How to quickly (and easily) boost to level 40

Melia

I am now level 40. I did in 3 play sessions, each lasting about 1-2 hours.

To do this, you will need a second PSN account, 2 controllers, and a rubber band.

Go to online, and press start on the second controller. Pick your second psn account for it to play as.

Go to private game, and pick elimination. Next, put the rubber band around the second controller so that its always pressing down the R2 button.

All you then have to do is start a race, bet against the other player, win, and repeat. Once your bet gets up to 5x, you will be adding an extra 2500 points per race. Each race will take 30 seconds.

The next step is to keep an eye on the medals section under progress. You get massive points for certain numbers of wins per track, per vehicle etc. Max these out for a track and vehicle, then change to another. Make sure you know how many your doing. After a while (usually 50 races per item) you wont be getting bonus points for them. Get 50 wins for a track and vehicle, then change both. Keep doing this.

Other bonusus will also come your way. Number of multiplayer wins, number of races without crashing etc. Some of these can be huge (around 50,000 points).

Each race will take 30 seconds. Once you get to the results screen, press square to keep your betting streak going, and then start tapping X on both controllers. Once the title screen comes back up you will wiz through all the menus and straight to betting again (very effective and a quick way to begin another race).

There are a couple of things to watch out for.

- Make sure the rubber band is on. If it comes off, and no button is pressed for a certain amount of time, that person will be disqualfied, and this will lose your betting streak.

- The 40 trophy may take a couple of races to unlock. Last night i jumped from the bottom of rank 38 right up to 40 after a race. A started anothe race and the trophy didnt pop. It took another attempt to get it to work.

The most important part of this is to keep track of whats going on in the progress section. The bonusus are the part that will increase your rank the most.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont get medal bonuses when two people are playing on the same screen. Not even outside of private room.

Your theory = :boom:

The quickest way is to actually be good at the game, and actually put some dedication in if not. Personally I did it in 8 and a half hours and that was when the servers were buggy as hell so i couldnt build a bet streak (I mean they are still buggy now but the launch week was horrendous)

And if you build a decent bet streak in a real room you can earn way more than 2500 per race (10,000 if you have the skills in a full room).

I dunno, everyone wants something for nothing nowadays :rolleyes:

You dont get medal bonuses when two people are playing on the same screen. Not even outside of private room.

The quickest way is to actually be good at the game, and actually put some dedication in if not. Personally I did it in 8 and a half hours and that was when the servers were buggy as hell so i couldnt build a bet streak (I mean they are still buggy now but the launch week was horrendous)

And if you build a decent bet streak in a real room you can earn way more than 2500 per race (10,000 if you have the skills in a full room).

thats cause these days ppl dont want to do anything anymore... that literally means playing a game... GT5 was the same way with ppl rubberbanding to grind to 40 etc... idk why ppl even bother playing games these days... racing are always fun and there shouldnt be any kinda grinding involved as racing is fun and in this game you dont even lose exp... imo if you cant get to level 40 by racing ppl sell the game cause its pathetic :mad:

Edited by Zooyork26

Yes you do. You do get medals, i know, i have done it.

As long as you are both singed into different psn accounts, and you are playing private online match (not just split screen quick match) you will get medals. The difference is, it wont tell you when they have been achieved, but you still get the points for them, and it still counts on the progress page.

They dont come up on the results page like they do when you are playing on your own, but they work in the exact same way. Dont believe me? Go to the medals page, look at the numbers of a simple one (like wins per vehicle), then do 1 race using my method and check again. you will see the number has gone up 1.

imo if you cant get to level 40 by racing ppl sell the game cause its pathetic :mad:

Surelly that argument could apply to any post on this website that is designed to help you boost trophies.

If you have something against boosting trophies, why are you on this site?

They dont come up on the results page like they do when you are playing on your own, but they work in the exact same way. Dont believe me? Go to the medals page, look at the numbers of a simple one (like wins per vehicle), then do 1 race using my method and check again. you will see the number has gone up 1.

yeah the counters still apply and it may look like you get the medal but trust me, make a note of your points before and after and youll see that you get diddly squat for it. If you join a friend or by madness have two ps3s that can be connected your theory will work fine, but you wont get the 20000xp bonus or whatever when the medal unlocks in splitscreen, just the medal itself (oooooo shiny)

and in terms of the boosting, this game does not need to be boosted because you dont loose chips/xp, so everyone will make it to level 40 and with minimal effort needed. 1.3million xp is an easy target for anyone in this game.

