Online not working?

VazzVegas

The last two nights I've tried playing online matches and when I select Multiplayer, I'm just stuck at the initial screen where it says "Communicating with server..."

Please don't tell me they closed the servers unannounced or that I'm permanently screwed from finishing the online for some other reason.

EDIT: One other piece of info: Right before trying to get online last night, I had to download system update 4.66. That better be the reason and they better fix that shit if it is.

EDIT 2: Weekly challenges and Downloaded events also do not work. FTS.

EDIT 3: It appears the online has been killed for everyone! WARNING: New PS3 UPDATE KILLED MOTORSTORM APOCALYPSE ONLINE... - PlayStation® Forums

Edited by VazzVegas

You gotta be kidding me o.O

I just went back to the game to Platinum it and online portion is dead?

Is it really confirmed?

No one will confirm or deny. All Sony support agents are denying that the problem exists or are ignoring it. Evolution Studios have smartly made it impossible to contact them. I`m thinking the only way is to post on their Driveclub twitter account but I don`t do Twitter so i`ll have to figure it out first. I would encourage anyone with Twitter to try it because I honestly don`t know if they`re even aware.

No one will confirm or deny. All Sony support agents are denying that the problem exists or are ignoring it. Evolution Studios have smartly made it impossible to contact them. I`m thinking the only way is to post on their Driveclub twitter account but I don`t do Twitter so i`ll have to figure it out first. I would encourage anyone with Twitter to try it because I honestly don`t know if they`re even aware.

This guy apparently tries to do something.

https://twitter.com/mark_smallman/with_replies

But it appears that @AskPlaystation replied to him that servers are no longer available :/

If I keep trying over and over I can eventually get it past the "Communicating with server" message to where it lets you create or find a match, but I can never get past that. I'm not sure if that means it DID connect to the servers for a brief second to get to that point or not....but it always freezes on me when trying to go past that point.

They are the ones behind MS:A?

Probably moved resources from MS:A to Driveclub and screwed up.

Read about that as well.

First good news in a while.

(On the other hand, it's in hand of the guys who still haven't apparently fixed the issue with DRIVECLUB... :D)

That's great news! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this and when the servers do get fixed I'll be knocking the MP trophies out ASAP!

You are not the only one, man :D

I just check the board to see if the online was still up a few days before this happened. This is super annoying considering i already started the game. I do like how positive everybody feels about the response from the devs however i know big business well. Nothing is all good until the online is back up and running. This would be the first game on my trophy list that i cannot obtain 100% on. Very frustrating. I have a bad feeling about this one fellas. If i was a betting man, I'd bet on never seeing th mp section working again.