Independence Day: Resurgence

IngoBlaze

I heard from a friend last night that a sequel for Independence Day is now being officially planned and after searching the web this appears to be true.

Director Roland Emmerich has confirmed plans to make the sequel with Dean Devlin, noth of whom worked on the original film.

I'm intrigued to see what kind of story they would come up with to follow on. Seems the most likely would be that the aliens come back reinforced.

And I wonder if any of the previous cast would make a return?

Source:

Independence Day sequel planned by director Roland Emmerich

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/film/904726-independence-day-sequel-planned-by-director-roland-emmerich#ixzz20JnSehrT

Edited by Fynn84
Corrected the thread title.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been in development hell for years, personally I don't think it will happen. I'm not keen on a sequel as the ending to the first film was pretty final.

I loved the original would be happy to see a sequel, however i dont see the ending as "final" at all. That was but one mothership who is to say there are not many many more heading for earth as if the first was just advance scouts

I'm in agreement with others. I think the movie will only be good if some of the original cast are in it, especially Will Smith, Bill Pullman (might be too old now or not possible since he was the President in the film), and Jeff Goldblum. The 'cuckoo' guy would be nice to have again but I highly doubt that happen.

I'm in agreement with others. I think the movie will only be good if some of the original cast are in it, especially Will Smith, Bill Pullman (might be too old now or not possible since he was the President in the film), and Jeff Goldblum. The 'cuckoo' guy would be nice to have again but I highly doubt that happen.

Agree with this. I doubt there will be most of the same cast, do it will probably feel like a reboot. The movie was a great one and I just hope with whatever cast that this one is good too.

• 8 months later...