Ranked matches broken?

Dementhis

Been trying to play with randoms, boost with my friend, getting nothing at all here. Me and my friend have even gone as far as removing eachother and resetting the game, it still just sits there and searches but never finds anything. Yes we can connect to eachother too because he can join my private matches and chats so that's not the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, the same thing is happening for me with randoms and my boosting partner. Basically since May 31, Mortal Kombat shut down their GameSpy servers. Thus causing the game to migrate servers, because of this transition it is causing problems with matchmaking and interruption of online play.

So yeah, it sucks. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, considering it's been a month since it's initial migration. All we can do is wait. While me and my boosting partner can't boost, Outstanding! (win 10 ranked in a row). We are however boosting the King of the Hill trophies, considering private matches with players, work perfectly fine.

It's still doing it now. Ranked Tag matches kick me out to the online menu 2 seconds after attempting to search. Ranked 1v1 searches for forever with no result.

Last night, I found the same random person in 1v1 and tag but I never found my boosting partner. According to PSNprofiles, 2 people unlocked "Outstanding" yesterday so I assume servers are just hit and miss for the time being.

My PS3 auto-downloaded a patch. Maybe it's a fix for the ranked matches.

I received it as well and noticed that the message of the day was still the same one as before the patch (Netherealm apologizing for any issues during the migration). I went ahead and tried to boost it, and surprisingly, everything went smoothly (I did not get auto-booted during any of my search attempts, both 1v1 and tag).