MotorStorm: Apocalypse digital version

cliffy

So i played a copy of this at a mates it had comic book cutscenes came home checked the store and it was avalible as a digital download went ahead and purchased ,now im playing this game and no cutscenes just go's from race to race kinda wondering where the hell is the rest of my game i just paid for :think: anyone else have this issue at all ?

• 2 months later...

I played the trial a while back and it was like that, with no cutscenes. Then I just rented the disc version and noticed the cutscenes. Guess they just left it out of the digital version. Kind of dumb really. They shouldn't even make these alternate versions in the first place. I remember buying Burnout Paradise on the PSN after renting and playing the disc version for a long time. Had no idea the game saves wouldn't work. But whatever, I'm just rambling at this point lol.

• 3 weeks later...

so i bought the disc version and got the platinum but i was wondering if the game is a different entity and would it give seperate trophies if i download the digital version as it's free on the store this month? so erm no you don't get anything for replaying this game as a digital download :(

Edited by spyderman1
tested it out myself

Uhm, that's suck, oh well never mind, if I want to watch the cutscene I'll go to Youtube :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUMxOQCQWxY]Motorstorm Apocalypse Cutscenes Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by FlareZero

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just started playing my free PSN+ digital copy yesterday and thought that it was missing something when the game just went from track to track with no explanation as to what was going on. This makes a lot more sense now. I'm sure they could have figured a way to reduce file size so they could include the story, but then that would take effort lol. Not really that bothered though to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And would you look at that.. if you check out the item in the PS Store, it actually says that the digital version is missing the cutscenes from the disc-version. Where does it say that, you ask? In the bottom of course..

I gotta agree with the others. That's simply a braindead decision to rip them out, and again how much space could they possibly add on to the existing file size? It's almost 7 GB's in the first place

I checked out some footage of a playthru, and the cinematics seem to both bring some comic relief and load the next level while the movie is playing. It's not like the exclusion made the load times blazing fast in this digital version.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't really care for the cutscenes but I do think it's real bad they would cut it out without warning, I did notice that all there was in terms of 'story' was those little messages in the loading screens

Also this probably isn't in any version, but it feels like the drivers should be yelling stuff, didn't they do that in previous motorstorm games? I mean right now it's like the only time you even know what driver someone is is if theyre on a bike, I don't see the point for the huge character roster :/

• 1 year later...