Online Rank Resetting

I am encountering a very weird bug with this game. Yesterday I boosted some races and went from 1 to 22 in rank. Today, when I booted the game, it shows me that I am rank 11 and now, every time I quit and restart the game, my rank resets to 11.

I have also tried backing up the save and deleting it. This way it keeps resetting me to rank 1 after exit. My progress is not saved on their online servers.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a known bug or have the developers decided to permanently reset my rank because of boosting?

Also, my online profile for the game shows zero activity and that I am rank 1: MotorStorm: The official PlayStation game site. :confused:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
were you guys boosting when you noticed problem or playing regular when issue started?

I boosted using the turbo controller/2 account thing. I didn't notice any resets or adjustments to my rank. In the middle I played less than 10 races legit just to get the 50 accolades trophy but the rest was just auto playing on my other PS3.

And to all those who bang on about how bad it is to boost this game, I didn't enjoy the online and you can't make me play it. I also don't like jelly or driving or housework so I also avoid them.