Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > >

Old 05-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
Wargazsem

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default Cult classic, Devils rejects and house of 1000 corpse

Great cult movies, if you like the throw back style.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
Tussell

Send a message via AIM to Tussell Send a message via MSN to Tussell

It's funny this thread popped up. There's discussion about it elsewhere as well, though it's not solely about these two films.

I absolutely love House of 1,000 Corpses as well as The Devils Rejects. I'm not some random asshole who just picks up on horror movies when they come out, and I certainly don't have ignorant opinions. I live for horror movies.

I think that House of 1,000 Corpses is awesome. I mean, yeah, there's parts that are 'cliché' but whatever. As for The Devils Rejects, I think it's absolutely fantastic. I can't think of a better way to wrap up an epic like that. The ending scene was phenomenal.

As for Rob Zombies Halloween and Halloween 2, I think he should be shot in the face for what he did. He absolutely ruined the films. Michael Myers isn't supposed to be some pussy who snapped because he was picked on during his childhood. He was born an evil seed. Michael Myers wasn't born in some shit-shack with hillbilly parents. He was born into a white-collar home, with parents that couldn't handle him.

Rob Zombie can make good original films, and can make some damn good music. However, Educated Horses and Hellbilly Deluxe 2 were absolutely garbage, his solo career prior to that, as well as the obvious White Zombie, will forever go down in history as some of the best of its genre.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
Wargazsem

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tussell View Post
It's funny this thread popped up. There's discussion about it elsewhere as well, though it's not solely about these two films.

I absolutely love House of 1,000 Corpses as well as The Devils Rejects. I'm not some random asshole who just picks up on horror movies when they come out, and I certainly don't have ignorant opinions. I live for horror movies.

I think that House of 1,000 Corpses is awesome. I mean, yeah, there's parts that are 'cliché' but whatever. As for The Devils Rejects, I think it's absolutely fantastic. I can't think of a better way to wrap up an epic like that. The ending scene was phenomenal.

As for Rob Zombies Halloween and Halloween 2, I think he should be shot in the face for what he did. He absolutely ruined the films. Michael Myers isn't supposed to be some pussy who snapped because he was picked on during his childhood. He was born an evil seed. Michael Myers wasn't born in some shit-shack with hillbilly parents. He was born into a white-collar home, with parents that couldn't handle him.

Rob Zombie can make good original films, and can make some damn good music. However, Educated Horses and Hellbilly Deluxe 2 were absolutely garbage, his solo career prior to that, as well as the obvious White Zombie, will forever go down in history as some of the best of its genre.
Off topic I even enjojed zombieland, grindhouse and natural born killers. I'm a sucker for grear b movies
Old 05-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #4
esquishy

Cult classics? I wasn't aware those movies had a following, awesome movies none the less. Natural Born Killers is one of my favorite movies.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:31 AM   #5
jp_728

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze

rob zombie is almost completely homage. i like the fact that he is a true horror and rock music fan, but how can you expect your work to be taken if it's almost pure tribute?

i mean, i have some favorite films, books, music, games, etc. if i recreate them in spirit or even literally recreate them, how is it going to turn out? an homage is for fans. rob zombie's original work is tailored for people who are in love with the same things he pays tribute to. which is fine, and i honestly enjoy some stuff like that. it just causes things to become overrated. or cult classic, as they say.

it's good to have people like rob zombie for people who like his stuff. i've found house of 1000 corpses a perfectly adequate film. not bad, not awesome. devil's rejects is far worse to me.
jp_728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:21 AM   #6
dante_kinkade

Send a message via AIM to dante_kinkade

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tussell View Post

No his childhood past is not why the movies sucked at all, the reason why the Zombie Halloween movies suck is because he fucks up how Michael acts and thinks, first off he kills a guy he would have ignored and then the fact in Zombies version he changes him into a sado-sexual murder when in fact Michael is a sociopath who has no interest in sex or anything to do with it because he only cares about killing his family to fill his part of the cults legends and prophecy.

dante_kinkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:33 AM   #7
[PS3T]kira

Send a message via Skype™ to [PS3T]kira

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

House of 1000 Corpses suckeeeddddddddddd. That movie was so terrible. Now for The Devils Rejects, that was funny.
[PS3T]kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #8
joeyc138

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

I'm not to big on Rob Zombies work in film. He should just stick to creating music.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #9
the collector

Devils Rejects was killer. House of A 1000.... was great too. You definately have to appreciate movies in the 70's era to love these. As for the Halloween remake: showing michaels' childhood was instrumental in getting the point across. While he tortured small animals, a telltale sign of a serial killer, his home life was horrible. So was he a product of his enviroment or just born with the 'killer instinct' ? It was left up to you to decide. As for part 2: epic fail. No matter what I think of the movies, Rob Zombie has some beautifully shot scenes in his movies. I believe he has an eye for composition, lighting, camera placement, etc. But maybe not completely for script writing. I would say he makes movies better then he sings....
the collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #10
Tussell

Send a message via AIM to Tussell Send a message via MSN to Tussell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante_kinkade View Post
No his childhood past is not why the movies sucked at all, the reason why the Zombie Halloween movies suck is because he fucks up how Michael acts and thinks, first off he kills a guy he would have ignored and then the fact in Zombies version he changes him into a sado-sexual murder when in fact Michael is a sociopath who has no interest in sex or anything to do with it because he only cares about killing his family to fill his part of the cults legends and prophecy.
Um, his childhood past is another BIG reason the movie sucked. That was the whole gimmick behind the first movie movie. OMGUCANSEEHIMGROWUP! They fucked it up royally. While I agree with the rest, it completely pissed me off.
kthnxbye