Cult classic, Devils rejects and house of 1000 corpse

Wargazsem

It's funny this thread popped up. There's discussion about it elsewhere as well, though it's not solely about these two films.

I absolutely love House of 1,000 Corpses as well as The Devils Rejects. I'm not some random asshole who just picks up on horror movies when they come out, and I certainly don't have ignorant opinions. I live for horror movies.

I think that House of 1,000 Corpses is awesome. I mean, yeah, there's parts that are 'cliché' but whatever. As for The Devils Rejects, I think it's absolutely fantastic. I can't think of a better way to wrap up an epic like that. The ending scene was phenomenal.

As for Rob Zombies Halloween and Halloween 2, I think he should be shot in the face for what he did. He absolutely ruined the films. Michael Myers isn't supposed to be some pussy who snapped because he was picked on during his childhood. He was born an evil seed. Michael Myers wasn't born in some shit-shack with hillbilly parents. He was born into a white-collar home, with parents that couldn't handle him.

Rob Zombie can make good original films, and can make some damn good music. However, Educated Horses and Hellbilly Deluxe 2 were absolutely garbage, his solo career prior to that, as well as the obvious White Zombie, will forever go down in history as some of the best of its genre.

It's funny this thread popped up. There's discussion about it elsewhere as well, though it's not solely about these two films.

I absolutely love House of 1,000 Corpses as well as The Devils Rejects. I'm not some random asshole who just picks up on horror movies when they come out, and I certainly don't have ignorant opinions. I live for horror movies.

I think that House of 1,000 Corpses is awesome. I mean, yeah, there's parts that are 'cliché' but whatever. As for The Devils Rejects, I think it's absolutely fantastic. I can't think of a better way to wrap up an epic like that. The ending scene was phenomenal.

As for Rob Zombies Halloween and Halloween 2, I think he should be shot in the face for what he did. He absolutely ruined the films. Michael Myers isn't supposed to be some pussy who snapped because he was picked on during his childhood. He was born an evil seed. Michael Myers wasn't born in some shit-shack with hillbilly parents. He was born into a white-collar home, with parents that couldn't handle him.

Rob Zombie can make good original films, and can make some damn good music. However, Educated Horses and Hellbilly Deluxe 2 were absolutely garbage, his solo career prior to that, as well as the obvious White Zombie, will forever go down in history as some of the best of its genre.

Off topic I even enjojed zombieland, grindhouse and natural born killers. I'm a sucker for grear b movies

rob zombie is almost completely homage. i like the fact that he is a true horror and rock music fan, but how can you expect your work to be taken if it's almost pure tribute?

i mean, i have some favorite films, books, music, games, etc. if i recreate them in spirit or even literally recreate them, how is it going to turn out? an homage is for fans. rob zombie's original work is tailored for people who are in love with the same things he pays tribute to. which is fine, and i honestly enjoy some stuff like that. it just causes things to become overrated. or cult classic, as they say.

it's good to have people like rob zombie for people who like his stuff. i've found house of 1000 corpses a perfectly adequate film. not bad, not awesome. devil's rejects is far worse to me.

No his childhood past is not why the movies sucked at all, the reason why the Zombie Halloween movies suck is because he fucks up how Michael acts and thinks, first off he kills a guy he would have ignored and then the fact in Zombies version he changes him into a sado-sexual murder when in fact Michael is a sociopath who has no interest in sex or anything to do with it because he only cares about killing his family to fill his part of the cults legends and prophecy.

Devils Rejects was killer. House of A 1000.... was great too. You definately have to appreciate movies in the 70's era to love these. As for the Halloween remake: showing michaels' childhood was instrumental in getting the point across. While he tortured small animals, a telltale sign of a serial killer, his home life was horrible. So was he a product of his enviroment or just born with the 'killer instinct' ? It was left up to you to decide. As for part 2: epic fail. No matter what I think of the movies, Rob Zombie has some beautifully shot scenes in his movies. I believe he has an eye for composition, lighting, camera placement, etc. But maybe not completely for script writing.:rolleyes: I would say he makes movies better then he sings....:whistle:

No his childhood past is not why the movies sucked at all, the reason why the Zombie Halloween movies suck is because he fucks up how Michael acts and thinks, first off he kills a guy he would have ignored and then the fact in Zombies version he changes him into a sado-sexual murder when in fact Michael is a sociopath who has no interest in sex or anything to do with it because he only cares about killing his family to fill his part of the cults legends and prophecy.

Um, his childhood past is another BIG reason the movie sucked. That was the whole gimmick behind the first movie movie. OMGUCANSEEHIMGROWUP! They fucked it up royally. While I agree with the rest, it completely pissed me off.

kthnxbye

I was unaware that either Devils Rejects or House of 1000 Corpses were cult classics. Either way, decent movies but I don't really think either is anything special really.

They're not cult classics... they are merely made in the style of cult classic horror films. As a fan of some of the old school cult horror films and horror in general, I found the Rob Zombie films to be pretty bad. I don't recommend them.

I couldn't say it better! That's exactly what I think about the movies.

Speaking of other amazing cult movies:

The Evil Dead Trilogy

Bad Taste

Braindead

Evil Ed (a swedish b-splatter which is awesome)

Bubba Ho-Tep

Meet the Feebles

The Toxic Avenger

There's alot of great movies and I can't think of them all right now but I love the movies above ;)

As stated in the other thread, I hated both movies but of course to each his own. With the Devil's Rejects, I understand that he was trying to present the morality complex at the end where the killers were almost the good guys and the cops were the villains but I just feel it didn't work. The characters were never likable to the point where you could feel sympathy for them and for that, I think Zombie's direction didn't work because he couldn't make me feel the way he wanted the audience to feel at the end of the series.

All in all though, they really are modern cult classics pretty much. I describe a cult movie as something that either was good and under appreciated when it came out or not that great but a select number of people absolutely love it, which I define these two movies in the latter portion.