LittleBigPlanet 2: Move Pack - Road Map and Trophy Guide

TheFlyingToaster

The servers have now closed, therefore the 100% is unobtainable if you didn't get the online trophies before that happened.

Overview:

+ Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 4/10

+ Trophy Breakdown: 9(B) - 2(S)

+ Online/Offline: 2 Online trophies, "Accomplished Mover" and "Feel the Earth Move". The rest can all be done offline but you would need to have at least 1 move controller and 2 normal controllers (DS3/Sixaxis). - Unobtainable

+ Approximate Time To 100%: 3 hours+

+ Minimum Number Of Playthroughs Needed: 1 (will likely be at least 2 though)

+ Missable Trophies: None

Step 1 - Play through the DLC Story:

Just play through the story getting as many prize bubbles as you can, I'd recommend playing through in co-op so you can to get all the x2 bubbles done, it will also make a lot of other bubbles easier. You can do the x2 bubbles on your own with 1 move and 2 DS3 controllers, it will just be a bit more hassle.

Step 2 - Side Levels:

Now play through the side levels. There are a couple of miscellaneous trophies to get such as "On A Roll" and "On The Ball". You'll also need to reach the high scores in order to get 100% of the prize bubbles. If you need help with levels see the "Avid Collector" trophy.

Step 3 - Aces/Prize Bubbles:

Now you need to play through the 6 story levels to clean up any prize bubbles you missed for the "Avid Collector" trophy and also ace all 6 of them for "Ace In The Pack"

Step 4 - Miscellaneous:

There are a handful of trophies not related to the new levels, but they are all rather straightforward. Check the guide for "Diploma In Creation", "Path To Success", "Self Portrait" & "Feel The Earth Move" - Unobtainable.

Edited by Terminator
Added server closure notices.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/48.jpg(S)Avid Collector

Collect 100% of LittleBigPlanet 2: Move Pack prize bubbles

You need to collect all the prize bubbles in the Move story levels as well as the side level, it's pretty much the same deal as with the main game. I'd recommend playing through the whole thing with a partner online, or offline if you have 2 move controllers. There are some sections that require 2 people and there are many others that are just easier with two since you have pick up other players with the Brain crane and launch them at bubbles. Just by having a partner and being thorough you should get the majority of the bubbles. There are videos below for the main story levels and the toughest of the side levels.

You can get these on your own with 1 move controller and 2 normal controllers (DS3/Sixaxis) by switching the move controller back and forth between the other two to control both sack people and allow you to get all the prize bubbles - Thanks Bendtner92

Main Story Levels:

Side Levels:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/49.jpg(S)Ace In The Pack

Ace all the Story levels in the LittleBigPlanet 2: Move Pack

Ace the 6 main story levels in the dlc. Again, this is the same deal as the main game. You need to complete each of the levels without dying so that the golden spade shows up next to the level icon. Some of the levels can be quite tricky, such as the last 2 levels, but they are all very doable. Just take it slow when you have to, don't try to rush, and you should get through it. Most of the levels aren't too bad once you are familiar with them.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/50.jpg(B)Accomplished Mover

Complete 25 community levels that require the Motion Controller

UNOBTAINABLE DUE TO SERVER CLOSURE

For the quickest/easiest time you'll want some instant finish levels to play. You can search the name of the trophy, "Accomplished Mover", and some should come up. It won't take long playing levels like these, simply finish 25 of them. You can play normal levels if you prefer, it will just take longer. Look for the little Move icon next to the icon for the level to show that it's a move level and will count towards this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/51.jpg(B)Diploma In Creation

Complete all the tutorials in the LittleBigPlanet 2: Move Pack

There are a bunch of new tutorials added with this update so just go through each of them in turn in the tutorials menu. You don't even actually have to do the tutorial, you can just run to the end. Although you might want to complete the "Motion Recorder" tutorial as doing so will also get you the "Path to Success" trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/52.jpg(B)Locksmith

