Ridiculously difficult

1 silver 24 bronze. That sums it up. either this is hard or IM only good at street racing games. Golds are impossible for me or EXTREMELY time consuming I have 70 wins. The silver I got was for the RAnked streak.

IM on rank 7 on festival. CAn't win anymore. Almost lost an entire rank online (Silver Veteran). Beaten 3 ghost times.

Ive completely given up.

What problems are you having? DO you see any chance at platinum. I dont.

Some of you have it but who else can't win online or ranked 8 races.

• 4 weeks later...

the trick to beating AI is to understand how rubberband AI works. the more you boost, the faster and farther ahead the AI pushes ahead.

to beat the AI on festival ranks 7+, i didnt boost! (not until the last lap anyway). race perfect lines, dont spill (not even once), take the shortest routes, and you can often find yourself in 3rd to 5th place on the last and final lap w/o using boost. at the final lap, let the juice flow on hard turns/ straights and pull ahead praying for the AI to take long corners and to slow each other down.

it really comes down to persistence and flawless racing. keep at it.

• 4 weeks later...

that there is some fine advice. although i'm usually all in for challenging trophies, this wasn't looking too good until i read that post of yours

i can't bloody wait for the game to arrive

Im afraid that PR follows the old MS1 tradition of making single player INSANE! Not in a fair way either.

The only thing i can recommend is that you DO not make even the slightest mistake. I also suggest learning the best routes for each track via the top time trail ghosts.

Some of my freinds did however win some of those impossible races even though they crashed at the start. So i believe the only real explaination is that the game has moods LOL. Just keep trying your luck.

Cheers, Brrnout

• 3 years later...
the dificulty is ridiculosly. The final races of the festival are incredibly hard and the online trophies too.

Keep at it, this time last year I was on 44% trophy completion and never thought I'd be able to earn anymore but after getting back into it at the start of the year I have my 100% platinum while currently working on my last 9 stars for 100% platinum on Mirror's Edge.

• 3 months later...
Yeah this game is too hard. I can't win any races. You can't afford to crash at all. The AI is too fast and you need to know the map like the back of your hand!!!

Thats your problem right there. The AI are retarded in the game so you need to trick them to win. Some tips I found helpful:

Dont be afraid to crash, if you do it just means the AI will slow down for you due to their Rubber Banding. Of course you cant crash too much because you will still lose.

When you are in the lead, dont try to get further out infront. This just makes the AI speed up. Save your boost and when you get overtaken, boost back to 1st position which should be relatively easy and then stop and save your boost so you can repeat. It becomes quite manageable if you know the tricks.