mattigummi

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say 50/50. I don't like what Lucas is currently doing (or did) with the Star Wars franchise. We'll see if Disney is doing smart like it's doing with the Marvel franchise.

2015 seems very soon to have new trilogy produced, written and filmed to begin releasing.

I really don't care what they do to star wars anymore. I pretty much considered it screwed up with the release of the prequels. I do like the Clone Wars series on CN. I wouldn't mind some CGI adventure during the original trilogy like Shadows of the Empire or Dark Empire.

Star Wars Episode 7?

This could either end up being really good, or really bad.

But just look at what Disney did with Marvel after they bought it.

Left it alone to make some fucking awesome movies still instead of ruining it like they very easily could have, thankfully.

Now, assuming that they take the same "leave it alone" approach with LucasFilms... Star Wars 7 suckage confirmed. :p

Left it alone to make some fucking awesome movies still instead of ruining it like they very easily could have, thankfully.

Now, assuming that they take the same "leave it alone" approach with LucasFilms... Star Wars 7 suckage confirmed. :p

Not if they get Ben Affleck to direct it!;)

As long as J.J. Abrams doesn't touch it, I'll be curious to see what they do here. I got over my fanboy-ness for Star Wars years ago, so I'm up for new movies, with new stories, don't care if it fits canon perfectly or not - but hopefully there's no simple rehashing of the existing EU material. Some of that is hit or miss.

From the newspaper:

The trilogy will continue the story of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia beyond "Return of the Jedi," the third film released and the sixth in the saga

There are a lot of books already written about that time period. (Some of them, like the Heir to the Empire/Thrawn Trilogy, are actually quite good.) I wonder if they will adapt the books or just come up with a new canon? They've done retcons in the past.

I hope they don't put Mara Jade in there, though. *cough Mary Sue cough* I really can't stand her.

From the newspaper:

There are a lot of books already written about that time period. (Some of them, like the Heir to the Empire/Thrawn Trilogy, are actually quite good.) I wonder if they will adapt the books or just come up with a new canon? They've done retcons in the past.

I hope they don't put Mara Jade in there, though. *cough Mary Sue cough* I really can't stand her.

There's always been a rumour that the trilogy was always going ahead and it would have Hamil, Ford, Fisher in it as their older self. They were simply just waiting.

For those worried about a possibly ruined story, read this over: Disney buying 'Star Wars' maker Lucasfilm for $4.05B | Fox News

Disney CEO Bob Iger said Lucasfilm had already developed an extensive story line on the next trilogy, and Episode 7 was now in early-stage development.

After reading that I feel a little better and let's be honest - more Star Wars, be it good or bad, is better than no more Star Wars.

After reading that I feel a little better and let's be honest - more Star Wars, be it good or bad, is better than no more Star Wars.

This is where I respectfully disagree. No more Star Wars would be fine with me. I mean, come on, who needs more films when we have adverts:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXcoIN6tqXY]Currys PC World 2011 Official Ad - Vader's Visit Director's Cut (Darth Vader Star Wars) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6obEMR_aRkA]Vodafone RED Box: No need for Jedi training - YouTube[/ame]

:|

There were flaws in the original films, but they are timeless classics. The prequel films were just awful. Purely as a film fan, I consider The Phantom Menace one of the worst films I have ever seen. I have no faith in an good coming from this.

Edited by AshtimusPrime

leave star wars alone disney!!! Episodes 1-3 were bad enough. Jar Jar made me play russian roulette!

I don't think Revenge of the Sith was bad, I really liked it. Like the Empire Strikes Back it's nice seeing the bad guys win.

There's always been a rumour that the trilogy was always going ahead and it would have Hamil, Ford, Fisher in it as their older self. They were simply just waiting.

I'd love to see some of if not all of the original cast in the next film.

For those worried about a possibly ruined story, read this over: Disney buying 'Star Wars' maker Lucasfilm for $4.05B | Fox News

I saw that myself. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do. I need a new star Wars film. It's too good not to have one.

Wow, this is great and totally unexpected news. I'm really surprised George Lucas is handing over the keys, and I'll be eager to see what the people attached to the project can ultimately come up with. There's so many different routes they could go and explore.

Disney's acquisition of the Indiana Jones rights are also an exciting prospect.

Edited by privatetoast

I'd love to see some of if not all of the original cast in the next film.

That would be intriguing. And there will have to be some new Jedi in it (right?), and Luke was the last Jedi at the end of Episode VI, so he'd have to be the one to train a new Jedi :think: So for that, they'd need Mark Hamill.

I'd love to see Harrison Ford in it :D