Unlock all the LittleBigPlanet 2: Move Pack minigames

There are a total of 7 minigames to unlock in the move pack. You can see which are unlocked in which main story level as they branch of from it at level select. None of the keys are particularly out of the way so you are likely to get them all just playing as you would normally. See for the video "Avid Collector" trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/53.jpg(B)Feel The Earth Move

Publish a Motion Controller enabled level to the Earth

UNOBTAINABLE DUE TO SERVER CLOSURE

This is a simple one if you are just looking for the trophy. Head to your moon and just create a simple start finish level. Then from your toolbag, add a Brain Crane to the level and also make sure the level is Move recommended in the game options (Thanks mjc0961). Then save, exit, and publish to get your trophy. The level should have a move icon next to it on your planet.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/54.jpg(B)Stick It To The Man

Destroy the boss in Just Desserts

This is a story related trophy. You will get it by completing the final boss level in the dlc "Just Desserts". The boss is fairly straightforward, you need to use the firebugs located in each section and launch them at the boss when he is in their line of fire while dodging the attacks he throws at you. The firebugs at first must be held down with the Move before releasing which causes them to fire directly up. Further on in the fight, there will be one in the middle on a rope that you need to pull back in on direction and release to fire at the boss in the opposite direction. Once you down the boss, you'll get this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/55.jpg(B)On The Ball

Complete The Tail of Claude The Field Mouse without dropping a ball

This is one of the side missions that tasks you with moving pieces of wood and other objects around in order to guide a ball from a starting point to a destination. To get this trophy you need to complete all 8 puzzles without failing once. There is a place for a sticker at the start that adds a second ball, don't use it when going for this trophy, it helps when going for prize bubbles in this level.

There is more than one possible solution to a lot of these so there may be easier solutions to some of them. They all work though and should get you through the level easily enough. See the spoiler for the solutions.

K3Ts9Ur.png

chiQS5t.png

47gk605.png

6V1gJQB.png

iiWhDTG.png

ZOEF9AM.png

VK0B6Gj.png

aFaMp0M.png

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/56.jpg(B)On A Roll

Complete Fast Food without losing a ball

This is another of the side levels. You need to tilt the move controller to move the ball around a course. This one if fairly straightforward. It's a relatively short level and there aren't that many dangers. You eventually come to some red holes in the ground you need to avoid and there is a narrow path you need to negotiate near the end but if you just take it slow and are careful at these sections, it shouldn't cause you much trouble. There is also a wall that is marked with a skull, when you hit it you get a new path to go on. Avoid it when going for this trophy, however, use it when trying to get all the prize bubbles.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/57.jpg(B)Self Portrait

Use a painting as your avatar

You can paint from your popit, you can just do it from your pod. Open it up, go to sticker and select paint. Paint anything you want, doesn't have to be good, and save your masterpiece. There is a tutorial on painting if you want a bit more info on how to do it so that you can make something nicer. Once you have your painting saved, go to "Me" on the Pod computer and then "My Profile". Select the picture at the top left and change it to your saved painting.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/58.jpg(B)Path To Success

Use the Motion Recorder to record your movements

Easiest way to get this is to just follow the "Motion Recorder" tutorial when going for the "Diploma In Creation" trophy. It's a quick tutorial that teaches you how to record movements for objects and characters using the move controller which you can then play back during your level. Once you create some movements for Stephen Fry's cat, the trophy will pop.

Edited by Terminator
Added server closure notices and fixed some broken links.

Argh, you beat me to making this guide, it's pretty much identical to mine too! I suspected you might be making one when I was doing the 25 plays trophy and saw that you had made a quick level. Oh well, it's a good guide, here's to the imminent sticky :)

Edited by morg106

This. Also, is it possible to get all prize bubbles in The Tail of Claude The Field Mouse bonus level with just 1 ball?

Not sure. It's actually not that hard to do with the two balls, though. I lost quite a few and still managed to get all the bubbles. After going through it a few times, you should learn the patterns rather quickly.

I need to sort out my video recorder, once I do I'll do a video for the tower defence level, that is if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Edit: I managed to make a video of the level, uploading it now.

