WARNING: Servers close 1st October (2012)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was a fun game. I am glad I platinumed this. I am one that needs to download the DLC ghosts, but I can't connect to the server somehow. I hope I can 100% this before the server shuts.

Edit: I think they wiped the leaderboards

Thats another problem, hopefully some has been kind enough to upload youtube vids.

I haven't found any. I will try to contact Sony about this.

My last e-mail to them was never replied to, so I guess this company is slowly turning to EA.

Edit: I decided to contact Sony via e-mail. I suggest some others do this, so that one of us may receive a reply. This is a huge problem for everybody, as now other trophies will be taken away from our platinums/ 100%s.

I was trying to download my friends' ghosts on Motorstorm Pacific Rift this morning when I continually noticed error messages upon trying to access them. Unfortunately, after several "Yes" presses later, I was finally able to view the leaderboards. There were no times posted on the leaderboard at all- I tried the friend filter, the worldwide filter, and the my position filter. This happened to all the tracks. On top of that, I received a barrage of error messages when I try to change the filter. How can I view the leaderboard times, so that I can download my friends' ghosts? Thank You.

I received a reply 2 hours ago, and I just sent out another e-mail, since they wanted more information. I am getting to the bottom of this server issue.

Thank You for your understanding and assistance! Unfortunately, since this error was in game, I didn't receive any error codes. I received several error messages, though. When I was trying to access the leaderboards, I received the most common message "There was an error connecting with the server. Retry?" When I finally accessed the leaderboard, a different error occurred, "There was an error receiving information about your friends. Retry?". That error only occurs one time, but the connecting the server error keeps occurring. But no matter how many times I press "Yes" on the "Retry?" prompt, I an unable to view any ghosts, whether they are my friends' or the overall leaderboard times. Thanks again.*

I received a reply! Here's what is recommended:

Hello Anthony,

Thank you so much for your swift reply!

The errors you are receiving indicate a network issue. To remedy this, we would strengthen the Internet connection.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can take for the network:

* Disable your Media Server Connection under [settings] > [Network Settings] > [Media Server Connection].

* Power cycle your network devices. Leave both your modem and router unplugged without power for at least a full two minutes.

After you power cycle, attempt to reconnect to your network with the following steps:

* Select [settings] > [Network Settings] > [internet Connection Settings].

* Choose [Easy] set up, and then [Wireless Network].

* [scan] for your network, then select your network from the list.

* Press right once you see your network's ID, then ensure that the proper security type is highlighted. Press right again, and then enter your network security key.

* Press X to save your settings, and then X again to test if your connection is now working.

* Try positioning your PlayStation®3 system closer to the wireless router to enhance the wireless signal.

* Try updating your router or modem firmware through your computer.

* If your router has a MAC address filter, please add the MAC address of your PlayStation®3 to the accepted list. Your MAC address can be found at [settings] > [system Settings] > [system Information].

* You may need to open ports on your router. I've included a link to the port information below, you will need to contact your router manufacturer for support with opening the ports for game play:

Firewall Port Numbers to Play Games Online

Article Link: PlayStation® Knowledge Center | Answer

* You may need to connect the PlayStation 3 system directly to your router via an Ethernet cable to increase the signal strength.

* Finally, try connecting your PlayStation 3 to the Internet in a different network environment (such as a friend's house) to see if you receive better results. If you do, the problem lies with your Internet Service Provider or router manufacturer.

For additional help with network troubleshooting, please check the link below:

Troubleshoot a Wireless Network Connection

Article Link: PlayStation® Knowledge Center | Answer

Thank you,

Sandy S.

If none of these work for anybody, then just assume they wiped the leaderboards.

Edited by a3069namebke
Possible Solution!

So there's no ghosts to download whatsoever? Im definitely screwed then, i got all the online trophies a couple of months ago but have not been on it since because i was burnt out with the game by how long i was on boosting it with the group i was in.

Think i was on 12 trials done and had a couple of ghosts downloaded but not all of them. Wish i soldiered through it when i was last playing it now instead of putting it off for so long. Doubt id get the Hire me trophy even if there is videos on youtube for every trial in the game.

This is very sad news, but i guess I knew this is going to happen. Last time I checked, couple months ago, I could not find ranked matches anymore:(

I'm still pissed that they closed the servers of the original MotorStorm. Oh, how I miss Rockhopper and Raingod Mesa. And racing with my Ozutsu Ronin in Dust Devil. Sigh...

PR's online was pretty much ruined by the terrible rank system. Losing your rank is not cool. Screw up one race and you lost all the progress you have managed to get in 3-4 good races before that. And you don't even need to screw up on your own. All you need is some other player crashing you and boom, goodbye progress. It pretty much ruins the thing I love about MotorStorm. Brutal offroad racing where you're allowed to do anything you need to get finish first. In first Motorstorm it was fun even when you got smashed. You can't say that in PR if you are into trophies...