Second edit- And i cant check medals like you say because i have them all :D

Edited by kegs11

yeah the counters still apply and it may look like you get the medal but trust me, make a note of your points before and after and youll see that you get diddly squat for it. If you join a friend or by madness have two ps3s that can be connected your theory will work fine, but you wont get the 20000xp bonus or whatever when the medal unlocks in splitscreen, just the medal itself (oooooo shiny)

and in terms of the boosting, this game does not need to be boosted because you dont loose chips/xp, so everyone will make it to level 40 and with minimal effort needed. 1.3million xp is an easy target for anyone in this game.

You do get the points. Honestly, i got to level 40 using this method, and i got the points every single time, i know this because i was checking the points.

I found a bug as i was boosting through. With some vehicles (the dirt bike, ATV did it, i cant remember which others) the rewards didnt work properly. If i got 5 wins, i would get the bonus. Normally it would then give you a new target of 15. For these vehicles, the second target wouldnt display if you did it in the same sitting. This isnt the case for all vehicles though. Quit out and restart the game and the bug fixes, its very odd. Most vehicles worked fine, this was an exception.

Because of this bug though i was keeping track of the point bonusus i was getting incase there were any other bugs i came across, and i was getting the lot. The most obvious ones were the 50,000 points.

Honestly, i got the points every single time.

There is one other thing to bare in mind when using this method.

When in split screen, the results page at the end of a race doesnt work properly. For example,

Lets say you are level 10, and you get one of the 20,000 bonuses, the 'level' bar at the end of the race wont have moved much, but once you get back to the menu screen you will see you have shot up a few levels.

Use the progress screen alot to keep track of your progress, and not the results screens. The medal points are much more important than the betting points.

Surelly that argument could apply to any post on this website that is designed to help you boost trophies.

If you have something against boosting trophies, why are you on this site?

theres a huge difference between grinding say crysis2 or acb etc as opposed to grinding this... this is game is a joke in comparing to any work needed to grinding at all... if you cant get to level 40 in 3 days or so... slap yourself cause its that easy.. GRINDING IS ONE THING BUT THIS ISNT GRINDING LOL.... thats like telling me i should go boost KZ3 trophies LOL... i hope they patch the game and then this solution will be no more.. you shouldnt even be able to level up in private rooms cause what games have you seen you earn rank points in private by yourself??? pathetic :whistle:

theres a huge difference between grinding say crysis2 or acb etc as opposed to grinding this... this is game is a joke in comparing to any work needed to grinding at all... if you cant get to level 40 in 3 days or so... slap yourself cause its that easy.. GRINDING IS ONE THING BUT THIS ISNT GRINDING LOL.... thats like telling me i should go boost KZ3 trophies LOL... i hope they patch the game and then this solution will be no more.. you shouldnt even be able to level up in private rooms cause what games have you seen you earn rank points in private by yourself??? pathetic :whistle:

Woah woah woah hang on a minute. Whats with the aggression? Whats with calling me pathetic? How does people grinding these trophies affect your enjoyment of the game?

I could say the exact same thing about AC:B, say how you shouldnt grind that. There is no difference in my opinion. I worked up ACB without any grinding at all, This was because i loved the game, and i was bloody good at it. I could say 'If you cant do ACB then your pathetic" etc etc. Its a very idiotic thing to say.

There is a difference between something being easy, and being good at something. Even if a game is very easy, when talking about competitive multiplayer, the assumption is the best of the group will be in first, and the worst in last. How easy a game is doesnt really factor in. If your not very good at it, then it takes a long time to rack up points to level up.

Go to any of the forums on here and you will find people trying to find the quickest way to unlock trophies. This whole site is built around the idea that people want to find trophies. My method is the quickest. I dont really understand why you would have a problem with it. If you do, then why not just ignore it? Or go to every multiplayer boosting thread on this site and start preaching to the lot of them.

'If you cant do ACB without boosting in 3 days, your pathetic'. Yes, see, its stupid.

Edited by Melia

The problem hes stating is that the game has become far too easy and dishes out xp for the fun of it.

This in turn means that it is waaay too easy to hit level 40, and requires minimal dedication.

There is no reason to boost this game as such, doing it your way only shaves maybe an hour or so off the time needed and i guarantee you it will be a lot less fun.

