually be good. I am more excited for Guardians of the Galaxy than ASM2 & DOFP and they are very obscure.

Yeeahhh...if you say so. :o_O:

Marvel Studio did raise a new level of quality for Superhero movies. I re-watched some of the movies at the time of Iron Man 1, Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 and they didn't age well.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance was as bad as the first one. Thankfully its back to Marvel Studio. As soon as I saw X-Men wearing black uniform only and poor casting (Magneto isn't a grandpa who can barely walk), I already knew the movie will be boring and not faithful. Amazing was a boring as Spider-Man 3.

On the DC side... Batman Begins was great, TDK was more Harvey Dent vs. Joker, guest starring Batman/Bruce. TDKR sucked but not as much as ASM. Man of Steel should renamed Man of Shit, so not looking forward the Batman vs. Superman since its a sequel to MoS and still keep Zack Snyder, a crappy director. His movies are shit, 300, Suckerpunch, ect.

Well, its just my opinion. :p

I have a friend who says Amazing Spider-Man is the best superhero movie, better than Avengers and says the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy sucked... I am like ''Hmm... kay...''. :eek:

Do me a favor and slap the shit outta him extremely hard.