As for the time trials, do you mean you can't see dev ghosts or the other players' ghosts?

Sorry for long post that no one is even gonna read. The main thing is

Pacific Rift, you will be missed.

Well the Sony representative helped me connect to the leaderboards faster, but she didn't make the times appear. I also checked the ranked leaderboards, and the same problem occurred. I just don't understand why Sony would remove this feature.

I also don't get why the servers shutting down. I tried to connect online, and I did so with few problems. I was actually able to find a ranked race with a total of 8 people in it. It only took me 16 seconds.

I guess I won't be able to get the DLC ghosts since, as mentioned, it will be 3G harder without a friends guide. I was looking forward to the 100%, but it seems I won't be getting it. I'll browse this Fourm to see if there are any updates on the leaderboards.

My last words to this game, the same words when I lost a festival race by .01 seconds, lost XP online, or crashed due to the brutal AI, is $&@! YOU Pacific Rift!!!

Edit: TAAV, you are unable to see your friends' ghosts or the leader ghosts. You can see the dev ghosts, but they stink as they don't use valuable shortcuts.

Edited by a3069namebke

Ok, but I think the dev ghosts are still better than nothing. I used mainly those when did these time trials about a year ago. Downloaded player ghosts when I was really struggling with the time. Had really hard time trying to keep up with some of those fast player ghosts.

Key to these time trials is pretty much knowing the tracks and which route to take for a vehicle your driving.

Respect for a3069namebke and everyone with the plat, platting this game is not easy job to do. I've been sitting in 60% for a long time now and it seems like it will stay that way. Unless I miraculously get all my remaining multiplayer trophies before october. And pull those extra controllers out of nowhere.

Edited by TAAVIANKKA
More and more people with plat showing up. I'm so jealous:p

Turns out i am missing the ghosts i downloaded for 2 tracks. Making those a little tougher but still do able. Plat'd this a while back now, thankfully just the DLC to do but have all the online trophies.

Tracks i am missing the ghost times for are Brimstone and Quicksands. Only got the Big Rig and Monster Truck times to beat on Brimstone then i'll do Quicksands to get those two tougher ones out of the way.

SONY's tips are bad for all games I tell tips: make you ps3 own ip using custom way then set it to Your router DMZ (If too old router DMZ Doesn't work or it doesn't even have that) & lastly do wired connection & no problem with any game (I'm not played this game)

DISABLE UPnP! In Games like Littlebigplanet 1 & 2 using UPnP is impossible play online with online friends

Edited by P3hmo6

I never found leaderboard ghosts to be helpful to be honest. They were all way too fast to keep up with. I used trial and error along with following the best route a dev took with one vehicle and used the route for the other vehicles. It worked, except you might have to change or adjust the route for certain vehicle classes sometimes. Rarely, you'll have no best route so you will have to just use the dev route you're given (Quicksands Big Rig being a flawless example).

Some of the Leaderboard ghosts where useful, if you could keep up with them at the start of the race you could often get a good head start on the developer. But like the Druoxrodest says its very hard to keep up with them, and often they arent helpful.

EDIT: Quicksands was one of the ones that i was missing the leaderboards ghosts for lol.

Which trophies need to be done online? What does a person need to do before the servers go offline if he has no Trophies and wants to get Platinum?

Head over to the boosting thread and try to get in a group that's boosting. It's quite a process, so if you really want to get the platinum you should start soon.

Well the Sony representative helped me connect to the leaderboards faster, but she didn't make the times appear. I also checked the ranked leaderboards, and the same problem occurred. I just don't understand why Sony would remove this feature.

I also don't get why the servers shutting down. I tried to connect online, and I did so with few problems. I was actually able to find a ranked race with a total of 8 people in it. It only took me 16 seconds.

I guess I won't be able to get the DLC ghosts since, as mentioned, it will be 3G harder without a friends guide. I was looking forward to the 100%, but it seems I won't be getting it. I'll browse this Fourm to see if there are any updates on the leaderboards.

My last words to this game, the same words when I lost a festival race by .01 seconds, lost XP online, or crashed due to the brutal AI, is $&@! YOU Pacific Rift!!!

Edit: TAAV, you are unable to see your friends' ghosts or the leader ghosts. You can see the dev ghosts, but they stink as they don't use valuable shortcuts.

But arent you trying to beat the Dev ghosts to begin with? just practice a few times and you'll eventually be able to do their routes better than them, I did that with Artic Edge speaking of which its servers are going down at the same time :(