I suppose most of the anger is towards people saying "hey, dont bother enjoying the game, mindlessly grind it instead!"

The multiplayer is a ton of fun and you are advising people to miss out on it for the sake of an enjoyable hour or two.

The problem hes stating is that the game has become far too easy and dishes out xp for the fun of it.

This in turn means that it is waaay too easy to hit level 40, and requires minimal dedication.

There is no reason to boost this game as such, doing it your way only shaves maybe an hour or so off the time needed and i guarantee you it will be a lot less fun.

I suppose most of the anger is towards people saying "hey, dont bother enjoying the game, mindlessly grind it instead!"

The multiplayer is a ton of fun and you are advising people to miss out on it for the sake of an enjoyable hour or two.

You have articulated it alot better than he did. However, i dont agree with some points.

I was at level 10 when i started this grinding technique, and i started doing it because i found it was taking too long to go up levels, and this method was far quicker. I agree, the multiplayer is great fun. I leveled up before the PSN went down (playing online). Whilst it was down, i played the game alot on splitscreen with a friend. When it came back, i had lost interest in the game a bit (Portal 2 + LA Noire coming out). Given that the multiplayer trophies were the last i needed, i wanted to get them, but playing the online multiplayer was becoming a grind in itself. Therefore, this method allowed me to quickly finish it off.

Also, i am not advising anyone to use this method, i am simply putting it out there as an option. If people miss out on the fun, thats their loss. I had pretty much gotten all the joy from this game i was going to by the time the psn came back online.

I felt similar annoyances when people were grinding ACB, because i felt they were missing out on some of the increidible fun that could be had by ligitimatelly playing the multiplayer, but you have to realise its them losing out on it, not you.

Woah woah woah hang on a minute. Whats with the aggression? Whats with calling me pathetic? How does people grinding these trophies affect your enjoyment of the game?

I could say the exact same thing about AC:B, say how you shouldnt grind that. There is no difference in my opinion. I worked up ACB without any grinding at all, This was because i loved the game, and i was bloody good at it. I could say 'If you cant do ACB then your pathetic" etc etc. Its a very idiotic thing to say.

There is a difference between something being easy, and being good at something. Even if a game is very easy, when talking about competitive multiplayer, the assumption is the best of the group will be in first, and the worst in last. How easy a game is doesnt really factor in. If your not very good at it, then it takes a long time to rack up points to level up.

Go to any of the forums on here and you will find people trying to find the quickest way to unlock trophies. This whole site is built around the idea that people want to find trophies. My method is the quickest. I dont really understand why you would have a problem with it. If you do, then why not just ignore it? Or go to every multiplayer boosting thread on this site and start preaching to the lot of them.

'If you cant do ACB without boosting in 3 days, your pathetic'. Yes, see, its stupid.

first off i never called you pathetic... i said its pathetic so way to jump the gun and to flame me when i never said youre... i clearly stated ranking up in private rooms is pathetic duh... ACB was no easy task and was quite boring... racing is fun in every game you play as you always got a sporting chance.. games where ppl camp on spawn points etc are hardly fun and get rather aggravating and arent worth playing cause ppl are cheap... that said imo ACB should never have implemented MP and kept it SP

Edited by Zooyork26

first off i never called you pathetic... i said its pathetic so way to jump the gun and to flame me when i never said youre... i clearly stated ranking up in private rooms is pathetic duh... ACB was no easy task and was quite boring... racing is fun in every game you play as you always got a sporting chance.. games where ppl camp on spawn points etc are hardly fun and get rather aggravating and arent worth playing cause ppl are cheap... that said imo ACB should never have implemented MP and kept it SP

You just said:

ACB was not easy and it was boring.

Thats your opinion. To me, ACB was fun and easy.

For me, MSA wasnt fun anymore, and i didnt find it easy.

Because your good at MSA but bad at ACB, then you believe its ok to boost one, and not the other. Surelly you can see that if your good at something, then it appears to be easier.

You just said:

ACB was not easy and it was boring.

Thats your opinion. To me, ACB was fun and easy.

For me, MSA wasnt fun anymore, and i didnt find it easy.