Just what I needed. Any chance of one for Jam Kerblam and Pond Skating as well?

In Jam Kerblam, I can't seem to get over 100K and feel like I must be missing something as others have said that one isn't too hard. I go for multipliers of course, trying to set some up along the way, but by the time I get to the red and orange blocks, the board becomes a mosaic with no more than 2-3 same colored blocks together. Also, the Move controller also isn't always responsive as sometimes when I'm trying to go fast, I have to hit T a couple times for it to register.

Added a video, for Defence Mechanism under the prize bubble trophy. I might do some for the other side missions as well then.

Thanks for a nice guide ill be using it to get some of the trophies, but it states that there are no online trophies, but shouldn't Accomplished Mover and Feel the Earth Move be considered online trophies?

Thanks, I was kind of tired when I wrote it up, not sure why I thought there weren't any online trophies :p

Will you be adding story level videos as well? Currently missing 1 bubble each from Valley of Sackbot and Underground Runaround. No idea where they could be.

I'll be adding videos for all the levels as they become available, yeah. I might end up making them myself.

Thanks for the Defence Mechanism video, it really helped. Having trouble with Pond Skater now but I suspect it will be easier to hit the 10k with 2 players, hopefully anyway, I will be going through later and finishing off the 2 player prize bubbles, will try it then.

Will you be adding story level videos as well? Currently missing 1 bubble each from Valley of Sackbot and Underground Runaround. No idea where they could be.

If I remember right there is one in the Underground Runaround level right at the start, in the top left corner, it's kinda blacked out in a shadow and it looks to me like it needs 2 players. Hence my sentence above.

Thanks for the Defence Mechanism video, it really helped. Having trouble with Pond Skater now but I suspect it will be easier to hit the 10k with 2 players, hopefully anyway, I will be going through later and finishing off the 2 player prize bubbles, will try it then.

It is, since as far as I know, there really isn't a difficulty jump from 1 to 2 players. Just make sure you line up your Skater properly so that you get as many bubbles as you can in one skate.

Do you need to collect a prize bubble of the Motion Recorder in a story level before you can use it in the tutorial? I tried to do the tutorial but the Motion Recorder is grayed out.

EDIT: Since nobody seemed to want to help me out I'll answer my own question. Using the MOVE controller and the Move Navigation controller, the Motion Recorder icon was grayed out and I was unable to use it. If this happens to you, don't use the Navigation controller but use the regular PS3 controller. When I swapped controllers, the Motion Recorder icon was usable and I got the trophy.

Edited by EPICRAGE

Just what I needed. Any chance of one for Jam Kerblam and Pond Skating as well?

In Jam Kerblam, I can't seem to get over 100K and feel like I must be missing something as others have said that one isn't too hard. I go for multipliers of course, trying to set some up along the way, but by the time I get to the red and orange blocks, the board becomes a mosaic with no more than 2-3 same colored blocks together. Also, the Move controller also isn't always responsive as sometimes when I'm trying to go fast, I have to hit T a couple times for it to register.

I found that level to be difficult as well. I just kept trying and trying, going for the highest score possible as soon as possible. After a while, you'll get many of those damned Skull blocks, and just by hitting one of those it will have a significant impact in your score. Not only that, but you'll also get fewer blocks of the same colour together (usually no more than 3).

I think it helps if you aim for the lower blocks during the hard part, because current blocks fall of the screen and new ones appear, leaving you with a slight higher chance of same-coloured blocks to be together or close, AND making the Skull blocks disappear as well. I hope this helps!

As a side note, I haven't any issue with the Move during that level. I think the T button function is just purposefully delayed after you press it, so that you won't get to spam the same button over and over again.

Somewhere in the guide, I think you should note that it is possible to get all Prize Bubbles on your own as long as you have 2 Dualshock and 1 Move controllers. I got all Prize Bubbles this way, so it can be done.

Very good guide though. Big thanks for the Defence Mechanism video!

Really? can you just switch the move controller back and forth between sack people for the 2 player stuff or something? I'll have to have a go and see.