Because your good at MSA but bad at ACB, then you believe its ok to boost one, and not the other. Surelly you can see that if your good at something, then it appears to be easier.

my whole damn argument is that you shouldnt be able to rank up in private... even ACB doesnt have that and evo dropped the ball yet once again

thats cause these days ppl dont want to do anything anymore... that literally means playing a game... GT5 was the same way with ppl rubberbanding to grind to 40 etc... idk why ppl even bother playing games these days... racing are always fun and there shouldnt be any kinda grinding involved as racing is fun and in this game you dont even lose exp... imo if you cant get to level 40 by racing ppl sell the game cause its pathetic :mad:

That was your original argument, dont turn around now and say your argument has been about private ranking all along :p

Your right, you shouldnt be able to rank up in private, but you can, and its alot faster (you can do 10 races in about 15 minutes, you cant to that online, all the lobby waiting etc). As long as that option is availible, people are going to use it. But that also comes with a positive, it means that when you play online, you are only playing against people who want to be there.

Take DJ Hero 2. I loved playing DJ Hero 2, and i loved the idea of the online content. But the truth is it was a rubbish experience because most people were just there to boost the trophies. With only 2 people per patch, this meant that as soon as they started losing, they would quit out, and you would have to start again trying to find a match. Over, and over, and over. It was very stupid.

MSA had a similar annoyance. I like playing elimination more than racing. Its a short burst of intense gameplay. However, i found alot of people were quitting out in larger rooms. If its the person you had bet on, you would lose your bet.

I prefer not to boost if I don't need to but I don't see anything wrong with people boosting. You can't get aggressive and hostile towards people who boost. 75% of people on this site boost. This is just a quicker method. Sure it's lame. But if people don't like the online, there's nothing wrong with having an alternative. People who did Crysis 2 legit could bitch at you for boosting it.

The only thing that pisses me off is when people brag about getting a trophy by boosting, that's lame.

If boosting doesn't affect you, don't worry about it.

The only thing that pisses me off is when people brag about getting a trophy by boosting, that's lame.

If boosting doesn't affect you, don't worry about it.

Couldn't of said it better myself, I HATE that. And these people act like their really good OMG so annoying.

How is boosting in Crysis 2 or Brotherhood any different then boosting in Motorstorm? If anything, boosting Crysis/Brotherhood is far worse because you actually need to commandeer an entire lobby for your players to repeatedly sit there and grind XP, you actively take out games for players who are trying to enjoy the game honestly.

Motorstorm is still a grind no matter how you look at it, playing the game in private hurts nobody. Yes playing the game normally will guarantee the MP trophies, but so does playing Crysis 2 or Brotherhood normally on it's own. Any player can earn the Extreme Variety on Brotherhood by simply playing the game, it takes time, but you'll earn it on your own.

How can you honestly say it's okay for one game to allow grinding but not another? What about the legitimate people who earned those Crysis 2 trophies honestly? Do you expect them to come on here and give you grief because you boosted "easy" MP trophies?

The only pathetic thing here is people giving grief to OP. If you've boosted any game period, you've got no claim to say "don't boost this game". It's ridiculous, THIS IS A TROPHY SITE DEDICATED TO EARNING TROPHIES..

Get off your fucking high horses people, enjoy your "legit" trophies in Motorstorm, but please stop acting like you've never skipped a few steps in other games. That doesn't give you a pass, ever.

Edited by Thunder_At_Home

Get off your fucking high horses people, enjoy your "legit" trophies in Motorstorm, but please stop acting like you've never skipped a few steps in other games. That doesn't give you a pass, ever.

Your argument is solid, and you could extend it further.

What about looking for hidden items in games, such as the cards in MSA? Surelly using a guide to get those falls into the same argument. Some people will have got them legit, and could argue that is unfair and lazy that people used a guide. They could argue that looking for the cards was fun, and that you are missing out by using a guide.

Your argument is solid, and you could extend it further.

What about looking for hidden items in games, such as the cards in MSA? Surelly using a guide to get those falls into the same argument. Some people will have got them legit, and could argue that is unfair and lazy that people used a guide. They could argue that looking for the cards was fun, and that you are missing out by using a guide.

LOL were still going on about this are we sheesh.... you missed the entire point but whats new eh :rolleyes:

This method works very well. Thank you.

X5 multiplier is sweet. I got kicked off the MP once though and my betwinnings were @ 40000+... When kicked off, you won't get them. Be careful not to overdue with the betwinnings. I always 'cash-in' now at 40000.

Went from lvl.21 to 30 in less then an hour^^